Tire Sidewall | Do you know what all the letters and numbers mean? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Discount Tire

1Likes
  • 1 Post By DENNY

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tire Sidewall | Do you know what all the letters and numbers mean?

Where do I find the size of my tire? How do I know what the speed rating is?

These are just a couple of common questions we field from our customers and rightfully so. A tire's sidewall contains a plethora of markings with letters, numbers, and even codes. It's these alphanumeric markings that tell you important information about the tire such as construction, age, and type.

For more on what these numbers and letters mean and where to find them on your tire, check out the overview linked below.

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To Your Door:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Useful Links:

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 10:53 PM

My Photos: (8)
Good information to know. I picked up a used 99 F350 with great looking tires on it. I really did not look at the numbers on the tire. Turns out they had been built 14 years before. Got a chance to look close when my Left front blew. My fault it was a low mile truck and obvious second set of tires.
DENNY
Discount Tire likes this.

Early 1999 F350 AUTO 4x4 CC LB DRW 4.10 6.0 trans cooler, Front hitch, 2,000 hubs/ brakes, Bilstein shocks/steering stabilizer, Diesel site coolant filter 203 thermostat, EBV delete, new O-rings, new Oil cooler, RIFF RAFF FRX, Glow plug led, Pillar gauges, Lighted cupholder, Painless wiring fuze block, Harpoon/hutch mods, Removed axle blocks. Air bags, 5 wheel hitch, In bed 7 pin plug. Spare tire key delete. KLHANSEN on speed dial. 75,000 as of May 2019
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENNY View Post
Good information to know. I picked up a used 99 F350 with great looking tires on it. I really did not look at the numbers on the tire. Turns out they had been built 14 years before. Got a chance to look close when my Left front blew. My fault it was a low mile truck and obvious second set of tires.
DENNY
Thank you for sharing, Denny - hopefully, no one was harmed! Blowouts can be very frustrating.

At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 11:04 AM

My Photos: (8)
Only thing that got hurt was my pocket book. New left front fender, and SEVEN tires, as this is a DRW.
DENNY

Early 1999 F350 AUTO 4x4 CC LB DRW 4.10 6.0 trans cooler, Front hitch, 2,000 hubs/ brakes, Bilstein shocks/steering stabilizer, Diesel site coolant filter 203 thermostat, EBV delete, new O-rings, new Oil cooler, RIFF RAFF FRX, Glow plug led, Pillar gauges, Lighted cupholder, Painless wiring fuze block, Harpoon/hutch mods, Removed axle blocks. Air bags, 5 wheel hitch, In bed 7 pin plug. Spare tire key delete. KLHANSEN on speed dial. 75,000 as of May 2019
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENNY View Post
Only thing that got hurt was my pocket book. New left front fender, and SEVEN tires, as this is a DRW.
DENNY
Glad to hear no one was hurt!

At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Vendors > Discount Tire

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in