This is of interest to "ALL"" diesel owners.. - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Off-Topic Discussions This is the area for general banter/chat. There are rules for this section, please read the sticky post in the section before participating. Enter at your own risk as some posts in here may be NSFW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This is of interest to "ALL"" diesel owners..

Recent article I read about Diesel fuel may explain why the price of Diesel has recently gone up, and has remained elevated....compared to gasoline, and other fuels..
Article is entitled 'Peak Diesel"
You can read it here;
https://srsroccoreport.com/has-peak-...snt-look-good/

And here;
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-o...tFhnfUQheUW3Ds

XS_SUV

Last edited by Graupp; 12-13-2018 at 04:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 04:46 PM

Thanks for the bad news. It won't be much longer before we will all have to switch to electric vehicles, because we won't be able to afford to run these diesels any longer.

2001 F350 XLT 4X4 crew cab, dual rear wheels, long bed, black, 7.3l turbo diesel, automatic transmission, 4.10, shift on the fly, running boards, sliding rear window, 38 gal fuel tank, Odyssey extreme 65-PC1750T batteries, Michelin LTX-MS2 rear tires, Sumitomo Encounter front tires, Shell Rotella Ultra elc, 11,500 gvwr, 20,000 gcwr, 7500 gvw, completely stock, 114,000 miles when purchased, now has 250,000 miles, repairs so far: two starters, batteries, cps, brakes, tires, alternator, ball joints, locking hub, wheel hub, AC compressor, serpentine belt, power steering pump, driver's side window, ignition switch, o-ring, Spectra premium radiator, water pump, fan clutch, fan blades, thermostat, thermostat housing, tensioner. Stolen twice so far, but recovered both times with major damage.

2005 Nomad Rampage toyhauler made by Skyline. 11,500lb gvwr.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-14-2018, 06:29 PM

Yup, Fracking will ruin North America. California is the first casualty. Were starting to see the destruction of the environment up here now too. Wont be long and all our water will be destroyed and contaminated. And now this wonderfull news that it is the reason for declines in heavy oil refining. Why the frack do we let them frack? All this now shows it not only destroys the planet, but costs us more as well. All you idiots that supported them and believed them when they claimed that it does no damage. Can now blush at how gullible you were, not to mention stupid. You were all told it was a bad idea, now your crying at the results. Too funny. Want to fix things. Make them stop fracking. Its not needed anyway. There is no real demand for it , only the false demands made by the fracking frackers. Suckers. I welcome electric, and will change over when I can afford too. Oils not needed anyway. For anything. Anything made with oil, is also made with other safer for the environment materials, so oil is not needed.

2002 F350 Super Duty, Crew Cab,Long box,4x4, 7.3 PSD, Complete rebuild .010 over by myself except balancing, 2000hp billet connecting rods, ARP main and head studs, ceramic coated pistons, Smith Bros Chrome Molly push rods, Comp Cams springs, shims and seals. Competion complete valve set and head grinding and vacuum tested, Adrenaline HPOP, DP Tuner Infinity DX programmer and full load of tunes modified for my new Stage 3 250 shot injectors, ceramic coated exhaust manifolds and up pipes and collector, BD Diesel triple clutch furnace brazed billet torque converter and BD pro engine brake and compressor set up, MBRP 4" stainless turbo back, Driven Diesel regulated fuel return system, AFE pro stage 2 cool air intake, riffraff billet Whicked Wheel 2 compressor wheel in a GTP38R turbo, riffraff blue cooler boot kit and coil clamps, International Double Ceramic Coated Bellowed Up Pipes
1999 Mustang GT Convertible Anniversary, rare stock electric green
2009 40' Raptor Velocity Toy Hauler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-15-2018, 01:10 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Absolut,

I am not a big supporter of fracking but I think its a worthwhile technology in “moderation”.

