Seems odd to me. - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions Discussion of TheDieselStop.Com itself. What do you like or don't like, kudos and complaints, comments and suggestions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-22-2004, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Seems odd to me.

I have a couple of hobbies that I enjoy. I own and operate a truck accessory store. It's easy to see my interest in this site. I also enjoy offshore performance boating. The difference you ask???

On all the boating forums I participate in you are allowed to discuss more than one boat without people freaking out. On this forum for some reason, if you mention the differences between one brand and another the thread gets locked. Makes sense to me since we are here to discuss that very thing.

Buck

2003 F-250 Crew Cab, FX4, Lariat, True Blue, Short Bed, 3:73 gears, Tow Package. Extang RT Bed Cover. Arma Coatings Spray on Bedliner. Remote Start. Stull painted to match grill shell with billet insert. Husky liners. AFE intake. Amp and Subs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 01:15 AM

Re: Seems odd to me.

[ QUOTE ]
On all the boating forums I participate in you are allowed to discuss more than one boat without people freaking out.

[/ QUOTE ]
What is the boating forum you participate in called?

2008 F-250 Lariat SRW 4x4 CC SWB...
KEM tuned Minimaxx
... S&B CAI / MBRP Cool Duals
Dark Stone Metallic / Pueblo gold
Readylift 3.5" levelling kit
... Toyo MT 315/70/18(bigger than 35-12.50-18)

-----
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
--- BIG$HOW -------<տլ
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 07:57 AM

I have an 03' CTD Dodge, I enjoy this site, I just don't go out of my way to prove I'm right and everyone else is wrong. I've had all three diesels, actually four if you include the 6.5l, that one I try to forget about. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

Jay,

If the purpose of the site is to discuss Diesel powered Ford trucks then you have your solution to us poluting this site with unwanted posts that have to be deleted without question. Simply do away with the general diesel forum and problem solved. Why have it if we're only here to talk about Diesel powered Ford products?

Buck

2003 F-250 Crew Cab, FX4, Lariat, True Blue, Short Bed, 3:73 gears, Tow Package. Extang RT Bed Cover. Arma Coatings Spray on Bedliner. Remote Start. Stull painted to match grill shell with billet insert. Husky liners. AFE intake. Amp and Subs.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Simply do away with the general diesel forum and problem solved

[/ QUOTE ]

That forum serves as a venue to discuss diesel technologies, "in general." Again, it's diesel-oriented, just not "truck-oriented." It's not the place to discuss a Chevy transmission, or a Dodge suspension issue. However, if you want to talk about the Dmax or Cummins engine, that's perfectly acceptable.

Regards,
Jay
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a couple of hobbies that I enjoy. I own and operate a truck accessory store. It's easy to see my interest in this site. I also enjoy offshore performance boating. The difference you ask???

On all the boating forums I participate in you are allowed to discuss more than one boat without people freaking out. On this forum for some reason, if you mention the differences between one brand and another the thread gets locked. Makes sense to me since we are here to discuss that very thing.

Buck

[/ QUOTE ]

some of the boating websites that i belong to are general boating for bass offshore etc and are general in nature. it would be different if it was a Fountain forum and i wanted to talk about Formula. Same thing here it is supposed to be about Ford trucks specifically diesels. Just my .02

Dan

'04 F-250 CC Lariat White w/silver 6.0 PSD 5 spd auto, 4X2, 3.73LSD, Straight piped SCT EXCALIBRATOR 2 TRIPLE A PILLAR AUTOMETER ULTRA LITE GUAGES BOOST,PYRO,TRANS ZOODAD*Silver Star Bulbs*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 11:32 AM

My Photos: (17)

I think another difference between boating and trucks is that folks, in general, get more attached to their trucks and become loyal to an auto maker. One boat company may offer several options for drive train where as in a truck you get what you get. I feel it's a different mindset to begin with. If this was a general diesel truck forum then that would be different yet from what we have now. I think this works pretty well the way it is. Those with maturity can discuss technical merits of any engine maker objectively. The problem is when someone starts trolling and a thread goes south real quick. This is the best forum I have personally seen or participated in. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif[/img]

Mel Westlake - Flyfishing Nut - NRA Life Member - <font color="blue">BOOB Man!</font>
<font color="green">THE HULK</font>-'94 F-250 XLT Supercab, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4x4, ZF 5spd (Handshakers Unite!), 4:10's, 235/85R16's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > General Discussion > News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in