roundworms? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Off-Topic Discussions This is the area for general banter/chat. There are rules for this section, please read the sticky post in the section before participating. Enter at your own risk as some posts in here may be NSFW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 03:33 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (9)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
roundworms?

Last night our 8 week old great Dane puppy threw up roundworms. We picked her up from the breeder last weekend and she seemed perfectly healthy and still seems ok, he said he wormed her and he gave us a tablet to give her in about a week, the worms she threw up where live, does anyone know if my 5 year old son is at risk he has been playing with the dog and i read that roundworms are contagious??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 10:55 AM

My Photos: (0)
Definately and so is everyone else. My nephew and his GF both caught them from their cats and had circles on their arms from them.
Not sure what they did to get ride of them.

2OOO F-250 4WD Crew Cab, 267,000K miles,
Stock. Replaced #1 Injector/harness, Starter Relay,CPS(twice), GPR, VSS, S-Belt, Alternator, H2O Pump. AIS Severe Duty Filter, Bilsteins, Heater shutoff valve, Rotella Syn, Nitto TG's 305/55 on Eagle 20x10's, Mobil 1 ATF,Walker BTM, Mesa, Arizona
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 11:17 AM

My Photos: (19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRDATR View Post
Definately and so is everyone else. My nephew and his GF both caught them from their cats and had circles on their arms from them.
Not sure what they did to get ride of them.
You're thinking of Ringworm. Ringworm is actually a fungus and is contagious. Roundworms are an intestinal parasite. I'd still disinfect any surface they are in contact with if for no other reason to keep from re-infecting the puppy. Check with your Vet about worming the pup. If he's throwing up worms he's got a big load of them.

'19 F-450 King Ranch
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by JESSE 1; 05-30-2008 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (9)
She only threw up once and we gave her the wormer about 1 hr after she threw up. And 3 hrs before she threw up we had spagetti with garlic and oil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Off-Topic Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in