Geico Car Insurance any good? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Off-Topic Discussions This is the area for general banter/chat. There are rules for this section, please read the sticky post in the section before participating. Enter at your own risk as some posts in here may be NSFW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (2)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Geico Car Insurance any good?

I am due to renew my auto insurance policy at the end of the month. I currently have AAA. I got quotes from 21st Century and Geico. For the same coverage Geico is about $800 cheaper per year (3 vehicles) than AAA and 21st.

Has anyone had any GOOD or BAD experiences with Geico?

TIA

TDS member #49 - 1999.5 (Built 4/26/99) White F350, CC, SRW, LWB, Lariat, AIC, 4R100 (4th transmission before 85k - gotta love this tranny), 6.0 trans cooler, manual shift 4wd, 3 inch leveling kit, KING reservoir shocks, 285-75-16 Bridgestone REVOs, Performance Friction Pads all around, Powerslot Cryo'd rotors in front, CD player, Infinity REF 6800CS speakers (front and rear), Garmin 2610 GPS (hardwired), 40/20/40 leather seats, heated turn signal- TT mirrors, Titan V hitch, weatherguard box, DP Tuner 4 Position chip (love it), AIS intake, Diesel Site CAC Boots, 4" Magnaflow exhaust, Diesel Innovations Up Pipe, gutted EBPV, Non EBPV Turbo Pedestal, X-Monitor. NO STEERING WHEN BRAKES ARE APPLIED!

Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 01:30 PM

My Photos: (0)
They have very Good service & thier price is real Good. I found a better price than them but the service sucked so I'm going back when it's renewal time.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel dad 96 View Post
They have very Good service & thier price is real Good. I found a better price than them but the service sucked so I'm going back when it's renewal time.
Who had the bad service - so I know not to go there?

TDS member #49 - 1999.5 (Built 4/26/99) White F350, CC, SRW, LWB, Lariat, AIC, 4R100 (4th transmission before 85k - gotta love this tranny), 6.0 trans cooler, manual shift 4wd, 3 inch leveling kit, KING reservoir shocks, 285-75-16 Bridgestone REVOs, Performance Friction Pads all around, Powerslot Cryo'd rotors in front, CD player, Infinity REF 6800CS speakers (front and rear), Garmin 2610 GPS (hardwired), 40/20/40 leather seats, heated turn signal- TT mirrors, Titan V hitch, weatherguard box, DP Tuner 4 Position chip (love it), AIS intake, Diesel Site CAC Boots, 4" Magnaflow exhaust, Diesel Innovations Up Pipe, gutted EBPV, Non EBPV Turbo Pedestal, X-Monitor. NO STEERING WHEN BRAKES ARE APPLIED!

Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 07:32 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (1)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgarden View Post
Who had the bad service - so I know not to go there?
It depends on who you "want" to fix your car, & how much you care who fixes it....

They can't spend that much on advertising without cutting corners some where...(I'm in the business of car repair)

I have Auto Owners ...

Save money now , & spend it later ,,all good if you don't have a serious claim...

They will ultimately tell you where to have your repairs done ...

Don't care ?...all good ...

Rick.....
97 F 350 ...Lucky 13
"Most stuff's just stuck & needs hittin with a hammer .Supporter/End user of ShiftSolutions THE CURE E4/4R Trans Control. Helping Cancer patients and families
Special thanks to RacerX USA

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 11:53 AM

when i switched from progressive to gmac last year my premium dropped by 50% , my coverage increased , and deductable dropped... no claims as of yet.. also its a 12 month policy instead of a 6 months( no quick re-rate increase) im a teamster so we got a pretty good discount...

2000 X ,4x4, DIY TYMAR, WALKER BTM, HYPERTECH LEVEL3, AIRDOG 100,... 2001 f350 crewcab 7.3/auto 4x4 shortbed srw stock-for now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 01:07 PM

Yes, there are a lot of discounts that we can offer which really helps out the premium price. I think one of the biggest discounts is 20% off for AAA members.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 10:57 PM

We've only dealt with Geico when we were hit by one of their insured. They treated us right, no BS.

