A hater against Truck Drivers - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Off-Topic Discussions This is the area for general banter/chat. There are rules for this section, please read the sticky post in the section before participating. Enter at your own risk as some posts in here may be NSFW

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A hater against Truck Drivers

Watch this video and read the description of how he compares the driver to an 8th grader.
I can assure you that all drivers are safe and we have an excellent safety score.
Let me know what you think

Don't spend it all.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 11:05 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

It didn't seem wreckless but I think a good truck driver would have not waited until the last second to get in the thru lane, he would have merged behind the vehicle with the dashcam.

But the trucker did have his speed up and his action did not result in the dashcam vehicle needing to apply his brakes or take any evasive action.

I have certainly seen worse from truckers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2002 F-250 4x4 CC SB 7.3 PSD w/4R100. 182,000 miles.
NOS Black CPS. ScanGauge-II, AIC, Bilstein 5100, Stancor GPR, Marinco Mod, B&W Turnover Ball, Michelin Defender LTX

2002 F-250 4x4 SC LB 7.3 PSD w/ZF-6. 177,000 miles.
NOS Black CPS. ScanGauge-II. Bilstein 5100. Stancor GPR. Walker BTM. Noco Mod. Michelin Defender LTX 285/75/16.

SOLD:
2000 F-250 4x4 SC SB 7.3 PSD w/4R100. 164,000 miles.
NOS Black CPS. Rebuilt Fuel bowl w/gold spring, 6.0 Cooler, Walker BTM, Stancor GPR, Michelin LTX M&S2.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 11:34 PM

My Photos: (1)
I played it once when it was first set to watch a truck and didn't really notice anything sketchy. I read Artic driver's observations and thought Ide watch again but now it's a box of four other videos to watch and can't seem to get back to it. I will say actual speed can be hard to judge when moving in another vehicle. Another consideration is what the actual traffic patterns, on and off ramps and yield lanes can make hard accels and quick lane changes and hard braking are ok because there us so much volume of vehicles moving at high speed with vehicles having to make lane changes to get to very short pre off ramp lanes or very short merge lanes off of on ramp that should never been there in the first places as it causes merging issues in the same short area vehicles are coming in hot onto that to that pre ramp area. High speed mass volume in and out way to close.
So in an area that is congested and has this going on the aggressiveness in control in that area is generally accepted to a degree.
Now you in an area that's open, that's another issue.
Wish you best outcome if I didn't miss something crazy or other factors or events were not noticed by me. If you guys have had a good track record upto date, I doubt things will get real bad and rates shooting sky high.
I'm a country guy but live in small Maryland so we have a variety of different driving and what the case in one are is ok there but is a definite no no and not the case, not that far away.

Last edited by Maryland dieselnick; 03-17-2016 at 11:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 11:48 PM

I found it and think I found it. The tractor had been running in the pre off ramp lane when he should only have been there unless exiting there to the right but he was in it and merged in from it to the left into the main stream.
Was he the because it was the scenario I posed where you had on and off ramps jammed against each other so people are coming in hot to get off in a very short lane that happens to be your hard accel merge lane?
I'm not seeing fowl unless the first a second sentences were the case.
Good luck
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 11:53 PM

Yep, reviewed it and he had past under the exit only lane and then merged left but certainly nothing crazy and should be appealed for some lieniency.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-18-2016, 01:04 AM

Nick brings up some good points, for all we know the vehicles behind the dashcan vehicle may have intentionally blocked truck from merging sooner.

I have sure seen a change in automobile driver behavior in recent years and nowadays when you signal your intent to merge the vehicles in the thru-lane see the turn signal and actually speed up to prevent the merge.

Plus fewer non-CDL drivers today even understand the physics which limit a Big Rig...or they simply don't care.

The end result is a truck needs to drive more aggressive just to receive courtesy. I reckon if I drove urban routes or in congested traffic I might get a few calls on the "How Is My Driving" number ;-)
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-18-2016, 01:09 AM

I have had a dashcam the past two years. I love it because it wins the argument during a traffic investigation that would otherwise simply be one drivers word against the other. Not that I have been in any wrecks but its cheap insurance.

