Help me pick some aggressive All Terrain tires - Page 3 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension Discuss your wheels, tires, brakes & suspension topics here.

Forum sponsored by: Discount Tire

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 07:54 AM

My Photos: (11)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have had a lot of tires and keep going back to BFGodrich ,ATs are a decent all around tire , muds are are great but my own opinion I think I lose a little mileage over the ATs , ( I run ATs in summer and MUds in winter ) muds clean out tread so well where ATs seem to gum up more , you will not be dissapointed , as far as D or E rating do you home work , like my 285-75-16 D rating has the same weight rating as a stock 265-75-16 E, good luck ,Larry, Oh almost forgot , 285-75-16 E rated in BFG is not available in raised white letter , home work ,research, take your time , get what you want

'04 6.0 F-350 Red, Lariat, CC SB 4x4,power roof & rear slider,K&N ,new 305-55-20 on black race line wheels , 08 alum. diff cover, SnoPatrol package, Sinister EGR delete ,ARP studs, one piece driveshaft, dynatrac free spin kit, 2015 front clip, waiting for my box

Last edited by ttmech; 02-11-2010 at 04:01 PM. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 01:59 PM

My Photos: (0)
I have also ran BFG AT's for years. I do rotate every 5000 miles but have always gotten better that 50,000 miles on a set. They are very quiet, do Great in the Mud and Snow as well as wet pavement. They are also available in E class.
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 11:34 PM

Ran BFG Ats for years good tire for an AT. Tried some Dick Cepeks FCIIs awesome tire wear very well, ride and handle great perhaps a bit more noise then the BFGs but wear much longer. Have had 285/75R16 and now 315/75R16 so size is not as big (as what you are wanting) but should be similar I would think. I sype these tires when new and they last even longer and have better winter traction to boot.....not for everone and if you are hard on the go peddle this tends to chunk out the tread if syped....for me it works well...

jrc

97 XLT F250 CC ZF-5 (now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
) DIY short shifter 355's D60 air locked T Wildman files, 'jectors, SD Hpop, 6.0 fan, IC, DP 4" exhaust, SS resonator, RSK, SD springs all corners, Velvet rides, Custom Aluminum Drybox/fuel tank, air bags, E-air compressor, VisionX HID/LED's, E fuel, F26D rear tank, 200 amp alternator, 1500 watt inverter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Jcart; 02-16-2010 at 11:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 01:09 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

I just rode in a buddies truck and he has BFG AT's. They are extremely quiet. I'm wondering if the Mickey Thompson ATZ's would be about as quiet as I need quiet most, but then to be able to handle the elements and off road, if I need/want to. These look like the best ones to me. Any input?

03' F350, 6.0, Crew Cab, 4" lift,
Amp Power Steps,
Jimmie Jammers.
4" Turbo Back MBRP exhaust,
Adrenaline HPOP from Dieselsite.com.
155 injectors, egr fix, ARP studs, black onyx gaskets, and SCT custom tunes. All from River City Diesel!

86' 944 Turbo. 4cyl, pushin'600hp. Now Goin' for 700hp! 194mph top speed. been down for a long time and finally getting my tranny rebuilt to handle the power...I hope.

04' 760li. V12, 443hp, Matching 22' wheels on adjustable coilovers, suede headliner, fridge in between reare seats, yadda yadda. Always in the shop.

Yes the girl in my avatar is actually "my girl"
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 08:04 PM

i am running the 285-75-16 hankook rt03 mt's and great milage and great in the snow and on ice. will be putting on my second set this year. no square tires, blocking, or funny wear patterns.

Somedays its just not worth chewing through the restraints

2011 F350 CC lariat ultimate dually with nav, line x, more mods comming
Y2K 4x4 250 PSD Xcab, auto, way too many mods to list Broken March 2011, written off due to collision
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 02:58 AM

Thumbs up All Terrain tires

Here is where you can you can pick the best Terrain tyre as per your requirement check it out for all kind of tyres ..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in