Tire recommendations for my Excursion - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Discount Tire

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 06:49 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tire recommendations for my Excursion

I would like some tire recommendations for my new to me 2000 2WD PSD Excursion. I live in CO so I would like something that will get in around in the ice and snow but this is not my primary vehicle so that is only of a minor concern - I just don't want the wife to have problems on her grocery runs! The vehicle is driven primarly on the highway often pulling our 5k lb travel trailer or a three horse trailer. I prefer a quiet tire. This is not our daily driver, mostly a grocery getter and vacationmobile. How about load ratings, D or E?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 07:44 AM

I would go with the Michelin LTX M/S in load range E. Very good road tire and great in the snow.

2005 Excursion Limited, 6.0L PSD, 4wd. Mods by Rudy's Diesel Performance: Garrett GT3788VA Powermax Turbo, new oil cooler, EGR cooler delete, Head Studs, S&B Intake, SCT tuner w/ custom tunes, Edge Insight CS.
1996 F-250, 7.3L PSD, crewcab, 4wd, 295/75R16 Terra Grapplers - SOLD -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 10:35 AM

I'm pretty happy with the Pathmakers from Firestone on mine...

1984 F-250 6.9l IDI
2001 Excursion 7.3l PSD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 10:38 AM

Thank you for the post 5280.

I would recommend you take a close look at the Nitto Dura Grappler (AKA Highway Terrain). This tire has aggressive siping for wet conditions including snow and ice. This model rides extremely well on the road and can even handle light off road conditions. The main purpose for this tire is for the guy/gal looking for a tire that is comfortable and can handle a load/towing. The Dura Grappler in the 265/75-16 size also uses DurBelt technology which helps reduce heat for extended life. In fact, this model carries a 45K miles tread life warranty which is very uncommon for an E rated LT tire. I would definitely stick with an E rated tire with the type of hauling you do. Here are a couple links with more details.

Diesel World Review of The Nitto Dura Grappler

Price & Availability

I hope this helps. Let us know if we can be of further assistance

-Matt

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Discount Tire; 12-29-2009 at 08:48 AM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 07:11 PM

My Photos: (29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6LMonster View Post
I would go with the Michelin LTX M/S in load range E. Very good road tire and great in the snow.
I just did this last week from discount tires. I was impressed with their service and they beat costco. That Michelin LTX M/S II is a great tire.

2001 VW NB TDI speed.
SOLD: '02 PSD Excursion LTD Ultimate 4X4 Mineral Gray, PSD badges, Banks Exhaust, AIS air filter, DP-Tuner, Fuel mods, V code (2C3Z-5310-HA, AKA 3C34-5310-ADA) and modified F code (6C34-5560-F aka 5C32-5560-FA) springs with Timbren rear overloads, Bilstein shocks, hellwig sway bar, Powerslot Cyro rotors with Hawk LTS pads, IH CPS part # 1826899C93 (original CPS).
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 09:12 AM

Thank you for the support boertje, you rock!

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Vendors > Discount Tire

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in