The trouble is, “Drill, Baby, Drill”, a tune made popular by Sarah Palin, is short-sighted. The thing to remember about fracking is that it not only produces LTO as the above article discusses but also NG and that is a great fuel source and not as damaging to the atmosphere. Plus the US abundance of fracking has changed the geo-politics of the world and benefitted the US while simultaneously damaging Russia, Venezuela, Iran & Iraq through lower crude oil prices. I like that.

The question I have about electric is the battery. Isn’t it very pollutive to mine for those ore deposits and what is the lifetime of those heavy batteries? And then they need to be charged nightly using electricity generated by...hydrocarbons.

There just are not any easy answers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2002 F-250 4x4 CC SB 7.3 PSD w/4R100. 182,000 miles.
NOS Black CPS. ScanGauge-II, AIC, Bilstein 5100, Stancor GPR, Marinco Mod, B&W Turnover Ball, Michelin Defender LTX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2002 F-250 4x4 SC LB 7.3 PSD w/ZF-6. 177,000 miles.
NOS Black CPS. ScanGauge-II. Bilstein 5100. Stancor GPR. Walker BTM. Noco Mod. Michelin Defender LTX 285/75/16.

SOLD:
2000 F-250 4x4 SC SB 7.3 PSD w/4R100. 164,000 miles.
NOS Black CPS. Rebuilt Fuel bowl w/gold spring, 6.0 Cooler, Walker BTM, Stancor GPR, Michelin LTX M&S2.

Last edited by ArcticDriver; 12-15-2018 at 01:15 AM.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-15-2018, 12:44 PM

Tesla just announced that they are planning to release an electric pickup truck. It may be only a few more years before both diesel and gas pickup trucks become obsolete because they will be too expensive to operate.

2001 F350 XLT 4X4 crew cab, dual rear wheels, long bed, black, 7.3l turbo diesel, automatic transmission, 4.10, shift on the fly, running boards, sliding rear window, 38 gal fuel tank, Odyssey extreme 65-PC1750T batteries, Michelin LTX-MS2 rear tires, Sumitomo Encounter front tires, Shell Rotella Ultra elc, 11,500 gvwr, 20,000 gcwr, 7500 gvw, completely stock, 114,000 miles when purchased, now has 250,000 miles, repairs so far: two starters, batteries, cps, brakes, tires, alternator, ball joints, locking hub, wheel hub, AC compressor, serpentine belt, power steering pump, driver's side window, ignition switch, o-ring, Spectra premium radiator, water pump, fan clutch, fan blades, thermostat, thermostat housing, tensioner. Stolen twice so far, but recovered both times with major damage.

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-15-2018, 01:33 PM

My Photos: (12)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
They will still have fossil fuel vehicles running on the roads until they can come up with a battery source that can run for 8-10 hours at speed with a load.

Right now they might be able to run that long but not with a load except for all the batteries that are in the bed of the truck.

Where I live and for what I do a battery operated truck is next to useless.

96 F250 PS XLT 4X4 long box, 5sp,4.10, manual hubs,pyro+boost guages, Dark Toumaline, add a leaf, Dale's TYMAR, and HX hose, downpipe, coolant filter, Luk clutch
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 12:18 PM

Fedex has been using electric delivery trucks for several years already. They run 8 hours carrying loads before recharging.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute View Post
Yup, Fracking will ruin North America. California is the first casualty. Were starting to see the destruction of the environment up here now too. Wont be long and all our water will be destroyed and contaminated. And now this wonderfull news that it is the reason for declines in heavy oil refining. Why the frack do we let them frack? All this now shows it not only destroys the planet, but costs us more as well. All you idiots that supported them and believed them when they claimed that it does no damage. Can now blush at how gullible you were, not to mention stupid. You were all told it was a bad idea, now your crying at the results. Too funny. Want to fix things. Make them stop fracking. Its not needed anyway. There is no real demand for it , only the false demands made by the fracking frackers. Suckers. I welcome electric, and will change over when I can afford too. Oils not needed anyway. For anything. Anything made with oil, is also made with other safer for the environment materials, so oil is not needed.
Fracking has been around since the late 60's, it has been used to loosen up formations where crude oil resides to allow more flow. It doesn't care if it is heavy or light, it is just that they are going after light because that is more what is in demand, and more cost effective to get. The "damage" done isn't necessarily because of fracking, but because of other practices. The fracking they are doing now is set on a difrent plane than straight down. Might be doing some damage, hasn't really been aroud long enough to tell. The reason it slowed down is simply because the price of crude oil dropped. If you disbelieve that, look at when it started to slow down. The middle east cartel dropped their prices to put it to a stop. There was no slowdown until then.

