Ride-Rite 2535 airbags - Page 2 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension Discuss your wheels, tires, brakes & suspension topics here.

Forum sponsored by: Discount Tire

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 01:10 PM

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What's the cost on that wireless set up if done yourself?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 10:29 PM

Installed mine today.

driller, the Firestone wireless set-up with compressor was $350 online. I just installed mine today. Having a bit of trouble getting it to respond/inflate/deflate right now. I must have a loose connection somewhere. I'll get into it tomorrow. Fairly easy system to install. I went above the spare tire on mine.

2013 F350 6.7L CC DRW KR in Kodiak Brown with Firestone bags and Airlift compressor and controller. Factory hitch prep with B&W hitch, all pulling the W&P 40 FK toyhauler.

Sold - 2011 F250 6.7L SD CC KR with Firestone airbags and Airlift wireless compressor ( Firestone wireless compressor --> GONE, what junk! ), B&W gooseneck hitch and Pullrite Superglide 5th wheel hitch. 5er, Work and Play 40FK toyhauler.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 11:40 PM Thread Starter

Does the wireless remote system have the ability to control the bags seperately ?

2011 F-350 Lariat Ultimate pkg. SRW, C.C., LWB, 4x4, 3.55 ELD
2010 Montana Mountaineer 345 DBQ (5th)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 10:40 AM

I use the Airlift 72000 on my 03 and its been on there since new. I put the compressor and manifold in a battery box mounted on the frame below the passenger side door. Yes the controller does work the bags seperatly.
post #20 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 07:16 PM

PerryB, yes the Firestone system has the ability to adjust each corner independantly, front or rear only and all four together.

2013 F350 6.7L CC DRW KR in Kodiak Brown with Firestone bags and Airlift compressor and controller. Factory hitch prep with B&W hitch, all pulling the W&P 40 FK toyhauler.

Sold - 2011 F250 6.7L SD CC KR with Firestone airbags and Airlift wireless compressor ( Firestone wireless compressor --> GONE, what junk! ), B&W gooseneck hitch and Pullrite Superglide 5th wheel hitch. 5er, Work and Play 40FK toyhauler.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #21 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 08:15 PM

My Photos: (7)
interesting

I didn't need air bags on mine at all with 4500# of hitch load and payload..

Must be something with the 2011's.

New Truck
2012 F150 SuperCrew Lariat 157" VWE
-------------------
Traded March 2013
2008 F450 CC Lariat White/Gold, JAD Solutions Lights, 62 Gal Titan, B&W Hitch, Gold Remote Start, TruckTrunk box, Viair 550+2x2.5gal receiver, 2010 NAV and Sync
---------------------
Traded In Nov 07:
2003 F250 CC LB XLT 4x2 PowerStroke, Captains Chairs, White/Parchment, Torqshift, Heated Mirrors, Trailer hitch
post #22 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 08:57 AM

You missed part of the thread. Under certain conditions some 6.4's and some 6.7's have driveline shudder. Some members have had larger carrier bearings put in under warranty, mine (6.4) didn't. My 6.7 is fine with the same, heavy, trailer. I'm also a lot happier with more power and better mileage LOL.
post #23 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-27-2011, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texascyclist View Post
driller, the Firestone wireless set-up with compressor was $350 online. I just installed mine today. Having a bit of trouble getting it to respond/inflate/deflate right now. I must have a loose connection somewhere. I'll get into it tomorrow. Fairly easy system to install. I went above the spare tire on mine.
I take it bags are not included? Add the bags and what does that run the cost to?
post #24 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-29-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by driller View Post
I take it bags are not included? Add the bags and what does that run the cost to?
You're looking at around 550 - 600 for both if you install yourself. Just look on the WEB, pleanty of companies selling them...

2011 F250 Lariat CC SRW 6.7L PSD
Duraflap Mud Flaps
Firestone Air Bags with Airlift wireless compressor
2011 Jayco Octane T29A Toy Hauler
2004 F250 Lariat CC SRW 6.0L PSD (Traded)
post #25 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texascyclist View Post
Having a bit of trouble getting it to respond/inflate/deflate right now. I must have a loose connection somewhere. I'll get into it tomorrow. Fairly easy system to install. I went above the spare tire on mine.
I have the Firestone Wireless controller and bags as well. Originally put the ECU, valves, and compressor on top of the spare. Wireless controller would not work in cab, only standing next to rear wheel. Called Firestone and they admitted that they have had complaints that the wireless controller won't always reach if the ECU was placed at the rear of the truck (mind you they advertise 50ft range).

I moved the ECU and the valves up in front of the spare, just behind the B&M, and it still won't work from the cab. Looks like I'm going to have to move the ECU and valves all the way up under the cab to get the remote to reach. Of course that requires running a lot more airline and more potential for leaks.

In short, I'm pretty disappointed with the firestone wireless controller's range, and more diappointed with their response of "yeah, we know, sorry."

I'd get the Airlift wireless if people are having better luck with the range on it.
post #26 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 11:14 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighop View Post
I have the Firestone Wireless controller and bags as well. Originally put the ECU, valves, and compressor on top of the spare. Wireless controller would not work in cab, only standing next to rear wheel. Called Firestone and they admitted that they have had complaints that the wireless controller won't always reach if the ECU was placed at the rear of the truck (mind you they advertise 50ft range).

I moved the ECU and the valves up in front of the spare, just behind the B&M, and it still won't work from the cab. Looks like I'm going to have to move the ECU and valves all the way up under the cab to get the remote to reach. Of course that requires running a lot more airline and more potential for leaks.

In short, I'm pretty disappointed with the firestone wireless controller's range, and more diappointed with their response of "yeah, we know, sorry."

I'd get the Airlift wireless if people are having better luck with the range on it.
Wow, sorry about that. What a disappointment. To add to the pain, the formerly cheaper Ride Rites are no longer cheaper. Firestone raised the prices on their bags about $50 to match AirLifts. There now is no reason to buy the Firestone product when the Airlift controller and bags are superior and the same price.

CURRENT: 17 F350 Platinum Ultimate
FORMER: 11 SD 6.7L CC SWB White Platinum Lariat Ultimate
post #27 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 11:19 AM

When I was researching, I could never find one brand recommended over the other. I doubt the bags are really any different, and IIRC, the firestone bag install is slightly less complicated than Airlift bags, but neither is terrible. You can use either controller with either set of bags, they all just use 1/4" airline...

Either way, if anyone's looking in the future and come across this, go with the Airlifts...
post #28 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 08:04 PM

bighop, I had the same issue. I've just resigned myself to adjusting the bags when I'm loading/unloading or hitching/unhitching, which is for the most part the appropriate time to adjust anyway. I have mine above the spare and I ain't movin' em.

post #29 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-01-2011, 08:28 PM

Taking the plunge, but I pull both goosneck & Fifth wheel. What setup would you recomend? Only looking at the wireless systems!

Last edited by driller; 09-01-2011 at 08:35 PM.
post #30 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-01-2011, 11:07 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by driller View Post
Taking the plunge, but I pull both goosneck & Fifth wheel. What setup would you recomend? Only looking at the wireless systems!
Definitely the AirLift bags and on-board compressor system. With Firestone raising its prices recently, there is no longer any advantage to those.

CURRENT: 17 F350 Platinum Ultimate
FORMER: 11 SD 6.7L CC SWB White Platinum Lariat Ultimate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in