Goodyear Wrangler Dura Trac - Page 2 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension Discuss your wheels, tires, brakes & suspension topics here.

Forum sponsored by: Discount Tire

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 06:30 PM

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
haha im in this exact same debate and i cant decide... it sounds like the toyos are better tires if im looking to get mileage out of them....

Early '99 CCLB, 05 Harley Front End Conversion, 05 Harley Black Leather Interior, 05 Lighted Tow Mirrors, Built Trans with 31 Row Cooler

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-31-2011, 11:42 PM

My Photos: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan72 View Post
haha im in this exact same debate and i cant decide... it sounds like the toyos are better tires if im looking to get mileage out of them....
Toyos and good mileage are like oil and water.

Im looking to get a set of Duratracs as well. Ive done a lot of reading and like what I see. Quiet, Great Traction, Good Mileage...I've had many many many sets of BFG A/Ts and they have been a great tire, but I like the look of the duratracs and want to try something different. Seems to be a very good balance between A/T & M/T

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
●4x4●ZF-5●4.10●Tymar Intake●Wildman 6 Pos. Chip●SD Intercooler●17* HPOP●4 Straight Pipe w/5 Silverline Tip●3-Pillar Zeries Gauges (Pyro/Boost/Oil Temp)●3.5" RSK/D60/SD Springs●Ride Rite Rear Bags●Bilstein 5100 Shocks●315/75/R16 BFG A/T●Pro Comp XTreme Wheels --- SOLD 01/2011

2009 F-250 FX4 - Diesel - Crew Cab/Long Bed - 4" Pure Performance X-Factor Lift - 325/60/20 Goodyear Duratracs on Stock 20's
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 02:03 PM

My Photos: (3)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
IMO Toyos suck..lousy wet traction..and loud. Only tire that I've ran that will break lose passing on the freeway at 60+ in light rain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caryt View Post
IMO Toyos suck..lousy wet traction..and loud. Only tire that I've ran that will break lose passing on the freeway at 60+ in light rain.
I couldnt agree more...

After a lot of reading I finally made up my mind and had 325/60/20 Goodyear Duratracs installed on my 2009 F-250 this morning (lifting 4" tomorrow).

I have only put about 50 miles on them and first impressions....I'm VERY impressed. Great looking tire, has a nice agressive look to it...Rides like a street tire, no bumpy feel at all. Very very quiet...I took it up to about 75-80 on the freeway and as I got close to 80 I think I heard a VERY light humming. I would say that these are comparable in road noise to the stock Wrangler tires.

They are mounted on the stock 20x8 wheels...No squirrly feel at all, as some others have reported.

I was nervous going with a newer tire that I didnt have any experience with, but so far in the short time I have had them, I think they are great.

●4x4●ZF-5●4.10●Tymar Intake●Wildman 6 Pos. Chip●SD Intercooler●17* HPOP●4 Straight Pipe w/5 Silverline Tip●3-Pillar Zeries Gauges (Pyro/Boost/Oil Temp)●3.5" RSK/D60/SD Springs●Ride Rite Rear Bags●Bilstein 5100 Shocks●315/75/R16 BFG A/T●Pro Comp XTreme Wheels --- SOLD 01/2011

2009 F-250 FX4 - Diesel - Crew Cab/Long Bed - 4" Pure Performance X-Factor Lift - 325/60/20 Goodyear Duratracs on Stock 20's
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 04:38 PM

Can't wait to see the pics of the new lift!!
post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 11:50 AM

I'm also considering these for the back 4 tires on my Dually, but in my case I'm looking to stick with the OEM 235/85/16 size (which is fairly narrow for the height of the tire). Of course with Duallies you get alot better wear out of the rear tires due to the total amount of tire surface contacting the ground and horrible front tire wear out of any tire with gaps in the tread (which is why I use a different tire for the front).

I'm curious to hear from people who actually have experience with Goodyear DuraTrac's on a dually, especially if they used the 235/85/16 size.

