CO2 the thread of life - Page 2 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Off-Topic Discussions This is the area for general banter/chat. There are rules for this section, please read the sticky post in the section before participating. Enter at your own risk as some posts in here may be NSFW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 10:54 PM

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
We would run biodiesel if it was available here. None of the distributors want to sell it. There was a new 40 million gallon per year plant being built, but they ran out of money and got cold feet. It was going to use canola which we can grow here more so then soybeans. And like you said, CO2 is going to be a tough issue with trains, ships, and what all else that are vital to the economy.

10' F-350 Powerstroke CC SB, XLT, 4X4, auto. Stock for awhile.

01' F-350 Powerstroke CC SB, 4X4, auto. MODS: 4" Exhaust with muffler delete, ATS E-Power Tuner, Autometer Phantom pyro, and boost guages, Rapid Flow intake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 06:49 AM

I never heard of this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT765 View Post
Talking about the tractors and CO2: I'm sure some of you have heard of farmers pumping the exhaust from the tractors back into the ground. Some say it's for carbon credits, but from what I understand it's all about the NOx. The purpose is to break the NOx down once it gets into the ground. In the end you should have nitrogen and oxygen, but the few that I've seen do it have seen no benefits. I wonder how much the CO2 stays in the ground though? Is it enough to get carbon credits?
Sounds a little hokey? Got any links?

Too much junk/toys to mention, ever changing due to too getting bored too quickly. I need a 10 step program!
Want to call? I'm in the book. Want to argue....First explain the square root of negative one....lol
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 07:39 AM

My Photos: (8)
To me it doesn't sound hokey, but I don't know of anyone around here that does that. It's about the same principle of appling anhydrus amonia (SP?) You use a pull behind bar with knives that inject the gas into the ground where it can naturally break down into nitrogen. Good stuff, the corn loves it. You can tell where you didn't get a good seal from the soil too as the corn is about 2 feet shorter than the rest.

Too bad about not having bio in your area of Idaho. If you guys do get it someday, watch out though. The solvents in the bio have been breaking down the sludge in the bulk tanks and tractor tanks. Makes for a lot of fuel-filter changes and degrading rubber lines.

THE BLUE BOMBER! Currently Toast !!!!

87 ford f-350 cab-chassis dually. 2wd, 6.9, 3 speed C-6. 3 leaf helper springs, 11,000 gvwr, pintle/ball hitch, 6 pin round trailer connector (unhooked currently). Rear generic truck stop lights. Twin I beam front end with coil springs. Plow lights and switch to go from headlights to plow lights. 8.5 foot meyer diamond plow with central hydrolics. 8 foot rugby dump bed. 167,000 miles and still strong. Solid State Glow Plug Controller.

Last edited by WhiteGardens; 05-01-2008 at 07:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 12:48 PM

This website has a few small pictures and talks a little about it. Kind of wierd, these people are really talking it up. Reverse your CO2 footprint with the CO2Xchange

10' F-350 Powerstroke CC SB, XLT, 4X4, auto. Stock for awhile.

01' F-350 Powerstroke CC SB, 4X4, auto. MODS: 4" Exhaust with muffler delete, ATS E-Power Tuner, Autometer Phantom pyro, and boost guages, Rapid Flow intake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Off-Topic Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in