December, '02 build F-250 CC 4X4 Lariat 6.0/Torqshift,Toreador Red over Arizona Beige 4X4 FX4 w/ moon roof. Stull grill insert, chromed tow hooks/bed tie downs, painted door handles, King Ranch flares, '08 aluminum differential cover, Inyati bed liner, Edge 3" lift Bonspeed eight spoke wheels w/BFG AT KO 305/65R18s now gone, but greatly missed
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 11:15 PM

My Photos: (47)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuoteWarz Insurance View Post
In my opinion Geico spends a lot of money on advertising, but they are not that great when it comes time for claims. I know of several people that were dropped from their policy without any claims because their car was considered risky. I wouldn't ever want to deal with a company that is going to drop me when I haven't even filed a claim.
Is Geico one of the "50 different companies" you get quotes from?

If they are, your bad-mouthing them could be considered honesty in business and I would applaud you for it.

If they're not, then don't you think that's a little unfair?

Posting bad reviews by users, is one thing.

By a competitor......... is another.

On topic: For those that qualify, USAA is by far the best insurance company I have ever dealt with.

Last edited by AK_Gandy; 02-12-2010 at 11:21 PM.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 11:26 PM

My Photos: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Gandy View Post
On topic: For those that qualify, USAA is by far the best insurance company I have ever dealt with.
I agree! Plus they have lightened up their eligibility requirements to veterans that have gotten out within 5 years IIRC.

FWIW, USAA refers customers to Geico for some of the stuff they do not insure themselves like motorcylce insurance.

2012 F350 Lariat ultimate 6.7 PSD LB CC SRW Fx4,
67 F-250 Project truck, currently in a billion pieces
70 F-250 4x4 (highboy)
Past trucks: 07 F-350 xlt 6.0 PSD LB CC SRW 4x4, black on tan, A/T, 5" exhaust w/4" downpipe, SCT livewire
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Traded in 04 F-250 xlt 6.0 PSD SB extcab 4x4, 6spd, all stock and 97 F-250HD xlt 7.3 PSD extcab LB 4x4, 5spd, Superchips tuner, 4" turbo back exaust, K&N CAI, 02 intercooler installed, Sold
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 11:52 AM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireguywtc View Post
FWIW, USAA refers customers to Geico for some of the stuff they do not insure themselves like motorcylce insurance.
I have USAA, and they have insured all my motorcycles for years. My Harley is currently insured with them. So, it appears they do insure motorcycles.

1993 F350 XLT DRW (sold)
2000 F350 XLT DRW (sold)
2005 F350 Lariat DRW (traded in on new truck)
2012 F350 Lariat 6.7L SRW SuperCab all the bells and whistles
Purchased thru Bobby Williams, Sunrise Ford, Fontana, CA
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 07:33 PM

i have geico, tested them out when daughter had accident just after getting her license.

15k of damage to her car, totaled other guys car, and settled a 40k lawsuit.....

didnt raise our rate, and didnt drop us....

they did thou give hard time about using oem new part s to repair car, and even wanted to use salvage parts.....but as per their policy thats what was allowed, i paid outta pocket for new oem parts only because car was only 6 months old with 6 000 miles.

another note, my collectors car insurance policy also reserves right to use aftermarket and salvage parts to fix the car...

'16 s550, iridium silver / black interior.
'15 144 sprinter cargo van
'12 mercedes s350 bluetec, yes it s a diesel ! !
'08 mb sl550, my little red its not a corvette
'91 560 SEL benz , only 81,000 miles
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013, 10:26 PM

I have been a customer of Auto and Home insurance since 2005 with GEICO. Rates have always been competitive as I shop every two years (4autoinsurancequote.com is a good place to shop for rates). Local service has been very good. Although I never had a claim, my agent keeps in touch each year and has twice found new discounts that I qualified for.

Last edited by funlol; 11-29-2013 at 07:10 PM. Reason: adding info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Off-Topic Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in