F-350: New leveling kit, wheels, tires, power steps (PICS!) - Page 2 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension Discuss your wheels, tires, brakes & suspension topics here.

Forum sponsored by: Discount Tire

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010, 08:05 PM

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks for the reply Mills. After speaking with Mac from ICON today I went ahead and ordered the ICON 2.5" Stg 1 kit with the addition of their adjustable pan-rod bar to square the axle back up. The kit comes with 4 of their high quality shocks and instead of spacers they include 2.5" taller dual-rate front springs. It's more money, and I think the Readylift kit is a great kit too... I guess I just wanted to be a little different and try the ICON out. I was also very impressed by the fact that I was able to get info from a very knowledgable Tech within a few seconds of calling.

I ended up ordering the 20x9 AR ATX Crawl wheels for mine with Nitto Trail Grappler 295/65R20's. I'll try to get some pics up when it's all together in a few weeks. They are going on an F250 CC SB Lariat in White Platinum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010, 09:08 PM

My Photos: (5)
Great looking truck

Bigun
2016 F250 CC,SB, 6.7 King Ranch, FX4, 3.55 Locker,OC 35/12.50/20 ATII, Hostile Wheels // KNUCKLES 20/9, Black/ Black interior, Titan 50 gal tank
2011 F250 CC,SB, 6.7 Lariat Ultimate, FX4, Ready Lift Stage 3, buschwacker flares, 3.31 Locker,OC 325/65/18,Moto 959 18/9, Tuxedo Black/Black interior, Titan 50 gal tank Sold
2009 F250 CC, SB,6.4 Harley 4X4 Black/Black sold
2006 F250 CC,SB, 6.0 K Ranch 4X4 Black/Gold sold
2003 F350 CC, LB, 7.3 Limited 4X4 Gold/black 6" lift sold
1999 F350 SC, LB 7.3 Limited 4X4 Green 4' lift sold
post #18 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 04:29 PM

Your truck looks great. Smart choice on the readylift. I was looking at other spacer kits and then a light popped on my head that seems like spacers only would limit the suspension. I'm thinking about doing the same kit on my dually. Probably won't get much bigger tires but will give it a bigger stance. (Really 1.5" would per perfect for me but haven't seen many kits that size that have all the good components.)

2017 F450 Lariat Ultimate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by millsryno View Post
Thanks to all the people who helped me to get my truck ordered and answered all my noobie questions. I have the truck now with less than 1000 miles driven on it. It is awesome. My only two complaints so far are that it goes into regen every 75-90 miles and there are not any child seat anchors. My fuel mileage is lower than I had hoped (prol because of the frequent regens).

Here are some pics. I had a 2.5" Ready Lift Stage II leveling kit installed, 20x9 Moto Metal 959's, Nitto Trail Grappler 295/65R20 and Amp Research power steps.

The truck is a 2011 F-350 CC, Sterling Grey, Black leather interior, Short Bed, 6.7L Diesel, Lariat, 4x4, Camper Package, factory spray in bedliner, 3.55 gears, electronic shift on the fly. I went with the Black leather interior with the 2-tone seats. While waiting for the truck to arrive I had heard that they were going to do away with the 2-tone seats and only offer monotone. I had originally wished I had just waited for the monotone because I wasn't sure if I liked the dual tone....I am SO GLAD I got the 2-tone, though. It matches the exterior color perfect and ties it all in.

There is no rubbing at all on the tires. If you look at the front diver side wheel well, you will see that there is some trimming in there from the factory. The tire would slightly rub if it were not pre-cut from the factory. I have no rubbing going over bumps. I have not put a load on it, nor have I had it offroading.

Let me know if anybody has any questions. I am adding more pics to this thread (limit is 5 per post). Click the pics to see them larger.
Do you think there is enough room in the rear to clear tire chains? Front?
post #20 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-09-2010, 12:52 AM

all i have to say is i just saw this thread and was dead set on a black truck or black with tan bottom but i am having second thoughts now. that truck is beautiful!

11 F350 CC/LWB/4x4
post #21 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-09-2010, 12:17 PM

beautiful
post #22 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-09-2010, 06:17 PM

millsryno,

How are you finding those wheels to keep clean? They look great and I am looking for new wheels too, but am scared too many nooks and crannies will be a pain to clean.

Tony2

2011 F-350 King Ranch, SRW, Crew Cab, SWB, Ready Lift 69-2531 3.5"F/1.0"R Stage 4, Moto-Metal 959 20X9 +18 offset, Nitto Trail Grappler 295/65/20, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover, Aries Bull Bar, Husky Mud Guards, Husky Weatherbeater Floor Mats.
post #23 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-09-2010, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcklnhunter View Post
Your truck looks great it looks like what I have on order. I am glad you posted those picts I have looking at the same tire and wheel combo. You mentioned your gas mileage is not that good what are you getting?
I'm getting 15.2 mpg and I am pretty light with the foot. 3.55 gears incase that wasn't mentioned before.

