Photobucket.com issues - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions Discussion of TheDieselStop.Com itself. What do you like or don't like, kudos and complaints, comments and suggestions.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By ford_doctor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs down Photobucket.com issues

Admin,
I'm noticing folks like me who use photobucket to host their pics onto a third party website like Dieselstop.com are no longer able to successfully post pics without buying a $$ plan from photobucket. Didn't know if you were aware so thought I'd pass it along.

2003 F350 Lariat King Ranch 6.0L 4x4 Dually
2005 Lower Center Dash (modified to fit) w/factory Upfitter install
Coolant filter, Fumoto Valves (Oil, L/R block plugs)
Delo ELC, Blue Spring Mod, DashBoss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 11:53 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (12)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I haven't had any problem with Photobucket yet on all the photos that I have on their site and posted elsewhere.

Here is a photo that I have had hosted there for a while.

96 F250 PS XLT 4X4 long box, 5sp,4.10, manual hubs,pyro+boost guages, Dark Toumaline, add a leaf, Dale's TYMAR, and HX hose, downpipe, coolant filter, Luk clutch
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-06-2017, 12:47 PM

My Photos: (7)
Thanks for reporting this. We became aware of this issue recently.

It seems some accounts are being effected more quickly than others.

Had some members on another site report success with this link which may be useful:

https://fixphotobucket.com/

Copy and paste the URL that Photobucket is currently giving you for direct links, and this site gives you an updated URL that is able to go shared (looks like it redirects through their own servers?) Just use the URL - the BBCode they give you is incorrect. [img=http] won't work here. Use the [img] tags with your URL inbetween.

- JB

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 11:04 PM

It's over

Sorry everyone, Photobucket has blocked this host from fetching images. Converted images will continue working, but no new images can be converted from here.

If you'd like to migrate away from Photobucket you can download your albums and bring them elsewhere.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugman View Post
I haven't had any problem with Photobucket yet on all the photos that I have on their site and posted elsewhere.

Here is a photo that I have had hosted there for a while.
Your pic has disappeared. I have a bunch of photos I had linked to in a number of forums and they are all blocked now. I'm not going to pay for it, I will just "attach" as needed using the "paper clip" icon.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-02-2017, 12:10 AM

My Photos: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Your pic has disappeared. I have a bunch of photos I had linked to in a number of forums and they are all blocked now. I'm not going to pay for it, I will just "attach" as needed using the "paper clip" icon.
I actually deleted my account with them and pulled all my pictures that I had on them before they sent me that pay up or else email.

I figure that if it has to do with my truck I'll post them here in the gallery on this forum.

A friend started up a photo hosting site that I'll post my other pictures on. I just feel sorry for those that used PB exclusively and don't have any of their photos anywhere else but PB.

96 F250 PS XLT 4X4 long box, 5sp,4.10, manual hubs,pyro+boost guages, Dark Toumaline, add a leaf, Dale's TYMAR, and HX hose, downpipe, coolant filter, Luk clutch
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-02-2017, 07:50 AM

This decision by PB has resulted in a loss of photos on every forum platform.

I can't help but think it was a very poor decision to implement this new paid subscription format as they have.

2002 F-250 4x4 CC SB 7.3 PSD w/4R100. 182,000 miles.
NOS Black CPS. ScanGauge-II, AIC, Bilstein 5100, Stancor GPR, Marinco Mod, B&W Turnover Ball, Michelin Defender LTX

2002 F-250 4x4 SC LB 7.3 PSD w/ZF-6. 177,000 miles.
NOS Black CPS. ScanGauge-II. Bilstein 5100. Noco Mod. Michelin Defender LTX 285/75/16.

SOLD:
2000 F-250 4x4 SC SB 7.3 PSD w/4R100. 164,000 miles.
NOS Black CPS. Rebuilt Fuel bowl w/gold spring, 6.0 Cooler, Walker BTM, Stancor GPR, Michelin LTX M&S2.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-02-2017, 01:20 PM

Agreed on that point.

Kevin

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-24-2017, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugman View Post
I actually deleted my account with them and pulled all my pictures that I had on them before they sent me that pay up or else email.

I figure that if it has to do with my truck I'll post them here in the gallery on this forum.

A friend started up a photo hosting site that I'll post my other pictures on. I just feel sorry for those that used PB exclusively and don't have any of their photos anywhere else but PB.
I'm interested to know your friend's photo hosting site. Please let me know. Thanks.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-24-2017, 11:43 AM

My Photos: (1)
Garage
This is why I do not like the use of third party image hosting. In my forums I have blocked the use of them because we have a lot of technical discussions with images. When the images go missing it drastically detracts from the content. I provide image hosting for my members/forums which eliminates this problem. TDS does appear to provide this as well along with post attachments... notice how the attachment thumbnais rotate 180 degrees. Someone needs to investigate that!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2834 (Medium).JPG
Views:	26
Size:	194.0 KB
ID:	116745  

ArcticDriver likes this.

2016 Ford Fusion ENERGI Titanium Plug-in Hybrid
F
ord Senior Master Diesel Technician

Diesel Technician Society
Diesel Mentor Directory

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 08:49 AM

Hi there,

Were those photos taken with an iPhone? There are some issues with photos in iOS.

Fergus

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 11:32 AM

My Photos: (1)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
Hi there,

Were those photos taken with an iPhone? There are some issues with photos in iOS.

Fergus
I believe I did indeed take that photo with an iPhone 6. However the picture was uploaded to my PC. After the first time I uploaded to TDS editor and saw the thumbnail upside down I rotated it to see if that would change things. Doing so had no affect. Does not make sense that a generated thumbnail would erroneously rotate because of the source... but if you say so.

2016 Ford Fusion ENERGI Titanium Plug-in Hybrid
F
ord Senior Master Diesel Technician

Diesel Technician Society
Diesel Mentor Directory

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 02:31 PM

Hey ford_doctor,

This happens because the forum software is unable to read the EXIF data that is imprinted on the photo when you take it.

The EXIF data holds a lot of information, which includes orientation of your photo. Many programs are able to read this, and that is why you see it displayed upright in some places, but many others still are not.

This is a good article that explains all of this: https://www.howtogeek.com/254830/why...ectly-rotated/

The gist of it is, the phones are designed to work like a digital camera. Holding your digital camera flat, in landscape, is the 'base line'. Developers used this 'base line' in the following way for mobile devices:
Apple users: hold your phone with your VOLUME buttons DOWN.
Android users: hold your phone with your HOME button to the RIGHT.

It's completely against common sense since the volume button is used as a shutter button, so you would think the volume button should point UP! But that is how developers worked it out, so when you hold your phone upright, in portrait, it is the same as turning your digital camera 90 degrees to the side, to take a portrait photo. Since the forum cannot read the data that tells it which way you are holding your phone, it displays plainly from the 'base line' - whichever side your volume buttons are on will be the bottom of your photo (so if you take a photo with your volume buttons facing UP on your phone, the photo will display upside down when you upload it here).

There is not currently any plugins or hacks that we've come across that can allow the forum to read the EXIF data at this time.*

The only way around it is, either hold your phones the way the developers decided you should, OR you can open the photos in an Editing program (not the viewer), and save them in the correct orientation (you might need to rename them, and crop off a pixel or two, to make sure a change is recognized).*

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Nate

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > General Discussion > News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in