Geraldo on Fox News - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Off-Topic Discussions This is the area for general banter/chat. There are rules for this section, please read the sticky post in the section before participating. Enter at your own risk as some posts in here may be NSFW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 12:08 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (19)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Geraldo on Fox News

Is it just me or is this guy one sensational grabbing, over dramatic, self serving piece of chert on TV. I mean this guy wants to grab news while folks are in real danger of dying. He makes me sick and absolutely sux in terms of coverage of the hurricane compared to experts on other channels. He makes me want to blow chunks. He gives a whole new meaning to the term ambulance chaser...........He is so self absorbed, he is only about himself. I think I have made it clear I really despise this guy. Fox is much better than this, I am disappointed they continue to use airwaves with this fools folly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 01:50 AM

My Photos: (14)
Some weird part of me likes Geraldo, and even though he's a Democrat, he's pretty centrist and even-handed. His crazy escapades not-withstanding, he has been in almost every role possible, including anchoring the network news (maybe NBC) as a fill-in, perhaps on the weekend. He's been around almost 35 years, and will certainly go down as "memorable" in anyone's book. He's 65 years old, yet seems like a kid, and is still making babies. I'd love to get drunk with him, Ted Kennedy, and George Bush.

Unfortunately, the closest we'll come to that is when Ted Kennedy and George Bush got drunk together while working on "No Child Left Behind" or something early in the Bush administration, and they got into a drunken wrestling match. Bush suffered a rug burn on his face, which was passed off as him choking on a pretzel and falling on the carpet. Yeah, right. Ted Kennedy did it.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 09:14 AM

My Photos: (27)
Couldn't agree more, your Tutness! He's a real pant-load. On a positive note, yesterday he was play'in the Drama Queen role on Fox News, standing knee deep in fast running water and a log knocked him totally off his feet. The only thing above water for a while was his melon-head and his messed up doo. They replayed it a couple times, probably made the studio news staffs' day-----ahh, Good Times!

Heavy truck and diesel mechanic (thankfully retired after 30+ yrs)
'91 F-250 SC 4X4, 5spd. ATS Turbo, 3:55 diff.

Last edited by LMJD; 09-13-2008 at 09:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 09:16 AM

My Photos: (0)
Safe to assume you don't like him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGTUT View Post
Is it just me or is this guy one sensational grabbing, over dramatic, self serving piece of chert on TV. I mean this guy wants to grab news while folks are in real danger of dying. He makes me sick and absolutely sux in terms of coverage of the hurricane compared to experts on other channels. He makes me want to blow chunks. He gives a whole new meaning to the term ambulance chaser...........He is so self absorbed, he is only about himself. I think I have made it clear I really despise this guy. Fox is much better than this, I am disappointed they continue to use airwaves with this fools folly.
When he drew the map in Iraq showing where the troops were, I thought that was it for him!

His name BTW is Gerald and he was called Gerry when younger. It was changed to GERALDO to sound more Latin.

Too much junk/toys to mention, ever changing due to too getting bored too quickly. I need a 10 step program!
Want to call? I'm in the book. Want to argue....First explain the square root of negative one....lol
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 09:20 AM

Btw!

In one of his books he claims he put the wood to Princess Diana!

Too much junk/toys to mention, ever changing due to too getting bored too quickly. I need a 10 step program!
Want to call? I'm in the book. Want to argue....First explain the square root of negative one....lol
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 09:24 AM

Geraldo

Now most Puerto Ricans have no love for blacks.

Here is Geraldo.

Original Post: This morning on "Fox & Friends," Geraldo Rivera made an offensive and racially-charged joke about Barbara Walters' affair with married Senator Edward Brooke, who is black. Barbara told Oprah yesterday (in a show to air next week) that she had an affair in the 1970s with the Republican Senator from Massachusetts.

"Once you go black, you don't go back," Geraldo joked.

