Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com (https://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/)
-   Off-Topic Discussions (https://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f102/)
-   -   Geraldo on Fox News (https://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f102/geraldo-fox-news-208864/)

KINGTUT 09-13-2008 12:08 AM

Geraldo on Fox News

Is it just me or is this guy one sensational grabbing, over dramatic, self serving piece of chert on TV. I mean this guy wants to grab news while folks are in real danger of dying. He makes me sick and absolutely sux in terms of coverage of the hurricane compared to experts on other channels. He makes me want to blow chunks. He gives a whole new meaning to the term ambulance chaser...........He is so self absorbed, he is only about himself. I think I have made it clear I really despise this guy. Fox is much better than this, I am disappointed they continue to use airwaves with this fools folly.:nono:

THEBUNDO 09-13-2008 01:50 AM

Some weird part of me likes Geraldo, and even though he's a Democrat, he's pretty centrist and even-handed. His crazy escapades not-withstanding, he has been in almost every role possible, including anchoring the network news (maybe NBC) as a fill-in, perhaps on the weekend. He's been around almost 35 years, and will certainly go down as "memorable" in anyone's book. He's 65 years old, yet seems like a kid, and is still making babies. I'd love to get drunk with him, Ted Kennedy, and George Bush.

Unfortunately, the closest we'll come to that is when Ted Kennedy and George Bush got drunk together while working on "No Child Left Behind" or something early in the Bush administration, and they got into a drunken wrestling match. Bush suffered a rug burn on his face, which was passed off as him choking on a pretzel and falling on the carpet. Yeah, right. Ted Kennedy did it.

LMJD 09-13-2008 09:14 AM

Couldn't agree more, your Tutness!:lol: He's a real pant-load. On a positive note, yesterday he was play'in the Drama Queen role on Fox News, standing knee deep in fast running water and a log knocked him totally off his feet. The only thing above water for a while was his melon-head and his messed up doo. They replayed it a couple times, probably made the studio news staffs' day-----ahh, Good Times!:lol:

roofeditor 09-13-2008 09:16 AM

Safe to assume you don't like him?

Quote:

Originally Posted by KINGTUT (Post 1620933)
Is it just me or is this guy one sensational grabbing, over dramatic, self serving piece of chert on TV. I mean this guy wants to grab news while folks are in real danger of dying. He makes me sick and absolutely sux in terms of coverage of the hurricane compared to experts on other channels. He makes me want to blow chunks. He gives a whole new meaning to the term ambulance chaser...........He is so self absorbed, he is only about himself. I think I have made it clear I really despise this guy. Fox is much better than this, I am disappointed they continue to use airwaves with this fools folly.:nono:

When he drew the map in Iraq showing where the troops were, I thought that was it for him!

His name BTW is Gerald and he was called Gerry when younger. It was changed to GERALDO to sound more Latin. :thdown:

roofeditor 09-13-2008 09:20 AM

Btw!

In one of his books he claims he put the wood to Princess Diana!

roofeditor 09-13-2008 09:24 AM

Geraldo

Now most Puerto Ricans have no love for blacks.

Here is Geraldo.

Original Post: This morning on "Fox & Friends," Geraldo Rivera made an offensive and racially-charged joke about Barbara Walters' affair with married Senator Edward Brooke, who is black. Barbara told Oprah yesterday (in a show to air next week) that she had an affair in the 1970s with the Republican Senator from Massachusetts.

"Once you go black, you don't go back," Geraldo joked.

kude 09-14-2008 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roofeditor (Post 1621010)
When he drew the map in Iraq showing where the troops were, I thought that was it for him!

I thought we destroyed all communications abilities that the Republican Guard could use, so I doubt they were watching Geraldo's report. Nevertheless it was a violation he survived.

He's not boring like most news people.

THEBUNDO 09-15-2008 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kude (Post 1621422)
I thought we destroyed all communications abilities that the Republican Guard could use, so I doubt they were watching Geraldo's report. Nevertheless it was a violation he survived.

He's not boring like most news people.

The military never claimed to have destroyed the Iraqi military's ability to watch TV

checkthisout 09-15-2008 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roofeditor (Post 1621013)

"Once you go black, you don't go back," Geraldo joked.

It's True!

roofeditor 09-15-2008 12:05 PM

He said that not me!

Quote:

Originally Posted by checkthisout (Post 1621610)
It's True!

I really know nothing of the theory!

Packard8 09-15-2008 07:50 PM

Quote:

His name BTW is Gerald and he was called Gerry when younger. It was changed to GERALDO to sound more Latin. :thdown:
I've read that he actually used the name "Gerry Rivers" in college to be less Latin and fit in. Either way, I get the impression that he has never been comfortable in his own skin. :thdown:

chuckster57 09-15-2008 08:01 PM

80 Attachment(s)
When I worked at World Airways in Oakland calif. I was an aricraft painter. United Airlines donated an old DC-8 To Dr. Orbus (eye surgeon) and World airways donated the Paint/Job. We were told that Geraldo was going to show up and do a story, and be ready...He never showed.....(hmmm was that when he was with the princess?)

Texrob1 09-17-2008 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMJD (Post 1621009)
Couldn't agree more, your Tutness!:lol: He's a real pant-load. On a positive note, yesterday he was play'in the Drama Queen role on Fox News, standing knee deep in fast running water and a log knocked him totally off his feet. The only thing above water for a while was his melon-head and his messed up doo. They replayed it a couple times, probably made the studio news staffs' day-----ahh, Good Times!:lol:

I saw that clip when he was almost Swept off the Galveston Seawall,I am pretty sure I heard one of the Fireman tell him as he was walking off "Maybe it's time for you to get off the Seawall" Or something to that Effect. :lol:

vegistroker73L 09-18-2008 10:31 AM

I guess Fox keeps him on so they can say they allow Democratic viewpoints too? :icon_rolleyes: Seriously, Geraldo and Alan Colmes are pretty poor specimens...

Texrob1 09-18-2008 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vegistroker73L (Post 1622954)
Seriously, Geraldo and Alan Colmes are pretty poor specimens...

I couldn't agree More!