This is the second time a post of mine has been deleted... - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions Discussion of TheDieselStop.Com itself. What do you like or don't like, kudos and complaints, comments and suggestions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (52)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This is the second time a post of mine has been deleted...

Now ask me if I have recived ONE e-mail to say why???????

So I will post it again.......

I posted a specific question about a specific topic, was clear and did not insult anyone or any part of TDS...

Again... I quote

[ QUOTE ]
Guys, I just chopped a whole bunch of posts off this thread.

I' going to add one little thing to it and then snap the lock on.

Intelligent people talk about ideas
Average people talk about things
Small people talk about other people

Don't be a small person.

klhansen
Moderator [quote/]

Why was this thread locked? We are all grown men here, we all can take care of our selfs. Nothing was said to insult or damage... Why cant we let some of this stuff run its course? We all have egos, Mines bigger then all of yours...LOL but we would all give the shirts off our backs to help each other out if nessasary...

Delete it if you must... but I dont think that is right...

Joe

01 F-250 SC PSD,260k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100 from P.I.S, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Water injection,Swamps Tuning and IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 12:28 PM

My Photos: (2)
Re: This is the second time a post of mine has been deleted...

Cant say why your posts are getting deleted but I have noticed a tendency to use "malicious compliance" by some of the moderators. We are all adults here although I will admitt some of us, my self included do not act like it at times. Emotions run high from time to time. I believe this comes from passion for what one believes in. If your post are on topic and do not insult others I for one say let them go...
I do believe in this forum, it has taught me a lot and has also brought up more questions for the stuff I still need to learn. Thank you to all of you have helped me and will hopefully in the futre.
Cheers

7.3l '03, 250, CC, 4x4. 203* Tstat. DieselSite Coolant Filter. HX Line. Magnefine Tranny Filter
15w-40 Amsoil oil w/single bypass filter. ZooDad. DP-Tuner 80hp Ecno PCM. 4 guage pod ISSPRO gauges. Napa BTM.
BFG A/T 285/75 R16. Power Slot Rotors w/ Hawk
Pads Bilstein Shocks, PML Rear Diff Cover
Sirius Satellite, JL Audio aftermarket speakers, 500w 5 channel amp, 2-10s

"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them."
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 12:49 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (61)

Moderators generally send an email to the account listed on the site for membership (NOT the one listed for the public to see) - is yours current and do you check it? If your posts were in the OTHER TECHNICAL QUESTIONS forum often they do not get notification as there are so many there to be moderated. Also moderation is not discussed in the forums 99% of the time.

Moderation on this site is a thankless job (I did it for several months) that few folks appreciate. I would hesitate to bash the moderators until you have walked the proverbial mile in their shoes. I have and have yet to attack a moderator. If your post was deleted it evidently violated one or more of the site rules. Reposting the same thing will usually give the same result. The moderators here do not get paid or have any other advantages over general membership other than what is required to do the job at hand. There is no axe to grind, they are just trying to help Jason keep the focus of this site where he (the owner, by the way, with all the rights of emperor in this cyber-kingdom) wants it to be.

Dave / Believer45

THANK YOU to all the heroes in our military and all the heroes at home who wait for their safe return. I am humbled by and grateful for your service and sacrifice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'95 F250 ext cab long bed, PSD, 5 speed, 2 wheel drive, 3.55 gears, 286,000 miles, Edge Evolution CTS
, LUK clutch, homemade
, open element
, 36" ARE contractor cap. With tools, full of fuel and me on board (300 lbs) steer 3620, drive 3860 total 7480.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

I have never "bashed" a mod... I know it is a "thankless" job... Yes my e-mail is the same...

01 F-250 SC PSD,260k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100 from P.I.S, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Water injection,Swamps Tuning and IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 02:48 PM

My Photos: (0)

the way the software threads the posts together if your post is part of a string that is getting pulled then it'll get axed as well (and you don't get notified). The only sure way to prevent this is to reply only to the first post in a thread (eg: with the reply button on post #1)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

No... we are taking about Threads... Sorry my bad...

Joe

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > General Discussion > News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in