Truck was stolen.. - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Off-Topic Discussions This is the area for general banter/chat. There are rules for this section, please read the sticky post in the section before participating. Enter at your own risk as some posts in here may be NSFW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Truck was stolen..

Monday left work and wondered where my truck went... It was gone..

Of couse I have full coverage, but was wondering if anyone has any suggestions or comments for dealing with the insurance adjuster..

Pretty traumatic experience in the fact that I had a bunch of personal stuff in the truck because we evacuated for Gustav, and I hadn't taken it out of the truck cause it had no real value, but was family heirloom kind of stuff.

After talking to NOPD, I have about 0% belief that the truck will be found.

Thanks for any input.

1973 Ford Gran Torino Sport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 02:02 PM

That sucks. Sorry to hear about the theft. I hope you are able to recover the truck, and have it in one piece.

Because of stories like this, I bought a Ravelco anti-theft device for my truck a couple of weeks ago. I also added a set of jimmi-jammers. I know these can only slow down a determined theif, but it helps me feel better at night.

Current truck: 2002 PSD 4x4, CC, XLT, F350 dually, 4.10 gears. Air bags, 6.0 trans cooler, Fleetrite ELC, ISSPRO gauges (boost, EGT, trans, fuel pressure), PHP Hydra, full EBPV delete (pedestal & outlet), CNC Fab HP & HPX lines, Riff Raff FRX, Riff Raff IC boots, CCV mod w/catchcan, Reese Titan, AIS, ITP pre-pump filter kit, in-tank mods, Redhead steering box, Riff Raff billet compressor wheel, Ultra-Power bellows up-pipes, 6.7L starter.

Old truck: 2000 PSD 4x4, ext cab, XLT, F-350, auto, V-code springs, air bags, coolant filter, 203 thermostat, CCV mod, Fleetrite ELC, DB Alternator, DB high-torque starter, Tru-cool Max-cool trans cooler, B&M trans temp gauge, 47 gallon Titan tank, ITP pre-pump filter kit.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 02:07 PM

man too bad you dont have an anti-theft device on it like i do my truck, a ts chip has an option for anti theft and the truck won't start if its on that setting. My switch is hidden so i just flip it to that position and i have to worries. about the theft and getting it back, don't loose hope, my dad got his truck stolen and we live walking distance from the mexican border. someone who went over to get fuel one day said they saw it parked under a shed on some farm. my dad still had the keys to it so i took him over and we stole it back. so yeah, things like that happen. another story is a friend of mine found his stolen truck parked at an apartment complex two blocks down the road from where he lived and stole it back as well. Hopefully your thief was an idiot.

1995 F-250 7.3, diamond eye 3.5 in down pipe and 4 in. straight pipe, ZF 5 speed, 3.55, TS 6 Position stacked with Edge EZ box, Tymar Intake.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Sold to my cousin*

2006 F-250 6.0, Straight pipe, AFe stage 2, SCT Livewire with custom tunes from MPT, Sinister EGR Delete, 4 in. lift, Black ON Black.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 02:43 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

Truely sory to hear about your loss. Hope everything works out for you. Remember that goods in the car are covered by your homeowners insurance. Just a FYI.

06 F350 XLT Crew Cab LWB FX4, power Captain Chairs / Snow Plow Packsage camper package / tow command / Amsoil oil bypass filter/ Billet Badges / A Pillar Quad gauges / overhead quad gauges / ExtremeAir compressor / Trian Air Horns / FX4 package / High Idle/Aux switch mod / Go Rino Push Bar / Go Rhino Rear hitch step / Hella Black Magic Driving Lights / Rhino Lining bed liner./ MRBP Cool Duals / KC 6x9 Long Range lights mounted to Third Brake Light / Pro Comp 305 x70 R18 Xtreme Mud Terrians</p>
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzydiver View Post
Truely sory to hear about your loss. Hope everything works out for you. Remember that goods in the car are covered by your homeowners insurance. Just a FYI.
Yes i remember hearing that the inside of your vehicle is now considered part of your home.

1995 F-250 7.3, diamond eye 3.5 in down pipe and 4 in. straight pipe, ZF 5 speed, 3.55, TS 6 Position stacked with Edge EZ box, Tymar Intake.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Sold to my cousin*

2006 F-250 6.0, Straight pipe, AFe stage 2, SCT Livewire with custom tunes from MPT, Sinister EGR Delete, 4 in. lift, Black ON Black.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

Thanks everybody. Has not been found yet. I heard of 2 other Superduty's that were "picked up" Monday. One of our subcontractors had his dually stolen with $30000 worth of locked up tools in the back. Its like the thieves moved in with Gustav.

1973 Ford Gran Torino Sport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Off-Topic Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in