Has anyone tried the Full Traction Suspension coil-over conversion for the superduty? - Page 2 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension Discuss your wheels, tires, brakes & suspension topics here.

Forum sponsored by: Discount Tire

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
LOL as soon as I posted last time, I see Jesse beat me by a few minutes. Here are some new pics I just took.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	08 pickup 001.jpg
Views:	5913
Size:	618.5 KB
ID:	1284  

Click image for larger version

Name:	08 pickup 002.jpg
Views:	5686
Size:	624.9 KB
ID:	1285  

2010 F-350 Lariet, CC, LB, SW, 3.73, S&B intake, Flow-pro dpf cat delete, Sinister EGR delete, H&S mini-max running hot damn tunes, 2.5" Ready Lift, recon smoked cab lights, 63,000 miles

'99 F-350 ,Powerstroke, AT, Crew Cab, Long Box, 05 front conversion, 08 mirrors, afe intake, 4" exhaust, wicked wheel, oil cross over mod, tank mod, manual tc lock switch & light, 4.5" Full Traction lift, was XLT now Lariet, 'oldbirds' overhead console, 315/75/16 xtreme AT, 247,000 miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 09:54 PM

My Photos: (18)
Whats the Farmboy set up costing you guys? I know it depends on the coils and mine will need to fit the 8" lift.

Truck:
Early 99 F-350 (99.5+Conversion)
Lariat Crew Cab Long Bed
05'-07' Front End/08' Tail Lights
184,000mi
Body:
8" Fabtech Lift
37" Toyo Open Country M/T
18" Rockstars
15" Cieling DVD
Engine:
99.5+ Conversion
AFE Stage 2 Intake
4" Turbo Back Exhaust
Ceramic Coated Bellowed Up-Pipes, Exhaust Manifolds, High Flow Turbo Outlet
ITP In-Tank/PRE-Pre-Pump Mod
HP Oil X-Over Line
AIH Delete
ISSPRO Boost, Pyrometer, Trans Temp A Pillar Gauges
CCV Mod
Truspeed

Other Rides:
67' Camaro RS/SS Dart Big M 540cu
post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 11:43 AM

My Photos: (21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon104 View Post
Whats the Farmboy set up costing you guys? I know it depends on the coils and mine will need to fit the 8" lift.

I'll send you a PM

We (Truck Toyz Performance) are supporting vendors here on TDS and sell Full Traction, King, etc... as evident by the pics posted by Marty aka Overkill up above.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 08:18 PM

very nice . like the kit but for the money ill save ill do the conversion my self with the 05-08 front axle and stock parts from junk yard will bee half as much ride just as good.

Last edited by jamoffroad; 05-12-2008 at 08:18 PM. Reason: cant spell
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 02:20 PM

My Photos: (31)
Wrecking yards are very proud of the '05+ front axles. I have bought a few so expect to pay somewhere around $2000 for the axle alone. Never the less if you are only looking for 4" or less of lift I would also recommend the '05 suspension swap.
post #21 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 02:43 AM

I'm a new memeber, but am curious.....

If you buy....say the 8" full traction lift with the coil springs for the frontend......and then a couple years later, you want to upgrade to coilovers....

Can you buy the separate parts in the future to convert to coilovers, or do you have to re-buy the whole lift? On the front axle 4 link mounts, where the coilovers mount to the axle, do you get the same lower mount when you purchase either lift coils or the kit for the coilover conversion? Or do you have to buy a new mount if you decide to switch to coilovers in the future? It would be nice if the mount could be used with either or, but it probably isn't. I know for the upper side of the coilover,you have to get a whole new mount for that, but I wasn't sure for the lower.

Reason I'm asking is because I would like to buy the 8" 4 link conversion and then in the future be able to upgrade to coils. Just wondering, besides the upper coilover mount hoop, what else is different between the coil spring and coilover kits that needs to be changed so coilovers can be utilized.

Any and all help is appreciated....
post #22 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 12:04 AM

btt.....
post #23 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 03:06 AM

I'm also becoming very interested in this lift and would like some more info.

I currently have an 8" Fabtech lift. I rides so terrible that I don't really want to ever drive it. I was doing some research on buying an 8" Icon lift when I came accross this post. I am primarily looking for ride quality on a lifted superduty.

Does the steering radius increase with this kit?
What is the maintenance with the kit?
Do you have to run a coilovers? I'm not understanding the differences in the coil spring and coilover options.
Does the death wobble occur with this system?
Also, what rear leaf spring set ups are people running to go along with an 8" FTS front conversion.

I'm going to replace my lift as soon as I figure out the best route for me . Thanks

01 F350, Lariat, 7.3L Powerstroke, Crewcab, Longebed, 4WD, 8 inch fabtech lift, 4 inch turbo back exhaust, 35" Mud Grapplers on 20" XD Diesels. Thats about it so far

Edge Juice with Attitude, Wicked Wheel, Banks elbow and downpipe, Big Head Actuator, and AFE Stage II with
ProGuard 7

Looking for clean sub box design or manufacturer under rear seat of 01 crew cab!
post #24 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke_eater View Post
I'm a new memeber, but am curious.....

If you buy....say the 8" full traction lift with the coil springs for the frontend......and then a couple years later, you want to upgrade to coilovers....

Can you buy the separate parts in the future to convert to coilovers, or do you have to re-buy the whole lift? On the front axle 4 link mounts, where the coilovers mount to the axle, do you get the same lower mount when you purchase either lift coils or the kit for the coilover conversion? Or do you have to buy a new mount if you decide to switch to coilovers in the future? It would be nice if the mount could be used with either or, but it probably isn't. I know for the upper side of the coilover,you have to get a whole new mount for that, but I wasn't sure for the lower.

