Need new tires - Goodyear Duratrac? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension Discuss your wheels, tires, brakes & suspension topics here.

Forum sponsored by: Discount Tire

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-08-2009, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need new tires - Goodyear Duratrac?

I'm looking to replace my BFG AT KOs. I'm running 295/75/16s.

I just got clued into these Duratracs from goodyear in a 285.

Has anyone run these tires? They seem pretty popular but I read a review from a diesel truck forum that claimedt there is a noticeable sway/flex in the sidewall that comes with them even though they're E rated.

Any advice would be appreciated. They look like a good tire in between a mudder and AT.

2015 F350 CCLB Lariat SRW
1988 Mustang GT 8.45 @ 160
2008 H+H 24' CL series V Nose Car Hauler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 08:16 AM

My Photos: (10)
I just put Duratrac 285s on my 2007 F250 Superduty 6.0 4 X 4 and have noticed essentially not difference in handling/sway between those and the previous 265 Duratracs, which seemed just fine to me.

'07 Ford Superduty F250 Supercab 6.0 Diesel...manual everything. Leer cap, buncha bars style grille inserts, black out carbon fiber look lights in mirrors, TrueTrac front diff, bed mats, seat covers, coolant filter, Sinister Oil Filter Cap, Blue Spring Kit, Specialty gauges, summer and winter wheel/tires sets, Energy Suspension bushings, FUMOTO oil drain valve, and...oh yeah...a bug shield in the front and a CUSTOM (must be custom...done anonymously by some A-hole that left the scene) dent in the tail gate.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 12:51 AM

My Photos: (0)
Garage
I have them on my '05 F250 in a 325/65/18 and don't care for them. I noticed more sway in them than my previous Toyo A/T's. They were great in the beginning with traction but towards the end, they slip a lot more on wet and snowy roads. Could be my tire size or rim size too. I don't know if I would get them again. Life on them has be good surprisingly. I'm at about 40k and should get some more out of them.

Tracy

'05 F250 CrewCab Diesel

'04 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 4" lift, 35's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in