Discovery Channel's new show Dieselbrothers - Page 2 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Off-Topic Discussions This is the area for general banter/chat. There are rules for this section, please read the sticky post in the section before participating. Enter at your own risk as some posts in here may be NSFW

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 12:00 PM

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
You made it 5 more minutes than me LOL!
LOL yeah i know people who didn't make it quite there either.

08 CCSB 6.4 617 RWHP Fuel Only Un-corrected ***SOLD**
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 12:21 PM

My Photos: (1)
Garage
The people on the show seem nice enough but the show is just not all that interesting. I got bored with it and tuned out about 3/4 of the way through. I'll give it another chance but it's really the same old crap. I think you have to be "in to" that kind of thing. JMHO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2019 Ford Fusion ENERGI Titanium Plug-in Hybrid
Ford Senior Master Diesel Technician
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Diesel Technician Society
Diesel Mentor Directory

post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporting Member

If slapping 4 cylinder twin turbo Cummins in a 1940s jeep is the same old thing, Ide sure like to be directed to a show where that is the same old thing.
They are unsafe knuckle heads and yes they need to be directed some so the average Jo has some idea of what's going on and then try to get it entertaining. A guy at a bench speaking in a monotone with flow charts and stuff would not be "entertaining"
It's not every bodies cup of tea.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 08:19 PM

My Photos: (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody @ ATP Trucks View Post
LOL yeah i know people who didn't make it quite there either.
Well I suffered through the whole thing last night to see just how bad it could get and in case there's any doubt in yours and Chuckster57's mind it does NOT get better..
Looks like their main event is building cartoons on wheels.

Heavy truck and diesel mechanic (thankfully retired after 30+ yrs)
'91 F-250 SC 4X4, 5spd. ATS Turbo, 3:55 diff.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 09:21 PM

My Photos: (180)
I watched the first two episodes, and had to say to myself "what a bunch of doofuses (doofi?)" a number of times. I agree with Nick about safety, such as doing donuts with a couple of guys rolling around in the truck bed. They do build some amazing stuff, but definitely not my preference on a truck. My wife also commented "Why would anyone want a truck like that" when they rolled in the 6 door F650.

I went on their website just out of curiosity, and found it to be not very well designed, but not everyone is a web designer.

But like the other guys said, it has to be "dramatic". I have seen the "Alaska Bush People" trailers, but avoid that show like the plague. Definitely not real Alaskans. Diesel Brothers is likely going to fall in the 'don't bother watching' category for me.
LMJD likes this.

First truck -- 1929 Model A Ford pickup, restored from ground up. Wish I still had it!
'99.5 F250 PSD Supercab LB 4x4, ZF-6 w/SB Con OFE, 3.73LS, Boost & pyro gauges, Swamps S175/146 injectors, DP 80 HP Econo PCM (classic version
), AIS,
regulated return,

post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-20-2016, 11:49 AM

My Photos: (27)
Quote:
My wife also commented "Why would anyone want a truck like that" when they rolled in the 6 door F650.
Definitely agree with your wife on that one. Years ago they had a large new mid-duty Ford truck on display at a local rodeo. The thing did have a pickup bed on it but being on a bigger higher dump truck size frame the bed was so high you couldn't even put a gooseneck hitch in it. The nose of any gooseneck trailer would be pointed at the moon. Worthless. On the other hand, I knew quite a few (wealthier) cutting horse people who had Centurion modified pickups. They were really luxurious, practical, and normal height. Some were converted to 4 doors with back seats facing sideways and most all had a stainless aluminum diamond plate classy angled bed like some tow trucks and with a gooseneck hitch. Basically like this one although it's an Econoline:
http://www.curbsideclassic.com/wp-co...7-1024x676.jpg

Heavy truck and diesel mechanic (thankfully retired after 30+ yrs)
'91 F-250 SC 4X4, 5spd. ATS Turbo, 3:55 diff.
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 04:05 PM

My Photos: (0)
Reality shows are all structured the same. They all have the same "flavor". From Axe Men to Diesel Brothers to House Wives of New Jersey. Same poop.

Show me the cars/trucks. Tell me the story of how you built it. Who cares about your trip to SEMA.

I actually like Wheeler Dealer. Still a reality show, and the spin offs have gotten cheesy, but the time in the shop getting dirty is the most interesting to me. All Girls Garage isn't half bad either
LMJD likes this.

2003 F450 C&C Dump Truck, 7.3L PS Diesel, 2wd, ZF6 - 166K miles

Mods: Superchips 1705 Mini Tuner- Tow Safe Tune, HPX oil crossover.

Mods to be finished: - Glow Shift Gauges (Boost, EGT, Fuel Pressure), International Up-Pipes, Turbo seals, pedestal and EBPV delete. Hutch mod
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 04:42 PM

My Photos: (2)
Soooo, I guess if they put reruns of unique whips on, there wouldn't be many takers here eh??

2007 F350 SRW 6.0L Auto, 3.73LS, 172"WB 4x4. Viper Alarm/RS, WD pillar Guages,AutoEnginuity, 100gal polished alum fuel tank.
All Sold: 99.5, early03 , 2004 - all were 172" wb 4x4 lariat's.

My Worklog - *Updated 8/18 with Edge CTS2 install click here =>*:
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2016, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

I liked the one that last like 6 episodes. Slippery bald headed guy from West Vifginia running a shop in San Diego called El Ray's garage. He liked the "time burglar"phrase.
The show with guys who would fix up one car and sell rest for hoarders was cool as well
Cuban Chrome was good. Those guys making parts for 1950s cars and holding them together with smuggled in paint and bubble gum was good to.
I foresee a bad accident with those knuckleheads on Diesel Brothers. Heavey D kinda reminds me of myself, though was not quite as arrogant at that age and he put his money to good use instead of waste and debotchery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Off-Topic Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in