Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com (https://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/)
-   News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions (https://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f10/)
-   -   Problems with site (https://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f10/problems-site-602553/)

buzzleo 01-13-2017 04:17 PM

Problems with site any adminisrators watching?

this web site is barely useable.......I frezes, typing lags, pagfes takea long tim to load. I on't have trouble at any oter sites that I can think of as u can see typing is nt fun
am not a premum member. if i do and this site is still a pain will i get a refund?

i went back and edited this so that someone could understand it

bugman 01-13-2017 07:15 PM

I doubt that you will get a reply until at least Monday when the site Admins come back after the weekend.

First off dump all your cookies and then retry it. Also it will help them out if you list what you are on such as a computer/laptop or a phone when you are having problems also the operating system and browser if on a computer.

Another member had the same type of problem and he switched browsers and then everything was fine.

I have no problems on FireFox or IE but then I very seldom use IE anymore.

klhansen 01-13-2017 07:46 PM

I doubt the problem is with the site, but with either your internet connection or the browser you're using.

You might try another browser.

Administrator 01-16-2017 09:52 AM

Hey there,

Please list your Device / Browser and OS so that we can investigate the issue.

Please ensure you clear your browsers cache and cookies as well.

Is your browser hanging on anything in particular? (Waiting for/Connecting to ..... ) alerts in the bottom left corner?

If you are using IE, please add the site to compatibility view.

thanks,
- JB

buzzleo 01-17-2017 09:33 AM

HP laptop 1.9 GHZ 6 GB ram
windows 10 ver 1607 64 bit
IE 11
I get 15MB/s download and 2 MB/s upload speed

I put t on compatability mode still hav issues typing
typing lags or doesn't up
adds play without being clicked on
curser shows trail or disappears
page locks up went to task manager showed 1300 mb memory being used no ther process showed more than 100
took 3 tries to get this post up....nothingrn i elower left corner

buzzleo 01-17-2017 08:23 PM

I don't hav prblems with any otherweb pagetatI have gone to

bugman 01-17-2017 09:00 PM

Have you tried a different browser besides IE?

Such as Firefox or Chrome?

buzzleo 01-18-2017 08:17 AM

I am on chrome seems to work a little better I will try it for a while and see how it goes

Administrator 01-19-2017 09:17 AM

Let us know if this pops back up for you in chrome.

Can any one else confirm that this is an issue for them as well?
Please Provide the browser that you are using.

Richard.

buzzleo 01-20-2017 12:27 PM

it is 100% better with chrome (definetly useable) but still a very small lag typing characters and "stickyness" when scrolling

Googs 01-22-2017 04:50 PM

I use chrome no problems , could it be your internet supplier ?

Has the problem been solved ?

dieseldogtom 03-15-2017 03:12 AM

I use firefox on a laptop and feel just like buzzleo.
This seemed to happen right around the same time (we) all had to
reset our passwords because you guys got hacked into.
I can't pinpoint the specific (lags) or just why they happen.
I guess if I clicked to go to another thread I would find the (lags).
Seems like the site is to busy loading advertising before it loads the thread.
I just can't see loading & using another browser JUST for THIS site.
It didn't do it a few months ago and NO OTHER site's I go to seem to
be having this type of issue.
I regularly hear "clear your browsers cache and cookies" as a suggestion when people
are having problems on a site. I RARELY hear "doing that solved the problem".
Also, I am no computer expert but doesn't Clearing cache & cookies cause other
sites to load slower? I thought that was a big part of why sites save cookies onto your machine.
So when you revisit the site there is certain information it doesn't have to reload?
I don't know exactly what speed connection I have but it's no different than a few months
back before the hack and I am on the same machine with the same Ram, Memory and other
physical features. And I HAVE cleared the cache & cookies. Still thedieselstop.com is a turtle!

LMJD 04-28-2017 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Administrator (Post 4332633)
Let us know if this pops back up for you in chrome.

Can any one else confirm that this is an issue for them as well?
Please Provide the browser that you are using.
Richard.

Yes, I've been having fits with the site for about a week or more now. I just tried to go from the 7.3 IDI section to the 6.9 IDI section and all I get is a continually spinning icon and a blank page. Then when I minimize the TDS page and go to a completely different web address or forum the minimized TDS page causes the new forum or web address not to load or causes it go into a "tizzy fit" in one way or another. If I eliminate TDS still trying to load in the background, everything else is back to normal. I have IE and have absolutely no trouble with any other forum, just the TDS forum. Also, I'm a fast typer, and many times as I'm typing a reply (like here) I have to wait due to the fact it will take may 6 or more seconds for each letter of each word to appear in the reply box, there again, that's only on the Diesel Stop site. Any advice would be appreciated.

chuckster57 04-28-2017 10:42 AM

Windows 10, Edge browser...What a PITA to use this site anymore. Like LMJD, type fast and it doesn't get all the keystrokes. FINE EVERYWHERE ELSE.

bugman 04-28-2017 10:55 AM

I had so many problems with the MS browsers that I switched over to Firefox There are problems with Firefox also but a lot fewer of them from what I have seen.

I haven't had any problems this AM 4/28