Posting links to pics - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions Discussion of TheDieselStop.Com itself. What do you like or don't like, kudos and complaints, comments and suggestions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-08-2004, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (9)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Posting links to pics

I think I figured out how to post a pic by using the url. The problem is that when the link opens up, it is a very small pic in the top left corner that is too small to be seen, and it does'nt enlarge. What am I doing wrong? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img]

2004 F-250 XLT Crewcab in Dark Shadow Grey with a '04 6.0L Powerstroke born on 10/07/03 and everything on it except moonroof and FX4 pkg., has Bilstein shocks, Westin step bars, Issipro guages, Vision camper shell, Ford Gold remote starter, sirius satellite radio, Diamond and Xtreme amps powering 2 10" Diamond subs and a Kenwood excelon Navigation system. Towing a 2005 29' Keystone Outback 5vr with a Super Slide slide.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-----------------------------------------------
2000 Ford Taurus SE (My commuter) 24V Duratech engine, Auto with 6 disc Alpine changer, Interfire 250 watt amp, Orion 60 watt amp, and 1 12" Diamond subwoofer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 05:54 AM

My Photos: (8)
Re: Posting links to pics

Make sure the link you are posting is to the actual photo itself and not the "thumbnail" of the photo. In other words, open the photo, copy the URL of the full sized photo and insert that as your link. Hope this helps.

Mike
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 06:38 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (45)

What 95_stroker said.

In your Gallery, you can look at your photo in three different sizes: thumbnail, medium, and large. Usually, you click on the photo to change it's size. After it's the size you want on your screen, then right-click on it and get the URL from the properties window. If you right-click on the thumbnail, that's what you'll have.

Here are the three different URLs to your truck. Notice the URL is slightly different for each size of photo.

http://photos.thedieselstop.com/data...ruck-thumb.jpg

http://photos.thedieselstop.com/data..._truck-med.jpg

http://photos.thedieselstop.com/data...30my_truck.jpg

My Sierra Blanca (Spanish for White Mountain) in the sig pic was a great pickup for 11.5 years. I sold it several years ago. I drove a hand-me-down 2003 F-150 SuperCrew 4.6L 2V for a while, but it was unacceptable for towing more than a rowboat. Replacement is a 2012 F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew Lariat that tows my 5,000-pound TT like a dream. Replaced the 2012 with a 2019 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost with max tow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 07:33 AM

My Photos: (28)

What Smokey said except for one small cavaet.

If the original photo was below 600 x 450 to start with you will only have 2 different size photos. On every photo there is a thumbnail and then when you click on the thumbnail you usually get a larger size image that is 600x450. It could be a bit smaller if the original photo is smaller than 660x450 and if it is an avatar sized image to start with, you won't get the option to view a larger image at all. If the original photo is larger than 600x450, you get to click again and it will display the full size image, whatever size it is. 640x480, 800x600 or 1600x1200 or whatever.

Smokey, thanks for posting that info. You beat me to it.

Dick

TheDieselStop.Com Moderator & Former Photo Editor
Had a May '02 F350 7.3L SC Lariat 4x4 Auto. Sold In 5/2016 it had 321.1K+ miles

Had a June '97 F350 7.3L Reg Cab XLT 4x4 Auto SRW, OEM Radio w/CD. Sold In 5/2016 it had 208.1K+ miles
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

ok, I think I got it, except that when I open the link I created, for some reason it opens it up with paint. I also noticed that it is not jpeg image, it is a bmp image.

2004 F-250 XLT Crewcab in Dark Shadow Grey with a '04 6.0L Powerstroke born on 10/07/03 and everything on it except moonroof and FX4 pkg., has Bilstein shocks, Westin step bars, Issipro guages, Vision camper shell, Ford Gold remote starter, sirius satellite radio, Diamond and Xtreme amps powering 2 10" Diamond subs and a Kenwood excelon Navigation system. Towing a 2005 29' Keystone Outback 5vr with a Super Slide slide.

2000 Ford Taurus SE (My commuter) 24V Duratech engine, Auto with 6 disc Alpine changer, Interfire 250 watt amp, Orion 60 watt amp, and 1 12" Diamond subwoofer.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 05:53 PM

My Photos: (28)

Paint apparently is your default program to view .bmp files which is usually the case with windows PC's. To get them to be a .jpg image you will need a image program to open the .bmp file and then save as a .jpg. A great freeware proghram to do that is here

Jpg photos have a much smaller file size and is the preferred format to upload. You can get more photos within your 2 meg allotted disc space in your gallery.

Dick

TheDieselStop.Com Moderator & Former Photo Editor
Had a May '02 F350 7.3L SC Lariat 4x4 Auto. Sold In 5/2016 it had 321.1K+ miles

Had a June '97 F350 7.3L Reg Cab XLT 4x4 Auto SRW, OEM Radio w/CD. Sold In 5/2016 it had 208.1K+ miles
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, I'll try it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > General Discussion > News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in