Shocks? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension Discuss your wheels, tires, brakes & suspension topics here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Shocks?

It is time for new shocks and was wondering what I should get. This is a non lifted truck if that helps.

Griz

02 F250, 4X4, 4R100, 3.73, B&M Transmission Pan, Edge CTS Digital Gage, Tymar 4" Exhaust, Tymar Intake & HPX & TS 6 Position Chip. IH Bellowed Up-Pipes, RiffRaff AIH delete plug, Riffraff FRx Kit. 6.0 Transmission Cooler. Dieselsite Coolant filter & Transmission filter & 203 Thermostat & WW2 & TurboMaster & inter-cooler boots. BD CCV filter. Driven Diesel Fuel Tank Mod & Pre-Pump Filter. John Wood's valve body.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 03:34 PM

I use KYB mono max and have liked them for 5 yrs
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 03:50 PM

My Photos: (24)
Garage
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Very happy with the Bilstein HD 4600 Series shocks. Far superior than the stock Rancho's.

2005 F-350 CC, LB, 4x4, Dually, 6.0 Powerstroke, Torqueshift, 4:10 Gears. Gooseneck and rear pull hitches. "Truck Covers USA" roll up aluminum tonneau cover. Putco Boss Running Boards. Aluminum finned diff covers. Bilstein HD shocks. ProComp steering stabilizer. XRF ball joints. NC Hornet CCV mod. RCD egr delete kit. AirDog fuel system. Strictly Diesel's regulated fuel and coolant return lines kits. Amsoil oil bypass (by NUC Motorsports) and homebuilt coolant bypass kits. CFM intake elbow. ARP head studs with factory gaskets and all upgrades. FICM by Ed with Atlas 40 tune, DC Power 185 amp alternator, MBRP 304SS "Cool Dual" exhaust system. SCT Livewire tuner with pyrometer. Autometer 'A' pillar gauges (Boost/Trans temp/Pyrometer/Fuel Pressure). 850 CCA Motorcraft Batteries. Using Rotella T-6 synthetic oil. Upgraded degas tank and cap. Hayes deep aluminum trans pan. GoGo Diesel modified direct clutch solenoid. Retro Solutions HID head and fog lights. High idle mod. Jimmi-Jammers. +More.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordsforever73 View Post
Very happy with the Bilstein HD 4600 Series shocks. Far superior than the stock Rancho's.
I had Bilstein's on my old truck and like you I liked them. I don't know much about KYB shocks but will check them out also.

Thanks everyone for the inputs so far.

Griz

02 F250, 4X4, 4R100, 3.73, B&M Transmission Pan, Edge CTS Digital Gage, Tymar 4" Exhaust, Tymar Intake & HPX & TS 6 Position Chip. IH Bellowed Up-Pipes, RiffRaff AIH delete plug, Riffraff FRx Kit. 6.0 Transmission Cooler. Dieselsite Coolant filter & Transmission filter & 203 Thermostat & WW2 & TurboMaster & inter-cooler boots. BD CCV filter. Driven Diesel Fuel Tank Mod & Pre-Pump Filter. John Wood's valve body.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrocker View Post
I use KYB mono max and have liked them for 5 yrs
Do you know what the P/N of the KYB shocks you are using is?

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 11:12 AM

I'm sorry no I don't I got them at tirerack.com I
have a 2000 f250 c/c 7.3 4x4 stock lift just look
it up I also carry a 3000# lance camper in the back
and the KYB's work very good still
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrocker View Post
I'm sorry no I don't I got them at tirerack.com I
have a 2000 f250 c/c 7.3 4x4 stock lift just look
it up I also carry a 3000# lance camper in the back
and the KYB's work very good still
Okay Thanks.

Griz

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 06:18 AM

I have Rancho RS9000XL adjustable shocks and they are great. The nice thing is they can be adjusted for different loads/ conditions.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1999.5 F-250, 7.3L powerstroke diesel, extended cab Super Duty,short box, 8'-6" Fisher XTREMEV snowplow,Hypertech power programmer III,Banks Trans Command,Detroit locker in rear end,6 disc cd changer,brush quard,2 1/2" Tuff country leveling kit in front,285/75/16" ,Goodyear MT/R with Kevlar tires on MB wheels,Rancho RS9000X shocks
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnpowerstroke99.5 View Post
I have Rancho RS9000XL adjustable shocks and they are great. The nice thing is they can be adjusted for different loads/ conditions.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Decisions...decisions. Thanks everyone for your inputs. The three brands that have been mentioned seem to be the most popular. Are there any others out there?

Griz

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 11:35 PM

My diesel fix it buddy told me to install Monroe Matrix's,,, and I did do what he said. They seem to work fine,,but I have not had any load on the chassis as of yet.

2002 PSD, 4x4, coolant filter,SCT Tuner,AIS air filter otherwise bone stock with low miles but updates in the future.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-28-2014, 02:12 AM

There's a lot of new improve shocks right now. I heard a lot about ranchos and bilstein. To confuse were to chose. Guide us.

I am an immigrant from India and English not so good. But I love my F150 97 and want to write here.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 04:33 AM

You can't go wrong with Bilstein or Rancho. But personally, I prefer Bilstein's. Better ride quality and handling.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-10-2014, 11:10 PM

With out a doubt, you will get the best ride quality and handling out of Bilstein shocks. I have sold those, along with Tokico, Koni and others, for quite a few years. Bilstein lasts the longest typically. They are over-engineered. I've used them on other 4x4 rigs, old muscle cars, track cars, etc. Cant go wrong. KYB's, are not terrible, just cheaper and will need to be replaced sooner than a Bilstein. Keep in mind, far more often than not, you get what you pay for.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-10-2014, 11:26 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (1)
Ditto on the mono max.Had the back go out at about 4yrs.they replaced them no questions.
The Ranch adjustable model sits next to the check out at Napa,but shocks are not on the list,as sweet as they look and look like they would perform!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in