Opec cut's production - Page 3 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Off-Topic Discussions This is the area for general banter/chat. There are rules for this section, please read the sticky post in the section before participating. Enter at your own risk as some posts in here may be NSFW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-14-2008, 10:10 AM

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You are an old fart!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Gandy View Post
Yup, he sure does.

But only 49% as much as McCain.
Like me!! Us old farts have long term capital investments. As is now you are only taxed 15% on the gains of your long term investments. Under Obama he will double that (under the guise he is only taxing the rich) to 30%.

If you do or will rely on long term investments including 401K's, or even your house, your taxes will double because YOU ARE RICH and NEED TO BE PUNISHED!

That is a fact!

If you are over the $102,000 a year income your $7,500 a year SSI tax cap will go on for ever. I realize you are an employee not employer/employee, but if you were owner and employee like many small business owners in the USA, you are paying 15% SSI but when you retire you don't get double!

Obama is waging class warfare, with your RR pension and CSX salary you are rich, he's after you!

Too much junk/toys to mention, ever changing due to too getting bored too quickly. I need a 10 step program!
Want to call? I'm in the book. Want to argue....First explain the square root of negative one....lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-14-2008, 08:14 PM

My Photos: (47)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roofeditor View Post
Obama is waging class warfare, with your RR pension and CSX salary you are rich, he's after you!
Yes, according to BO's stated income level.............I'm rich. I wouldn't mind paying more of my fair share either if it was going toward something good and not taking out some second rate dictator in Iraq at an eventual cost of over a TRILLION dollars!!

To set the record straight, I don't have a "railroad pension"................yet.

I have a Civil Service pension.

I'm working on a railroad pension and that is the reason I don't pay SSI so that part won't affect me.
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Yes, according to BO's stated income level.............I'm rich. I wouldn't mind paying more of my fair share either if it was going toward something good and not taking out some second rate dictator in Iraq at an eventual cost of over a TRILLION dollars!!
I agree. The ROI just isn't there for the American Public.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 11:59 AM

I forgot

Quote:

To set the record straight, I don't have a "railroad pension"................yet.

I have a Civil Service pension.

I'm working on a railroad pension and that is the reason I don't pay SSI so that part won't affect me.
AKRR is or was on a different plan than the D & H and NY Central.

BTW: Do you have any GE hybrid Engines?

GE Ecomagination

As to energy and Iraq: If we did not need this 700 billion a year of imported energy we would not be in Iraq, Iran, Saudi, and many other pain in the a$$ places. even russia has become a pain in the a$$ again because...they have a bunch of oil and gas money to get in trouble with!

Energy = Economy = Security

This is not or should not be a R/D issue.

Too much junk/toys to mention, ever changing due to too getting bored too quickly. I need a 10 step program!
Want to call? I'm in the book. Want to argue....First explain the square root of negative one....lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Off-Topic Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in