1993 F-350 crew cab non-turbo 5 speed transmission
35 years a mechanic on large stationary engines natural gas and diesel fired, and other industrial equipment.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 01:24 PM

My Photos: (12)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWarkentin View Post
Fedex has been using electric delivery trucks for several years already. They run 8 hours carrying loads before recharging.
Not in my neck of the woods. Not to mention that FedEx has a lot of volume in packages in their trucks but not really that much weight.

No one has even converted over to natural gas except for a few of the gas company vehicles that run locally.

96 F250 PS XLT 4X4 long box, 5sp,4.10, manual hubs,pyro+boost guages, Dark Toumaline, add a leaf, Dale's TYMAR, and HX hose, downpipe, coolant filter, Luk clutch
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 02:18 AM

Here we have lots of natural gas vehicles, and I see the electric Fedex trucks on my block and all over town quite frequently.

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 08:43 AM

We dont frack in California. We don't drill in California. Our electric grid fails every summer. This state is full of the kool aid drinking crowd thing they will no longer need crude oil for anything. They are sadly mistaken. Electric cars and trucks are ok for around town but out on the open road they suck. Wonder how they think that solar panels are the answer. They reflect heat back into the air which will cause global warming. And there isn't enough land to put solar on to power the world. Windmills kill birds and people ***** about that.
The environmentalist are not telling us the truth about global warming. How can they tell us the earth is getting warmer? Where did they take the temperature from. The ocean is getting higher is because China built islands in the south china sea and Dubai built islands of it's coast. So if you dont want the ocean to rise stop building islands in it.
There are still some sane folks in Ca but not for long. This place sucks Bigly.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 01:22 AM

We do frack in California. We do drill in California. We are the third highest state in oil production, behind only Texas and North Dakota. We also use solar panels and windmills. But we only have one nuclear power plant still operating. We shut down all the rest of them.

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 11:11 AM

All those are existing. Gov. Brown stopped all new drilling off the coast and on the land. Not sure how we are #3 but who cares. Fuel here is $1 over the national average and almost $2 over the cheapest states. Brown added 20 cent tax on diesel here and it's no big deal here. I just dont know when the madness will stop here. They wanted to tax text's here. I don't know what will stop the madness here. Not to mention that no one is allowed to clear dead trees from the forest because they died from bugs not dry weather. Then all these fires are from global warming.
I need to get stoned so I will stop giving a crap about this state. Pass the chips please.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 05:33 PM

Obviously, you haven't been to Kern County to see all of the new drilling and fracking going on there. Gov. Brown signed legislation to prohibit the construction of any new drilling platforms or pipelines off the coast, but there haven't been any new ones constructed since 1969; so that didn't change anything. They can still drill new wells off the 32 existing offshore platforms, and use the existing pipelines.

Brown added 20 cent tax on diesel, and all of the stations raised the price of diesel at least 50 cents overnight; so the stations saw it as their opportunity for a big price increase and to blame it on someone else. All of the manufactured goods for the entire country come from China into Southern California ports, and they are transported by train or truck to the rest of the country; so it puts a big strain on our roads. We needed the money to repair the roads. They were in bad shape.

I agree with you on the need to keep our forests clear of dead trees. It is a big factor in the severity of forest fires. It's not all caused by global warming.

At least we allow you to get stoned legally here.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Off-Topic Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in