I actually want to buy one to face rearward as well.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-18-2016, 01:39 AM

I use my dash cam to record land marks where I would run over a deer and later come back someday to set up a stand in that area.lol
chuckster57 and yan7gin like this.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-18-2016, 04:56 AM

I try and not run them over first.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	91266  

NOS Black CPS. ScanGauge-II, AIC, Bilstein 5100, Stancor GPR, Marinco Mod, B&W Turnover Ball, Michelin Defender LTX

NOS Black CPS. ScanGauge-II. Bilstein 5100. Stancor GPR. Walker BTM. Noco Mod. Michelin Defender LTX 285/75/16.

SOLD:
NOS Black CPS. Rebuilt Fuel bowl w/gold spring, 6.0 Cooler, Walker BTM, Stancor GPR, Michelin LTX M&S2.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-18-2016, 07:24 AM

Im with ArcticDriver, i do not have a CDL but i drive the highway alot and common courtesy gets less and less each year. I see it on a regular basis where slower traffic will intentionally change speed to block you from merging 'to save their spot' knowing that your going faster than them and will be out of sight in no time if they just let you over. And dont even get me started on the Sunday drivers in the left lane.
The main thing I always try to remember on the highway around semis is they are at work and they have a tough enough time to keep schedule without breaking log/rest time laws thus A-holes on the road really aggravate the situation. Thus if traffic is congested I do not mind making the folks behind me slow down to allow a semi to get over, especially to give them room to get a safe distance away from side of the road hazards(broken down cars/traffic stops/construction). That is just my take on it, I don't like anyone making my job any harder so I try to extend the same courtesy.

1997 F250 Heavy Duty 7.3 Powerstroke 4x4 Crew Cab, SRW, Automatic E40D
BTS Valve Body
Tru-Cool Trans Cooler
4" Turbo Back Diamond Eye Stainless Exhaust
Tymar Air Intake
TS Six Position Chip (stock,High Idle, +50, +75, +100, +120)
Tymar HPX line in hand but no installed yet
285/75r16 BFG All-Terrain KO2
ARE LSII Custom Color Tonneau bed cover
Color match Rhino spray in bed liner
------------------------------------------
Better To Be Tried By 12 Than Carried By 6
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-18-2016, 07:40 AM Thread Starter

Garage
However, do you think what he wrote was really necessary?
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-18-2016, 07:51 AM

I think its someone with a new dash cam wanting to play internet justice police, just couldn't wait to catch something to worth posting so he is justifying it with an over the top explanation.

Dash cams are great but we have all seen how little excerpts of video can make a manageable situation look a lot worse out of context. Everyone is gunning for the next video that causes an internet firestorm. This is a result of the hyper reactive culture we live in today.

1997 F250 Heavy Duty 7.3 Powerstroke 4x4 Crew Cab, SRW, Automatic E40D
BTS Valve Body
Tru-Cool Trans Cooler
4" Turbo Back Diamond Eye Stainless Exhaust
Tymar Air Intake
TS Six Position Chip (stock,High Idle, +50, +75, +100, +120)
Tymar HPX line in hand but no installed yet
285/75r16 BFG All-Terrain KO2
ARE LSII Custom Color Tonneau bed cover
Color match Rhino spray in bed liner
------------------------------------------
Better To Be Tried By 12 Than Carried By 6
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-18-2016, 08:49 AM

My Photos: (7)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
OTR trucks aren't the only targets of rudeness. Hook a trailer on and watch out. That's one reason I have train horns.

My commute involves running with lots of truck traffic, and at least out here the trucks are The least of my worries.

1994 F-350 7.3 IDI Turbo, crew cab, E4OD,4:10 L/S, LB, Dually

ATS Turbo upgrades: 3" DP with 3" exhaust Magnaflow XL muffler:

2012 Copper Canyon 273 FWRET w/2 slides, Air Lift 5000 bags
Pillar pod: Autometer C2 Series gauges: pyro,trans, boost, water, oil pressure

Hypermax Cowl induction, K&N air filter, flex-a-lite 26K trans cooler with fan,Tekonsha prodigy
Train Horns:

PM please not visitor message
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-18-2016, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless007 View Post
I think its someone with a new dash cam wanting to play internet justice police, just couldn't wait to catch something to worth posting so he is justifying it with an over the top explanation.

Dash cams are great but we have all seen how little excerpts of video can make a manageable situation look a lot worse out of context. Everyone is gunning for the next video that causes an internet firestorm. This is a result of the hyper reactive culture we live in today.
Thats IT right there.

SOLD:
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-18-2016, 01:38 PM

One thing I notice is the dashcam vehicle is moving considerably slower than all other traffic.

The semi is moving at the same speed as ALL other traffic.

SOLD:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Off-Topic Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in