2011 Ford F-350 CC, 6.7L, SRW, Short Bed, 4x4
Lariat w/ black leather 2-tone interior
Sterling Grey
Camper Package
Factory spray-in bedliner
2.5" Ready Lift Stage 2 leveling kit
20x9 Moto Metal 959's (+12 offset, 5.47 backspacing)
Nitto Trail Grappler 295/65R20 tires (no rubbing)
Amp Research power steps
post #24 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-09-2010, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFresh View Post
Do you think there is enough room in the rear to clear tire chains? Front?
I'm an Arizona native and have never had to put them on...so wouldn't know for sure how much room they take up.

I am pretty sure there is plenty of room in the back, but the front is pretty close. I have not rubbed, though...even on full turn and bumps.

Sterling Grey
Camper Package
Amp Research power steps
post #25 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-09-2010, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony2 View Post
millsryno,

How are you finding those wheels to keep clean? They look great and I am looking for new wheels too, but am scared too many nooks and crannies will be a pain to clean.

Tony2
Mine still look brand new....granted I don't deal with snow and I only have driven on pavement. I don't think they will be a problem. I like them because they look heavy duty and have a real nice shine to them.

Sterling Grey
Camper Package
Amp Research power steps
post #26 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-11-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by millsryno View Post
Mine still look brand new....granted I don't deal with snow and I only have driven on pavement. I don't think they will be a problem. I like them because they look heavy duty and have a real nice shine to them.

Yes that is what I noticed about those wheels is they look beefy, some of the wheel options just don't seem to suit the Super Duty's.

Did you get your allignment done yet? Any pull or drifting around in the lane?

I was considering doing a lift, however seems nobody up here offers a 4-Link lift 4" that they can install, and if I provide the lift and have them do the install 1 shop wont touch it and the one that will wants mucho bucks to do it!! So I am not sure what to do.

Thanks again for the info,

Tony2

2011 F-350 King Ranch, SRW, Crew Cab, SWB, Ready Lift 69-2531 3.5"F/1.0"R Stage 4, Moto-Metal 959 20X9 +18 offset, Nitto Trail Grappler 295/65/20, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover, Aries Bull Bar, Husky Mud Guards, Husky Weatherbeater Floor Mats.
post #27 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 09:09 PM

millsryno - who did the work for you? I have almost the exact same truck coming in next week and I would like to do something similar I am also in AZ.
post #28 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 01:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony2 View Post
Yes that is what I noticed about those wheels is they look beefy, some of the wheel options just don't seem to suit the Super Duty's.

Did you get your allignment done yet? Any pull or drifting around in the lane?

I was considering doing a lift, however seems nobody up here offers a 4-Link lift 4" that they can install, and if I provide the lift and have them do the install 1 shop wont touch it and the one that will wants mucho bucks to do it!! So I am not sure what to do.

Thanks again for the info,

Tony2
the shop that did the leveling kit said they checked the alignment and said it was right on. They also said that with the ReadyLift stage 2, that an alignment was not neccessary. When I drove it off, the steering wheel would sit at the 1:00 position and when I let go of the wheel, the truck would veer left. I took it back to them and they said it was right on when they checked it when they did the lift. They attempted to adjust the steering wheel so it sits at the 12:00 poition, but it still sits at the 12:30 position and still veers left. They said it is because big tires will wander....but the thing is it's only pulling one direction which leads me to believe that the alignment is slightly off.

I don't think they checked it or don't think they know what they are doing. I am going to have the dealer check it when I go in for my first service.

Sterling Grey
Camper Package
Amp Research power steps
post #29 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 01:23 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog22 View Post
millsryno - who did the work for you? I have almost the exact same truck coming in next week and I would like to do something similar I am also in AZ.
Check my post above this one for info regarding the alignment. I was happy with all the work they did except for that.

Leveling kit and amp research bars were done at Desert Rat on 19th Ave and Peoria??.

Wheels and tires were done at discount tire in Buckeye off I-10 and Watson. I am happy with the work discount did EXCEPT I *think* they lost the lock that goes over the hole where the spare tire "pole" goes to lower the tire. I say I think they lost it because I am not positive if one was ever there...but would be surprise if the truck didn't come with one, as my F-150 did. Anybody able to check their truck? It's a hole right by the license plate where you stick the pole to lower the spare. Is there a cover or lock there?

Sterling Grey
Camper Package
Amp Research power steps
post #30 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 06:38 AM

My Photos: (4)
Every 11 i have seen has had no plug in there.

2011 F-350 Superduty 6.7. CC,LB, SRW 3.31 ELD.Vermillion Red.Bakflip HD,Spray in bedliner. Tint all windows.Edge Insite CTS. DDM Tuning,Hi/Low HID'S (H13,55W.Bull Bar. red grill lettering/stainless tailgate letters.AMI chrome locking fuel door.Plazma light bar.
2011 F-350 Superduty 6.7. CC.LB SRW Oxford white. (FORD BUY BACK)!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 F-250 Superduty 6.4. CC.LB SRW Trade in.
2010 Ford Focus. All the bells and whistles. Red Wifey's econo box
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1994 F-150.XLT.5.8 litre 351. E4ODE.Extended cab LB. 198,000 miles.Don't use a drop of oil.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in