Ride-Rite 2535 airbags - Page 4 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension Discuss your wheels, tires, brakes & suspension topics here.

Forum sponsored by: Discount Tire

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-19-2011, 11:11 PM

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have the Ride-Rites on my 2011 King Ranch and simply fill them manually. I mounted the 2 fill positions about 1 1/2 inches forward of the license plate lights on each side. Actually all I had to do was drill holes through the plastic to mount the schrader valves. I bought mine to accomplish 2 purposes. (1) keep my headlights properly aimed when the trailer is hitched up. (2) keep all suspension components aligned as much as I can like they were when the bed is empty. I therefore must take measurements before and after and add air until the measurements are right and then recheck my air pressure when unloaded. Then in the future I can establish that pressure and hook up the fiver and I'm good to go.

New ... 2011 White Platinum King Ranch FX4 SWB w/All the Goodies. It's stock and will stay that way

Old ... 2006 6.0 White King Ranch 4x4 SB, Tow Command,Indy Engine built 8/29/05
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 08:29 AM

That's the same reason I installed them on my truck. I have the DRW so there is no issue of carrying the 5er. I just get tired of getting flashed.

John
post #48 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hagen View Post
Follow-up on my problem of not being able to air up more than about 40psi...

I'd sent an email to tech support explaining the issue and asked for advice. No response since it was Friday and today I was tired of waiting. I disconnected the output line from the compressor and installed a schrader (sp?) valve. This way I could use the home compressor to pressurize the air springs to determine if the pressure regulator was the problem or the compressor.

I pumped the system up to 85 psi with no problem. I let it sit for a couple of hours and no pressure loss. So, to me, that indicated a bad compressor. Called tech support and they gave me an RMA to return the compressor. As I was removing the compressor I found a loose fitting that was inside a piece of wire loom I had installed, but forgot there was a fitting in there. Duh! Snugged it down and all is well. Sometimes I'd just like to smack myself...

Tomorrow I'll call tech support, fess up it was my mistake and cancel the RMA. I'm just glad it is now working!

John
John... Glad to hear you got it working... It's always something. Don't know where you ran the compressor intake line but there is a hold under the carpet floor behind the back seat driver side (under the tire changing hardware). It runs under the truck. I ran my intake there.. Keeps it nice and dry...

2011 F250 Lariat CC SRW 6.7L PSD
Duraflap Mud Flaps
Firestone Air Bags with Airlift wireless compressor
2011 Jayco Octane T29A Toy Hauler
2004 F250 Lariat CC SRW 6.0L PSD (Traded)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 06:56 PM

Any opinions welcome! Just curious as to why the AirLift bags are thought to be the better than the Firestones. I'm about to pull the trigger on the whole setup and want to get the best that I can afford.

Thanks,
BH
post #50 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-28-2011, 09:25 AM

I have owned Firestone air bags on two trucks and found them to be satisfactory. From what I've read on Ford forums either brand is about the same quality and performance. Firestones were $50 cheaper and that was an incentive. Since they are both approximately the same price go with the one you can get the best price. The Air Lift 72000 wireless compressor is also the way to go.

New - 2011 F250 CC PSD SWB Lariat FX4 Oxford White - Pale Adobe Interior
Build date: 2-4-2011
Firestone 2535 air bags
Air Lift 72000 wireless compressor
Leer Cap - matching paint
2008 Cardinal 31RKT
Traded - 2006 F250 CC PSD SWB King Ranch FX4 Oxford White/AZ Beige
post #51 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-07-2015, 03:24 PM

Bringing back an old thread, does anyone remember what size sockets and wrenches they need to install these? I'm at my parents house and not sure they have all the right tools needed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in