Reason I'm asking is because I would like to buy the 8" 4 link conversion and then in the future be able to upgrade to coils. Just wondering, besides the upper coilover mount hoop, what else is different between the coil spring and coilover kits that needs to be changed so coilovers can be utilized.

Any and all help is appreciated....

What year is your truck?

If it's a 99-04 the Full Traction 4-link is setup for coilovers only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shop rag View Post
I'm also becoming very interested in this lift and would like some more info.

I currently have an 8" Fabtech lift. I rides so terrible that I don't really want to ever drive it. I was doing some research on buying an 8" Icon lift when I came accross this post. I am primarily looking for ride quality on a lifted superduty.

Does the steering radius increase with this kit?
What is the maintenance with the kit?
Do you have to run a coilovers? I'm not understanding the differences in the coil spring and coilover options.
Does the death wobble occur with this system?
Also, what rear leaf spring set ups are people running to go along with an 8" FTS front conversion.

I'm going to replace my lift as soon as I figure out the best route for me . Thanks

Turning radius is the same in that once the stops that are built into the knuckles hit that's all you can turn. Of course if you are currently rubbing your leaf springs you may get a little more turning ability with the 4-link.

It's important to keep the rod ends greased.

The kit is designed to run coilovers.

No death wobble.

We use Icon rear springs.

Full Traction 8 Inch 4-Link I.C.G Conversion - Late 1999-2004 F250/350 4wd - 2000-2004 F250/F350 SRW 4wd - Truck Toyz Store
post #25 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-15-2008, 11:31 AM

The rig I'm picking up next spring is actually an 06 I believe. It's the murdered out Sport edition one. It's a buddy of mine's that wants to sell it.

Does this help you to give me a more precise answer?

Like I said, I basically want to be able to buy the 4 link kit, set it up with that for a while, and then when I get more $$, switch over to the coilovers on the frontend. I just would hate to have to buy 2 seperate entire lift kits if I were to ever switch over to coiloves. I would think you could buy the pieces seperately to upgrade the frontend.

Does this help to clafiry things?
post #26 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-15-2008, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke_eater View Post
The rig I'm picking up next spring is actually an 06 I believe. It's the murdered out Sport edition one. It's a buddy of mine's that wants to sell it.

Does this help you to give me a more precise answer?

Like I said, I basically want to be able to buy the 4 link kit, set it up with that for a while, and then when I get more $$, switch over to the coilovers on the frontend. I just would hate to have to buy 2 seperate entire lift kits if I were to ever switch over to coiloves. I would think you could buy the pieces seperately to upgrade the frontend.

Does this help to clafiry things?

Yep with a 06 you can run a Full Traction 4-link with coil springs, or Icon Vehicle Dynamics, etc.... and upgrade later to coilovers if you want.
post #27 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 11:30 AM
NYB

My Photos: (7)
With aftermarket coil over kits, are you guys able to saw off a bit of the steering stops cast into the knuckles so as to get more wheel cut for a tighter turning radius? Like maybe 3/4" off of each post?

Would the limiting factor then be the steering linkage? (either range in the steering gear box, or pitman/draglink clearance with other components, including the axle cover?) If you changed the linkage, would these obstacle be present?

The number one reason I'd consider a coil conversion is to have a better turning radius, and yet still keep my 7.3L I don't want (can't afford) a new 6.4L truck, and won't touch a used 6.0L truck. I do not want any lift at all. Just a better turning radius. Is this possible with any of the kits mentioned here?

Last edited by NYB; 12-18-2008 at 11:40 AM.
post #28 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 06:56 PM

i emailed Jesse from his site but never got a reply. I'm looking to convert my 2001 in early February.

Maybe Jesse can reply here or if you guys know of another place to get the kit that knows their E#(R$#)Y.

'01 7.3 PSD, Crewcab 4x4, 3.73's, ATS valve body, ATS torque converter locker, 7-1/2" lift, 37" pro-comps, DP Tuner (no start, stock, high idle, 80E, 120Race, 60Tow, 80Tow). 4" exhaust, BT muffler, 205K (miles) Towing a 3200lbs jet boat on the weekends. AIS air intake, PDR Turbo, bellows up pipe, New Houston engines long block (may 2008), forged rods, new alliant injectors.
post #29 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-01-2009, 09:55 PM

We sell quite a few of the Full Traction systems and are sponsors of this site.
Are there any specific questions that you have regarding the full traction?

Full Traction 8 Inch 4-Link I.C.G Conversion - Late 1999-2004 F250/350 4wd - 2000-2004 F250/F350 SRW 4wd - Truck Toyz Store

Full Traction 6 Inch 4-Link I.C.G Conversion - Late 1999-2004 F250/350 4wd - 2000-2004 F250/F350 SRW 4wd - Truck Toyz Store

By hitting the "Configure" button on our site you can add the coilovers and rear suspension options if needed.
post #30 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-01-2009, 11:09 PM

my question was mostly to do with if the kit is in stock or not and the cost. Alot of guys say the kit is adjustable from 4 to 8 inches but there are two different kits,,,,....????

What's the deal with setting up the Kings...?? valving etc...????

'01 7.3 PSD, Crewcab 4x4, 3.73's, ATS valve body, ATS torque converter locker, 7-1/2" lift, 37" pro-comps, DP Tuner (no start, stock, high idle, 80E, 120Race, 60Tow, 80Tow). 4" exhaust, BT muffler, 205K (miles) Towing a 3200lbs jet boat on the weekends. AIS air intake, PDR Turbo, bellows up pipe, New Houston engines long block (may 2008), forged rods, new alliant injectors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in