fuel price's at TA's,WHAT is that??? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Off-Topic Discussions This is the area for general banter/chat. There are rules for this section, please read the sticky post in the section before participating. Enter at your own risk as some posts in here may be NSFW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
fuel price's at TA's,WHAT is that???

TravelCenters of America LLC - The one stop for all your travel needs. ,the question is this,TA Edinburg DSL #2 LS 2.699ULSD #2 3.939see the spread from LS to ULS ,and this one,GEORGIA TA Atlanta DSL #2 LS 2.869 LS only,

2002 F350 4 door Dually XLT lariat PSD Crew Cab 4R100 4.10 VDH4 Prepump, In-Tank, Crossover,Tymar air intake, Edge Evolution, Magellan 6000T GPS, White Night backup light's, DPPI Guages, Walker "Big Truck" Muffler, b&w turn over hitch, pulling a 2004 Sunnybrook 31bwks triple slide 5th wheel. , Total Gross 20900#.truck wt empty 7420# all at the scale, born 05/02/02. bought 06/18/02 & the wife's 2007 eddie bower expedtion 5.4,6 speed automatic ,power everything,redfire & tan.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 11:30 AM

My Photos: (1)
WOW! Thats amazing!

The cheapest around here is about 30 miles from me in Castle Rock. It is a Western gas station that is selling ULSD for $3.66

They have consistently been 20-60 cents cheaper than any place else. Its worth the drive.

I do wish that I could get LSD though. I thought it was essentially outlawed though?

2016 RAM 3500 Big Horn, CC LB, DRW, 6.7 CTD, 4wd, Aisin trans

Gone but not forgotten...
2002 F-350 SRW
Lariat, Crew Cab, Long Bed
4X4, Auto Trans, Tymar Intake
Wicked Wheel, Zoodad Mod
DP Tuner - 60E, 80E, 40T, 80T, Decel
05+ Harley Headlights
6" Upper and Lower Windshield Brows
ISSPRO Gauges, Edge Insight CTS

Sold at 206,000 miles

Last edited by lone_star_dsl; 09-13-2008 at 11:36 AM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 01:02 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (45)
I don't know, but my guess is the cheap fuel is for sale only to folks with Mexican plates and Mexican driver's license and they are heading back across the Rio Grande River to Mexico. (Edinburg TX is very close to Mexico.) But I think junk diesel is even cheaper in Mexico, so I don't know why TA would offer it in south Texas. Maybe because of the number of South Texans (including "winter" Texans) who cross the river to buy their cheap junk diesel?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyWren View Post
I don't know, but my guess is the cheap fuel is for sale only to folks with Mexican plates and Mexican driver's license and they are heading back across the Rio Grande River to Mexico. (Edinburg TX is very close to Mexico.) But I think junk diesel is even cheaper in Mexico, so I don't know why TA would offer it in south Texas. Maybe because of the number of South Texans (including "winter" Texans) who cross the river to buy their cheap junk diesel?
-----------------Ok,but what about Atlanta,TA Atlanta DSL #2 LS 2.869 LS only, BTW,my son just went past the Ford plant in Atlanta on the way to Illinois and it's comming down via excivator's???,when did that happen,guess I missed that one.

2002 F350 4 door Dually XLT lariat PSD Crew Cab 4R100 4.10 VDH4 Prepump, In-Tank, Crossover,Tymar air intake, Edge Evolution, Magellan 6000T GPS, White Night backup light's, DPPI Guages, Walker "Big Truck" Muffler, b&w turn over hitch, pulling a 2004 Sunnybrook 31bwks triple slide 5th wheel. , Total Gross 20900#.truck wt empty 7420# all at the scale, born 05/02/02. bought 06/18/02 & the wife's 2007 eddie bower expedtion 5.4,6 speed automatic ,power everything,redfire & tan.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppie View Post
-----------------Ok,but what about Atlanta,TA Atlanta DSL #2 LS 2.869 LS only, BTW,my son just went past the Ford plant in Atlanta on the way to Illinois and it's comming down via excivator's???,when did that happen,guess I missed that one.
-----------sorry,that did not work,trythis one,GEORGIA TA Atlanta DSL #2 LS 2.869--------go here and look it up,does not copy and paste for some reason, TravelCenters of America LLC - The one stop for all your travel needs.

Last edited by poppie; 09-13-2008 at 03:49 PM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppie View Post
-----------------Ok,but what about Atlanta
I don't know, unless it's the "off road" un-taxed diesel the truckers hauling reefers burn in the reefer engines. Many truckstops sell the red untaxed diesel for that purpose. But don't get caught with red diesel in your fuel tank.

That could also be the explanation for the cheap diesel in Edinburg. Edinburg is in the heart of "the valley", i.e., the lower Rio Grande valley where lots of truck farms produce fruits and vegetables that get hauled out to all parts of the country in reefer trucks - i.e., refrigerated van trailers.

Question. Why do they call a vegetable farm a "truck" farm?

Last edited by SmokeyWren; 09-13-2008 at 05:21 PM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 10:05 PM

I think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyWren View Post
I don't know, unless it's the "off road" un-taxed diesel the truckers hauling reefers burn in the reefer engines. Many truckstops sell the red untaxed diesel for that purpose. But don't get caught with red diesel in your fuel tank.

That could also be the explanation for the cheap diesel in Edinburg. Edinburg is in the heart of "the valley", i.e., the lower Rio Grande valley where lots of truck farms produce fruits and vegetables that get hauled out to all parts of the country in reefer trucks - i.e., refrigerated van trailers.

Question. Why do they call a vegetable farm a "truck" farm?
Truck farming is the cultivation of one or a few fruit or vegetable crops on a relatively large scale for transport to distant markets where the crop cannot be grown due to climate.

Too much junk/toys to mention, ever changing due to too getting bored too quickly. I need a 10 step program!
Want to call? I'm in the book. Want to argue....First explain the square root of negative one....lol
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-14-2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roofeditor View Post
Truck farming is the cultivation of one or a few fruit or vegetable crops on a relatively large scale for transport to distant markets where the crop cannot be grown due to climate.
Yeah, I knew the definition. Slightly different than that one because they have truck farms in New Jersery that supply fresh fruits and vegetables (FF&V) to the New York City markets, in season. So you don't have to be in the Imperial Valley or the Lower Rio Grande Valley to have a truck farm.

But that doesn't answer the question. Why do they call it a "truck" farm instead of a vegetable farm.

We grow cotton here, and it gets trucked and trained and shipped all the way to China for making Levis, but we call it a cotton farm, not a ship farm or a train farm or a truck farm.

My Sierra Blanca (Spanish for White Mountain) in the sig pic was a great pickup for 11.5 years. I sold it several years ago. I drove a hand-me-down 2003 F-150 SuperCrew 4.6L 2V for a while, but it was unacceptable for towing more than a rowboat. Replacement is a 2012 F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew Lariat that tows my 5,000-pound TT like a dream. Replaced the 2012 with a 2019 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost with max tow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Off-Topic Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in