"Two in one" jack stands - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Off-Topic Discussions This is the area for general banter/chat. There are rules for this section, please read the sticky post in the section before participating. Enter at your own risk as some posts in here may be NSFW

7Likes
  • 1 Post By chuckster57
  • 1 Post By bugman
  • 1 Post By ArcticDriver
  • 1 Post By bugman
  • 1 Post By bugman
  • 2 Post By bugman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2018, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (27)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
"Two in one" jack stands

Anybody saw these before (Chuckster57)? Just came across them on an Amazon add. Seems like they'd save you a few steps flailing around under a pickup, especially when you get old, stiff, and sore.

Heavy truck and diesel mechanic (thankfully retired after 30+ yrs)
'91 F-250 SC 4X4, 5spd. ATS Turbo, 3:55 diff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2018, 10:46 AM

My Photos: (7)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Link no work on autoguide app, like lots of other problems. I’ll have to check them out when I get home and can look at them on a computer.
LMJD likes this.

1994 F-350 7.3 IDI Turbo, crew cab, E4OD,4:10 L/S, LB, Dually
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ATS Turbo upgrades: 3" DP with 3" exhaust Magnaflow XL muffler:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Copper Canyon 273 FWRET w/2 slides, Air Lift 5000 bags
Pillar pod: Autometer C2 Series gauges: pyro,trans, boost, water, oil pressure

Hypermax Cowl induction, K&N air filter, flex-a-lite 26K trans cooler with fan,Tekonsha prodigy
Train Horns:

PM please not visitor message
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2018, 10:50 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (12)
Quite a novel idea but I would not like to pay for 4 of them when my floor jack and regular jack stands work just as well.

One place where it would be nice is is a location where there is really no place to jack up your vehicle and place a jack stand. I have ran into that situation a few times or where there is no room for the base of the jack and base of the jack stand.

I might pick up one of them just for those type of situations.
LMJD likes this.

96 F250 PS XLT 4X4 long box, 5sp,4.10, manual hubs,pyro+boost guages, Dark Toumaline, add a leaf, Dale's TYMAR, and HX hose, downpipe, coolant filter, Luk clutch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2018, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

Chuck, I think if you go to Amazon then enter "bottle jack with jack stand" it may pop up.

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2018, 11:07 AM

Interesting if I’m looking at the right thing. One problem I see for myself is often times the jacking point isn’t near/the same as the jackstand contact point.

Hypermax Cowl induction, K&N air filter, flex-a-lite 26K trans cooler with fan,Tekonsha prodigy
Train Horns:

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2018, 11:11 AM

My Photos: (0)
I really like these for just the reasons stated above:

Working in areas where pulling and pushing a large floor jack is not convenient AND when suffering a bad back.

Thanks for posting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-05-26 at 9.09.08 AM.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	124114  

LMJD likes this.

2002 F-250 4x4 CC SB 7.3 PSD w/4R100. 182,000 miles.
NOS Black CPS. ScanGauge-II, AIC, Bilstein 5100, Stancor GPR, Marinco Mod, B&W Turnover Ball, Michelin Defender LTX

2002 F-250 4x4 SC LB 7.3 PSD w/ZF-6. 177,000 miles.
NOS Black CPS. ScanGauge-II. Bilstein 5100. Noco Mod. Michelin Defender LTX 285/75/16.

SOLD:
2000 F-250 4x4 SC SB 7.3 PSD w/4R100. 164,000 miles.
NOS Black CPS. Rebuilt Fuel bowl w/gold spring, 6.0 Cooler, Walker BTM, Stancor GPR, Michelin LTX M&S2.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2018, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticDriver View Post
I really like these for just the reasons stated above:

Working in areas where pulling and pushing a large floor jack is not convenient AND when suffering a bad back.

Thanks for posting.
You're welcome, and I might spring for 2 for the reasons you guys posted, but I'd like to see one in person first.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2018, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMJD View Post
You're welcome, and I might spring for 2 for the reasons you guys posted, but I'd like to see one in person first.

And here I thought that you would be the beta tester for us.

I am actually thinking about one to use on my Explorer for when I rotate the tires. It would be perfect to be able to jack up one tire and then place a jack stand at the same time in the same place.
LMJD likes this.

96 F250 PS XLT 4X4 long box, 5sp,4.10, manual hubs,pyro+boost guages, Dark Toumaline, add a leaf, Dale's TYMAR, and HX hose, downpipe, coolant filter, Luk clutch
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2018, 02:46 PM

I went back and read a lot of the reviews.

It appears that the jack has a problem with it's seals both leaking, and blowing out. At least one person used it to change a flat tire and was in a fix when the seal blew out and was unable to raise it back up to release the jack stand part. He said that he was lucky that he still had the vehicles jack with him.

I usually take reviews with a grain of salt but think that I'll let someone else test it out.
LMJD likes this.

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 08:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I usually take reviews with a grain of salt but think that I'll let someone else test it out.
I've found usually it's not too hard to tell the idiot reviewers from the knowledgeable guys. Too bad if they *are* crappy bottle jacks. We had them at work all the way up to ten and fifteen ton jacks and I don't think we ever had to reseal any of them including my ancient 3 or 5 ton one.

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 10:46 AM

I still have a couple of bottle jacks that are quite possibly older that most of the members on the forum here and they just keep working whenever I need them.
LMJD and chuckster57 like this.

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugman View Post
I still have a couple of bottle jacks that are quite possibly older that most of the members on the forum here and they just keep working whenever I need them.
Yup. I finally had to replace my floor jack after 15+ yrs. I too have a bottle jack or two that are still going.

Train Horns:

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 08:52 PM

I have a HF 2 1/4 ton floor jack that is over 25 years old and besides loosing one of the wheels and a few bearings 11 years ago it is still going strong. It might not see the service that one of chuckster's would but I have used and abused it over the years and it still picks up what I need it to.

I just wish that I could get another one just like it and I would be happy for the rest of my wrenching life.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 08:55 AM

My floor jack was HF. Broke the spring that kept the handle up about 10 yrs ago. Only reason for replacement was it leaked down too fast to put a jackstand in place.

Train Horns:

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Well, I never bought any of the pump jackstands, but I did buy an air powered bottle jack a couple weeks ago. It's heavy but that's expected, no way to make something like that light. Used it on both front sides of my pickup to set jack stands for steering gear adjustment a while back. Worked well and I think I'll be glad I bought it.

It's a Torin Big Red 20 ton capacity. The 20 ton wasn't that much more than the 12.

Last edited by LMJD; 09-24-2018 at 03:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Off-Topic Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in