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-14-2008, 01:04 PM

My Photos: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roofeditor View Post
When he drew the map in Iraq showing where the troops were, I thought that was it for him!
I thought we destroyed all communications abilities that the Republican Guard could use, so I doubt they were watching Geraldo's report. Nevertheless it was a violation he survived.

He's not boring like most news people.

Have a Nice Day.
kude

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 02:16 AM

My Photos: (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kude View Post
I thought we destroyed all communications abilities that the Republican Guard could use, so I doubt they were watching Geraldo's report. Nevertheless it was a violation he survived.

He's not boring like most news people.
The military never claimed to have destroyed the Iraqi military's ability to watch TV
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roofeditor View Post

"Once you go black, you don't go back," Geraldo joked.

It's True!
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 12:05 PM

He said that not me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkthisout View Post
It's True!
I really know nothing of the theory!

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 07:50 PM

Quote:
His name BTW is Gerald and he was called Gerry when younger. It was changed to GERALDO to sound more Latin.
I've read that he actually used the name "Gerry Rivers" in college to be less Latin and fit in. Either way, I get the impression that he has never been comfortable in his own skin.

'06 Ram 3500 4X4 QC CTD 6sp LB
'01 F350 PSD 4X4 6sp Crew Cab (sold)
'68 F250 C/S 4X2 C6/428PI
Stidham 24' enclosed car hauler
Bunch of big old cars

In theory, practice and theory are the same.
In practice, they are not.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 08:01 PM

My Photos: (7)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
When I worked at World Airways in Oakland calif. I was an aricraft painter. United Airlines donated an old DC-8 To Dr. Orbus (eye surgeon) and World airways donated the Paint/Job. We were told that Geraldo was going to show up and do a story, and be ready...He never showed.....(hmmm was that when he was with the princess?)

1994 F-350 7.3 IDI Turbo, crew cab, E4OD,4:10 L/S, LB, Dually
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ATS Turbo upgrades: 3" DP with 3" exhaust Magnaflow XL muffler:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Copper Canyon 273 FWRET w/2 slides, Air Lift 5000 bags
Pillar pod: Autometer C2 Series gauges: pyro,trans, boost, water, oil pressure

Hypermax Cowl induction, K&N air filter, flex-a-lite 26K trans cooler with fan,Tekonsha prodigy
Train Horns:

PM please not visitor message

Last edited by chuckster57; 09-15-2008 at 08:02 PM. Reason: misspelled doctor
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 07:26 AM

My Photos: (4)
Send a message via Yahoo to Texrob1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMJD View Post
Couldn't agree more, your Tutness! He's a real pant-load. On a positive note, yesterday he was play'in the Drama Queen role on Fox News, standing knee deep in fast running water and a log knocked him totally off his feet. The only thing above water for a while was his melon-head and his messed up doo. They replayed it a couple times, probably made the studio news staffs' day-----ahh, Good Times!
I saw that clip when he was almost Swept off the Galveston Seawall,I am pretty sure I heard one of the Fireman tell him as he was walking off "Maybe it's time for you to get off the Seawall" Or something to that Effect.

2005 F250 XLT wedgewood blue 4x4 C/C SWB,6.0L PSD, Auto.(Member of 05 STC Failure Club
) 2006 Expedition Eddie Bauer,5.4L (Wife's) NRA Life Member. TSRA Life member.

Last edited by Texrob1; 09-17-2008 at 07:28 AM.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 10:31 AM

I guess Fox keeps him on so they can say they allow Democratic viewpoints too? Seriously, Geraldo and Alan Colmes are pretty poor specimens...
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 02:47 PM

My Photos: (4)
Send a message via Yahoo to Texrob1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegistroker73L View Post
Seriously, Geraldo and Alan Colmes are pretty poor specimens...
I couldn't agree More!

2005 F250 XLT wedgewood blue 4x4 C/C SWB,6.0L PSD, Auto.(Member of 05 STC Failure Club
) 2006 Expedition Eddie Bauer,5.4L (Wife's) NRA Life Member. TSRA Life member.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Off-Topic Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in