Too Many Closed Topics - Page 2 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions Discussion of TheDieselStop.Com itself. What do you like or don't like, kudos and complaints, comments and suggestions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-1999, 11:32 PM

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Re: Too Many Closed Topics

I thinks the the new administrators are doing a good job so-far, like some of you I'm a newbe, an owner since May. Love my PSD. I have leaned sooo much the dealer and others that own PSD are asking me!! Keep up the great work, all of you administrators, members and Jr. members all. Thanks a lot

------------------
250SD SC PSD 4x4 LWB Lariat, ESOF, ABS, Auto 3.73 Black/Tan, Rhino Liner,Rally lid,Loaded

99.5 F-250SD SC PSD 4x4 LWB Lariat, ESOF, ABS, Auto 3.73 Black/Tan, Rhino Liner, Rallylid, AM/FM Cass/CD, Clearance lights, TT Mirrors,K&N Air Filter, Great Truck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-16-1999, 12:57 PM

Jason,

Your posts don't help the "alt.ford..." situation much either. I know it's your site but lay off a little. I have dealt with Sprint, they're not that good. We went to a UUnet OC3 because Sprint would go down all the time.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-16-1999, 09:04 PM

My Photos: (15)

burnickas
Just a jfew facts reguarding the old site.
There were no closed threads due to that wasn't possible. That is a feature of this site.
I remember very well Jason having to weigh in and try to stop threads.
But the fact of him needing money to upgrade and getting more than needed speaks volumes.
I should have given more. That is why I volentered to help out. I am trying to give back a portion of what I've gotten.

------------------
99 F250 psd cc lariat 4x4
6 speed "chipped" sb

99 F250 psd cc lariat 4x4
6 speed shorty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-17-1999, 09:59 PM

As an old timer driving an 87 E350, I use the 6.9 forum and on down and think its the greatest advance in automotive engineering since hydraulic brakes. This bunch asks and answer questions like no other shop in the world, and for free! Closing topics is a necessity to make room for new topics, and don't they all go to the archives where you can still read them? Jason is doing a great job and if a professional wrestler can be governor of Minnesota, I'll vote the Diesel-Com ticket to put Jason in the White House.

'85 E350 6.9 Class C Motorhome pulling darling little '87 Bronco II 4x4 toad.
Signature? I ain't signing nuttin without a lawyer !
If its true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the OTHERS here for?
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-19-1999, 08:58 PM

mike g,
Your idea to close this site to none diesel owners is rediculous! (I should have said plain stupid). I became the proud owner of a 99 PS in 8/98! I had a Ford bias, but did like the Cummins. All the information i got on this site helped me to make an educated decision on which diesel to purchase! I am still happy with my PS!
Jason does a great job with this site, and as far as administrators go..I don't have a problem with them either. At least I can e-mail them if I disagree!
My thoughts
Ernest

99 PS XLT 3.73 SC Auto Shorty, WD chip, triple A-pillar gauges
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-19-1999, 09:15 PM

Ernest,

I didn't say a damn thing about closing the site. I said:
" I've got an idea for you Jason, open a page thats requires you to have a Ford diesel before you can participate, there ought to be a way to do it, maybe vin #'s."
Thats an exact quote I pasted it from the other post. If you'll notice the word PAGE.
If I've got a stupid idea I can handle you telling me, I'm a big boy now. But atleast let it be my idea.
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-19-1999, 09:24 PM

My 2 cents,

This site is great and if the new admin. of the site want to close the thread it is ok and has been ok. They have been getting out of hand every once and a while. This keeps the same old topics (oil and ratings for instance) from starting flame wars and personal attacks. I know that I have gotten a lot of information from this site and enjoy reading the posts. Keep up the good work.

Thanks,
John
F250 PSD SC 4x4 3.73 Green Over Tan Lariat Short Bed
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-20-1999, 09:43 AM

O.K., I'm posting in "Ford-Diesel.com". I made my previous post where I did for 2 reasons, (1)minor protest, and (2)thats where it was relavent, since it was refering to a post in that forum. I have NO problem with the fact that the moderators can, and do, close threads. My major B**** is that it is done so arbitrarily. Harmless topics that will run out soon anyway are closed, and inflamatory, controversial topics are not. Some things are moved as inaproprate, and other ,less appropriate ones are not.

I guess the big change has come about with multiple moderators. When Jason was doing all the moderation there was a great deal of consistancy. Obviously, he was also working himself to death. Multiple moderators lead to multiple viewpoints on administration. I just wish you could all agree on a standard, and everyone follow through. I mean no offense by this, I just think there needs to be a little bit more consistancy of purpose.

my 2cents worth
Bruce

------------------
Just my opinion, there are others
'99 F350, CC, SRW, LB, 2WD, Hunter Green/Silver

The Original GreenMonster, although now I'm grey!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Just my opinion, there are others
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'06 F350, CC, SRW, LB, 4WD, Dk Grey/Black ARE camper shell
It's not how bad you screw up, it's how well you recover that counts
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-20-1999, 09:06 PM

My Photos: (89)

I must say that I do find it hard to choose what to move or what to leave. Fortunatley, I keep after the 6.9/7.3L forum, so there aren't near as many messages as the 99+ forum. My point of reference is the old forum; I read it rather thoroughly, and I'm trying to keep it near to how it was. However, I sometimes "break the rules." Specifically, I try to leave for sale and wanted ads in the forums, because people in it are probably trying to buy or sell something relevant. (I think I'll start suggesting an extra post in the "for sale" section, just to be politically correct.) If you or anyone has any sugesstions on what you specificaly want to see moved or left alone, please pass it on.

------------------
85 6.9 4spd 4wd

His & Her Ford diesels. 86 f-250 6.9 4spd 2wd (his) 85 f-250 6.9 4spd 4wd (hers)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > General Discussion > News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in