Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Omaha, NE
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Odd tire problem
Hey guys, I got my Contis replaced under the recal, 5 new ones, same Brand, size and model.
Inflated them per door sticker, running empty all 4 rolled over to the extent it looked like I was rubbing a curb (but not on the outermost part, closer to the tread) of course the fronts were much worse. Truck drove dangerous, like 4 flat tires
Ford dealer is stumped, we checked pressure with multiple gauges at 65 psi, I even bought a new Snap-on gauge to triple verify LOL
Today, I bumped them up to max inflation pressure 80 psi just for an experiment, and the truck doesn't drive too bad, but of course they are a little rough riding now.
They are getting me a set of Michelin LTX M/S to replace them, but has anyone seen anything like this? It was all 4 which is odd.
I don't trust these tires of course now, if I have to run 80 psi empty, what happens when I am at 19K GCWR and have to take a corner? Not to mention almost 1000 miles at running at 65 PSI working the crap out of the sidewalls.
Just wondering if anyone else has seen anything like this
- 2013 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4, Tow Package, 6.7, 3.55s
- 2008 XLT Crew Cab 4x4, Tow Command, Camper Special, Monroe Gas-magnums A GOOD OLD FRIEND OFF TO A NEW OWNER
- 2002 F250 S/C 4x4 PSD, 4 inch turbo back, zoodad, pre-pump and tank mods, QLJ5/PMT1 Tipton Econotune, Sonnax/Tricumulator, ISSPRO under cubby mount gauges, Prodigy controller, 3.5 inch rear blocks, KYB Monomax Shocks...GONE BUT MISSED
- 1971 F100 Ranger XLT shortbed 4x4, 445 FE, hotrod resto
- 1970 Fastback Mustang, SEFI 489 cid FE, TKO-600 5 speed, 4.11 9 inch, ported KC alum heads