American Idol - Page 5 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Off-Topic Discussions This is the area for general banter/chat. There are rules for this section, please read the sticky post in the section before participating. Enter at your own risk as some posts in here may be NSFW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 05:05 PM

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Did your wife notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by George C View Post
Yes, she does!
You noticing?

Too much junk/toys to mention, ever changing due to too getting bored too quickly. I need a 10 step program!
Want to call? I'm in the book. Want to argue....First explain the square root of negative one....lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 06:18 PM
Banned

Just by accident...
post #63 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (19)
Well who's it gonna be, the judges sure did not give Cook any love last night and were dripping honey on the kid. I think Cook is the best entertainer. The kid is a very good singer. I could not argue the results either way, but I want Cook to win and think he has a chance to eek it out in a close one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 07:04 PM

My Photos: (4)
Send a message via Yahoo to Texrob1
I will go out on a limb and say David will win tonight.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2005 F250 XLT wedgewood blue 4x4 C/C SWB,6.0L PSD, Auto.(Member of 05 STC Failure Club
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
) 2006 Expedition Eddie Bauer,5.4L (Wife's) NRA Life Member. TSRA Life member.
post #65 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 07:06 PM
Banned

I missed it last night.
I'm hoping for the kid to win it. Cook is as ugly as Frankenstein, and I can't look at that bad hair one more day..
post #66 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 10:38 PM
Banned

Carrie Underwood is the real deal...
post #67 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (19)
Cook wins, I think the voters got it right, he was the best.........Cook rocks. Can't wait for his first CD. I really like the guy.
post #68 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 11:44 PM

My Photos: (4)
Send a message via Yahoo to Texrob1
I didn't realize that David Cook was from Houston,no wonder he won. Houston's David clobbers the other David for Idol crown | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

2005 F250 XLT wedgewood blue 4x4 C/C SWB,6.0L PSD, Auto.(Member of 05 STC Failure Club
) 2006 Expedition Eddie Bauer,5.4L (Wife's) NRA Life Member. TSRA Life member.
post #69 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 08:24 AM

by 12,000,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGTUT View Post
Cook wins, I think the voters got it right, he was the best.........Cook rocks. Can't wait for his first CD. I really like the guy.
Votes!!!! That was quite a win. I liked the guy and thought it would be him and Carlie in the final.

Too much junk/toys to mention, ever changing due to too getting bored too quickly. I need a 10 step program!
Want to call? I'm in the book. Want to argue....First explain the square root of negative one....lol
post #70 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 08:44 AM
Banned

I don't see myself wanting to hear that guy, or any of the others "idols" sing, let alone buy a highly sound processed CD of theirs to listen to...
There is just nothing there, except the "most promoted" person in the month of May.
The show is nice entertainment and I love to watch it, but at the end of the day, none of them have any more singing talent than what could be found on any cruise ship or smokey lounge. They can just adapt, I mean forced to adapt a little better to different music styles.

Give me a person who can actually write a hit song. That's talent. Then, if they sing it, now we're talking about potential. Then, if they can do it twice, now we can call that real potential.
David Cook? I wish him well. I would suggest to him that he gets his guitar out of the case and pencil a song. Then, I might take notice.

Carrie Underwood is the real deal because she is beautiful, has nice legs, and sings in a segment (country) where posers have been successful for years by just being pretty, and letting song writers supply the talent. It's acceptable in Country.
That's how it's becoming in Pop music, but there is no "staying" power in Pop, as there is in Country..

Man, do I miss Jim Morrison.

Last edited by George C; 05-22-2008 at 08:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Off-Topic Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in