Thanks, Mike.

Motorcycle Road Racer
'02 GSXR 750, '99 GSXR 600, '96 GSXR 750
'02 F-250 Crewcab shortbed - 7.3 Diesel (Most dependable Truck I've ever owned - sold it to get a longbed dually)
'03 F-350 Crewcab Dually longbed - 6.0 Diesel (Worst vehicle I've ever owned in my entire life!)
post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 01:14 AM

After 600 miles on the Duratracs and after some driving in HEAVY rain.....

Still VERY impressed with the duratracs....I drove about 5.5 hours in moderate to heavy rain today and never hydroplaned or felt any sort of traction loss AT ALL. This weekend we'll see how they do in the snow.

Cary, lift is going on Saturday. Damn UPS delivered 6 out of 7 boxed last Friday....I was all set to install the lift saturday but some dummy over at the Bay Area hub aparently didnt load the last box onto the truck headed for my local distribution center...Oh well, pics to come this weekend!

post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 10:45 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
GY DuraTrac's, Toyo's etc

Have a set of Duratracs on a new F150 at office. Not enough miles to really tell but they SEEM to do well in the mud from last fall as well as ALL THIS DANG SNOW! Surprised to see the comments on the Toyo's. I have run the M-55's (have a set on the '94 right now) and all i can say is that these are a TIRE. Excellent traction, wear, load bearing and all that. And expensive, too! I just put a set of General Grabber AT2's on my '95 F150 and am impressed with the traction in snow, slop and some mud. They are also quiet on the pavement and the price wasn't a killer either. My tire guy says the oil field gang is impressed with them, so that carries some weight too. Best luck!

'94 1/2 F250 4x4, SuperCab XLT, 5 spd, SMF w/ Valaeo clutch, 4.10 (syn. lube), Rotella 5W40 Syn, manual hubs, B&W Gooseneck hitch, Cooper ST Maxx tires in 235/85R16, authentic TYMAR intake, 4" AFE exhaust, FRP mod., SD starter, Isspro boost/pyro,digital thermometer, homebuilt exhaust brake, 194K Fresh factory injectors at 186K, TS-6 chip. Dana 60 conversion! "Its only a pickup. Trucks have a button on the shifter!"

'12 F150 Supercrew, 4x4, 5.0L, Lariat, 146K, "Race Red" and no speeding tickets yet...

1996 Bronco, last of the line! XLT, 5.8L, 160K and going strong!
post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDfreak View Post
...Still VERY impressed with the duratracs....I drove about 5.5 hours in moderate to heavy rain today and never hydroplaned or felt any sort of traction loss AT ALL. This weekend we'll see how they do in the snow.

...Cary, lift is going on Saturday. Damn UPS delivered 6 out of 7 boxed last Friday.
So do you agree with what many people have said on the internet that the Goodyear Dura Trac's are quiet?

I noticed your mention of a car lift, since I own a Transmission Repair shop with my Brother I have several of them (all 2 post models). Our lowest capacity lift is a rather unique 7,000 lb Rotary lift (SP84) that's designed mainly to lift uni-body vehicles. Our medium lift is a Rotary 9,000 lb asymmetrical, and our pride and joy is a Mohawk 10,000 lb System 1 lift that actually has a weight gauge on it to tell you the vehicles weight. Our next lift will be a drive on 4-post lift somewhere in the 18,000 to 30,000 lb range with dual rolling center lift jacks.

I wanted to mention that if your getting a 2 post lift the floor anchors you use are very important, I only use one type of anchor made by Wej-It. Cheap universal anchors can pull out of the floor, the ones we use came with the Mohawk Lift when we bought it new. We were so impressed with them that we bought that type anchor for our other lifts as well - they really are awesome. If your interested I can get you the model numbers of the anchors so you could order some.

Motorcycle Road Racer
'02 F-250 Crewcab shortbed - 7.3 Diesel (Most dependable Truck I've ever owned - sold it to get a longbed dually)
'03 F-350 Crewcab Dually longbed - 6.0 Diesel (Worst vehicle I've ever owned in my entire life!)

