Pay-pal scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Off-Topic Discussions This is the area for general banter/chat. There are rules for this section, please read the sticky post in the section before participating. Enter at your own risk as some posts in here may be NSFW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-18-2008, 07:24 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (180)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGTUT View Post
Who cares about that type junk, just use an American Express card and forget about internet fraud........total and complete protection.
Not on your life!

My company HAD American Express Cards, and somehow someone got hold of one of the account numbers (previously closed) and made some bogus charges from somewhere none of us had ever been. It took them FOREVER to finally reverse the charges. And on top of that, they gave our address to the vendor on one of the bogus charges and THEY sent us a bill (which we sent back).

We NO LONGER have American Express, and anything that comes from them goes directly into the shredder.

On the original topic. NEVER CLICK A LINK ON AN E-MAIL LIKE THAT. If you have a suspicion that there's a problem with your account, contact Paypal directly via their website (type in the address).

First truck -- 1929 Model A Ford pickup, restored from ground up. Wish I still had it!
'99.5 F250 PSD Supercab LB 4x4, ZF-6 w/SB Con OFE, 3.73LS, Boost & pyro gauges, Swamps S175/146 injectors, DP 80 HP Econo PCM (classic version
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
), AIS,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
regulated return,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-18-2008, 10:11 PM

My Photos: (4)
Send a message via Yahoo to Texrob1
Quote:
Originally Posted by roofeditor View Post
I have seen that Lifelock program before,I am not a member but it looks promising.I think what would help more than anything, is some stiffer Jail time for a conviction,recently here in Houston someone that worked at Cigna was convicted of selling THOUSANDS of patients info to scammers,as I recall she was sentenced to 2 Years in Prison! 2 Years for potentially making thousands of peoples Credit go down the tubes,that's just pathetic. I found this info on all 50 States criminal Statutes for Identity theft in case you are Interested (or Very Bored ) Identity Theft State Statutes

2005 F250 XLT wedgewood blue 4x4 C/C SWB,6.0L PSD, Auto.(Member of 05 STC Failure Club
) 2006 Expedition Eddie Bauer,5.4L (Wife's) NRA Life Member. TSRA Life member.

Last edited by Texrob1; 05-18-2008 at 10:14 PM.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 06:49 PM

My Photos: (1)
Phishing scams are all the rage these days don't you know!

Seriously for chuckster and anyone else who may be "tempted" to mess with the scammers:

Do yourself a favor and just say NO.

OK so you click on the linky link and enter bogus information... funny ha ha, right? Not so fast there buckaroo! Unless you use a Linux Operating System (maybe even a MAC - hush my mouth), you're taking a big chance by pulling the puppet strings. Some Phishing scams, when you click on the link, downloads and installs a backdoor, keylogger or trojan into your computer and you're none the wiser to it. Once that's done, it's a matter of time before you get the shaft.

Blah blah - What? You say you're running all the latest AV. firewall and security features on your OS? Don't trust software, only trust yourself to protect your vital information. Software - just as computers are foul-able... and only as good as the I-D-10-T behind the keyboard.

Have had to DBAN or recover to many computers that had been compromised by an end user that would boast by saying "but I installed the latest XYZ AV/Firwewall" while holding up a shiny CD. An hour or three (or a day) later, was when my reply would come - something like, "Yes maam - that'll be $xxx.xx please."

Bottom line, don't click on links or open attachments, from which you don't know/trust the source.

-Steve

'95 F-250 SC/LWB, 7.3L, E4OD, 4:11LS, 2WD

IDM Mod, HPX, DIY Intake

Rebuilt Fuel Canister 7/29/12 - 152k (Heater Removed, 4-40 screw, new IPR pigtail, WIF temp. disconnected)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 07:48 PM

My Photos: (7)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sound advice..I agree, I am not as "savy" as the pishers on the web. And I will advise from now on to do as you say and "JUST SAY NO". I have gotten lucky in the past and I know that you are tempting the fates. My Brother in law that just passed away last week and I would use a computer that had nothing more than an OS when we would see these things. He was a computer science teacher for 17 yrs. and we would have "FUN" in his garage. those days are over now.. as I don't have a "surfer" 'puter. I agree with you.. DON'T DO IT!!!!!!

1994 F-350 7.3 IDI Turbo, crew cab, E4OD,4:10 L/S, LB, Dually

ATS Turbo upgrades: 3" DP with 3" exhaust Magnaflow XL muffler:

2012 Copper Canyon 273 FWRET w/2 slides, Air Lift 5000 bags
Pillar pod: Autometer C2 Series gauges: pyro,trans, boost, water, oil pressure

Hypermax Cowl induction, K&N air filter, flex-a-lite 26K trans cooler with fan,Tekonsha prodigy
Train Horns:

PM please not visitor message
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 11:27 PM

My Photos: (0)
FYI - when PayPal or eBay contact you, they will always use your user name. NEVER will they send a general "Dear member" type of email.

Pretty much the same for most other types of accounts.

99 F-350 CC LARIAT PSD 172 DRW 4x4 Auto 3.73
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Off-Topic Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in