Bad, Bad news for diesel PU owners - Page 4 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Off-Topic Discussions This is the area for general banter/chat. There are rules for this section, please read the sticky post in the section before participating. Enter at your own risk as some posts in here may be NSFW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008, 05:23 AM

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I truly think that everyone is missing the real issue here. I agree some people don't need these trucks and some people couldn't afford them. BUT, these finance companies know how much money it really takes to live every month. They are exploiting the consumer. The American public is being turned into SLAVES by the people that we elected. All these corporate bailouts and other bullcrap is debt just added to our individual SSN's. It makes me sick thinking of the fact that I make 100K a year and that every corporation and politician is so greedy that I can barely afford to feed my wife and children. That's including the fact that I make my own bio and own my own business besides working 9-5. This country needs to start seeing the real issues

99 X-Cab 7.3 4X4 White/Grey, DP 6-pos. chip, straight exhaust, egt.-trans-boost gauges, Sweeet sounds--Kenwood USB/Sat. reciever/tuner, (2) sets of Fosgate 6X8's, (1) 10" Fosgate Sub boxed between the front seat and the dash, (2) Fosgate 12" in back, ((2) Fosgate Punch 250's and (1) Fosgate Punch 300 for the subs, amps mounted to the back seat support covered by seat), foil delete, Intense Heat Glows, Line-X liner, Dee-Zee Platinum Box, White bumpers, and grill, clear headlights/corners. Soon to come: 5"liftw/ 34's, 6.0 intercooler-trans cooler, single shots, BB turbo, BTS Trans.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brady000 View Post
I truly think that everyone is missing the real issue here. I agree some people don't need these trucks and some people couldn't afford them. BUT, these finance companies know how much money it really takes to live every month. They are exploiting the consumer. The American public is being turned into SLAVES by the people that we elected. All these corporate bailouts and other bullcrap is debt just added to our individual SSN's. It makes me sick thinking of the fact that I make 100K a year and that every corporation and politician is so greedy that I can barely afford to feed my wife and children. That's including the fact that I make my own bio and own my own business besides working 9-5. This country needs to start seeing the real issues

What are you going to do about it?

Vote for Mcain who is all for bailing out speculators?

Or,

Vote for Obama who is all for bailing out speculators?

This isn't a "subprime" problem. It's Enron accounting on a much larger scale that they are obfuscating the responsibility for by attempting to blame young 1st time homebuyers and unsophisticated consumers for.

They force a loan onto a person that reverts to a 12% interest rate. The loan is repacked as a bond which is then used to buy other income streams.

The government is "bailing out" what would have been the full principle plus what would have been the full interest on the loan over a 30 year period.

On a $200,000.00 home loan at 12%, this is about $740,000.00 dollars.

Last edited by checkthisout; 09-22-2008 at 06:20 AM.
post #48 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGTUT View Post
That is if you want to sell yours or trade it in. I was shopping for a car today and was told by the used car managers at threes stores the same story. They had all attended the most recent sale at the Atlanta Auto Auction, a BIG auction. They were trying to pick up as many gas sippers as they could since they can't get enough new ones on the lot to supply demand. There is a diesel "line" at this auction. They told me that approximately 20 diesel powered PU's went through the line with no bids......period. One of the used car managers told me he traded an 04 Dmax crew cab, loaded 4x4, 48000 miles for 13K, yes I said it 13 grand.......bad times. Don't get any Ford bravado going they ain't doing any better. Said they guy still owed north of 25k on it.
Good news for me. I'm looking for a vehicle for wifey and a diesel Excursion would be perfect. The boys at Vegistroke will be getting another order from me soon!

GENERAL SHERMAN
2003 F-350 FX4 7.3L
Vegistroke V3
Optima Red Tops
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 08:57 AM
Banned

My next truck will be another big crew cab Superduty.
My wife already wants to get rid of her new Lincoln MKX and go back to a Tahoe or a Yukon because she absolutely hates it. The mileage isn't that great on that car either, and definitely isn't enough to warrant driving it.

Just for the record, my 6.4L is getting 17 city/22 highway with my tuner and exhaust combo. As a little kicker, it's putting out almost 500 horses to the ground.
post #50 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 10:08 PM

As bad as the diesel pick up market has been getting beaten up, things are even worse for the gas engine SUVs, as was made crystal clear for me when I wanted to trade in the wife's 2004 Suburban with 50,000 miles.

Some dealers would not even consider it. Others offered $5k at most.

I had hoped to replace it with a 7.3 Excursion. So much for that. With what I'm being offered for the Suburban, I'll just hold on to it.

1999 7.3 F-350 and 2004 6.0 Excursion

Truck: Tymar type intake, Zoo Dad, muffler delete, By-pass coolant filter, Dahl 100 fuel filter Harpoon & Hutch mod, upgrade to 3/8" fuel line and HP oil X-over, Oil by-pass, Scan gauge II.

Excursion: All stock, so far.
post #51 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkthisout View Post
This only proves how many people owned those trucks that never needed one. Not even for recreation.
Amen to that.

Also, if you are in the market for a diesel pickup, this is a GREAT time to buy.

2003 F-350 SRW XLT 7.3L 4R100 PSD 4x4 Supercab SB 3.73
1994 Dodge 3500 SLT Dually 5.9L Cummins NV4500 5spd US Gear "splitter" Exhaust brake 4x4
RETIRED: 1985 Chevy K20 6.2L Turbo-400 3spd auto 4x4 4.10
2003 Ford Explorer XLT 4.0L V-6 5-spd auto 4wd 3.55
NRA Life member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Off-Topic Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in