Last edited by GSXRracerMIKE; 02-15-2011 at 03:01 PM.
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRracerMIKE View Post
So do you agree with what many people have said on the internet that the Goodyear Dura Trac's are quiet?

I noticed your mention of a car lift, since I own a Transmission Repair shop with my Brother I have several of them (all 2 post models). Our lowest capacity lift is a rather unique 7,000 lb Rotary lift (SP84) that's designed mainly to lift uni-body vehicles. Our medium lift is a Rotary 9,000 lb asymmetrical, and our pride and joy is a Mohawk 10,000 lb System 1 lift that actually has a weight gauge on it to tell you the vehicles weight. Our next lift will be a drive on 4-post lift somewhere in the 18,000 to 30,000 lb range with dual rolling center lift jacks.

I wanted to mention that if your getting a 2 post lift the floor anchors you use are very important, I only use one type of anchor made by Wej-It. Cheap universal anchors can pull out of the floor, the ones we use came with the Mohawk Lift when we bought it new. We were so impressed with them that we bought that type anchor for our other lifts as well - they really are awesome. If your interested I can get you the model numbers of the anchors so you could order some.
Yes they are quiet. Night and day quieter than Toyo's. Slight noise above 70 mph but its very subtle and not irritating (I am very sensitive to noisy tires, I hate noisy tires).

I think we are talking 2 different types I lift. I was referring to the suspension lift I put on my truck over the weekend.

post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDfreak View Post
Yes they are quiet. Night and day quieter than Toyo's. Slight noise above 70 mph but its very subtle and not irritating (I am very sensitive to noisy tires, I hate noisy tires).

I think we are talking 2 different types I lift. I was referring to the suspension lift I put on my truck over the weekend.
LOL, that's funny! I have such a one track mind right now about buying another vehicle lift for our shop that I didn't even think about you buying a lift kit for your truck!

Thanks for the response about the tires.

Motorcycle Road Racer
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 08:49 PM

My Photos: (21)
I have around 15,000 miles on the 325/65R18 DuraTracs on my 2007 F-350.

Still very impressed with the tire. Second season snow plowing with them and they did great even in the Blizzard that dumped 27" of snow here with 3-7' drifts.
post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 08:29 PM

My Photos: (2)
Not sure how long ago you posted, but you may very well be able to enlighten me. I have an '09 4X4 with 2.5" lift and was looking at 325/60X20. First concern (especially by tire dealer) was possible rubbing on turns. Second issue was their hesitancy of mounting the tires on the stock 2'X8" rims. Have you experienced any issues, or should I be o.k. I've always ran BF's TA KOs, but am looking at Duratracs.
post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 05:52 PM

Answered your other post...
post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRracerMIKE View Post
I'm also considering these for the back 4 tires on my Dually, but in my case I'm looking to stick with the OEM 235/85/16 size (which is fairly narrow for the height of the tire). Of course with Duallies you get alot better wear out of the rear tires due to the total amount of tire surface contacting the ground and horrible front tire wear out of any tire with gaps in the tread (which is why I use a different tire for the front).

I'm curious to hear from people who actually have experience with Goodyear DuraTrac's on a dually, especially if they used the 235/85/16 size.

Thanks, Mike.

X2

I'm also looking at the stock 235/85R16 in the duratrac for my '02 dually. Anyone run these on their DRW?

Thanks!

'99, 7.3L PSD F250 4x4 SRW
Mods: BTS Tranny!!!!, Rockwell 2 1/2 ton axles, Goodyear MVT 395/85R20's and Schaeffer's Oil

'02, 7.3L PSD 6spd F350 4x4 DRW CC
Mods: IH Bellowed Up-pipes, 4" MBRP Turbo Back Exh, B&W Gooseneck Hitch, Michelin LTX A/T2 235/85R16's and Schaeffer's Oil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in