I need of some advice (Brakes) - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension Discuss your wheels, tires, brakes & suspension topics here.

Forum sponsored by: Discount Tire

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I need of some advice (Brakes)

Ok so 2002 F350 SD. Front brakes are going to **** so Im probably going to replace the calipers and just do a brake job in the front with new rotors, pads, ect. The truck is lifted and is riding on 38" super swampers. Dont do tons of off road. But I wanted to know a good caliper to get not looking to burn a hole in my wallet but want a decent caliper. I also want to convert to stainless steel brake lines for the front. Im looking for longer one seeing as who I bought the truck left the stock lines on with the lift.
Pads and calipers Im fine on but those were the 2 things. Calipers and Stainless lines.
Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 02:39 PM

My Photos: (16)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
There are only two types of calipers for any vehicle. New calipers that came with the vehicle or available over the counter at dealer parts, or rebuilt calipers from core stock of salvage yards or ones turned in as cores. No aftermarket company makes new stock calipers.

For rebuilt calipers, these are done by a few national companies that private label the calipers for NAPA, Ford (Motorcraft), Wagner, Delco, Bendix, Raybestos, Autozone, Advance, O'Rileys, etc. The industry is so price competitive that you get what you pay for. Often the pricing is also factored for what hardware is included - shims, pins and boots, and even load calipers with pads.

Here you'll get varied answers about if someone had an issue at one named store or brand. Best to just figure out what you want to pay, check the local market for pricing and ask what comes with the caliper and what the warranty is.

Jack
Former Vehicle Test Manager - Friction Products
03 F350SC 4x4 6.0 Auto 5/30/03

YouTube Videos Google - TooManyToys

Step Lights;Painted Flanges; Bypass Oil Filter; Heated Mirror Switch; Reverse Lights; 7.3L Fuel Reg Shim; 6 Disc Radio Speed Volume Mod; Coolant Filter, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in