Sulastic Rubber Springs - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension Discuss your wheels, tires, brakes & suspension topics here.

Forum sponsored by: Discount Tire

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (1)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sulastic Rubber Springs

Anyone tried the Sulastic Rubber Springs on their 2011 SD? Here is the link...I've been thinking of trying them for an even softer ride in the rear...does not impact capacity or towing numbers.

Here's the link... https://www.sulastic.com/Default.aspx

Give me your thoughts.

2011-First Diesel Ever!
2011-F350 SRW King Ranch, 20" wheels, all the bells and whistles...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011, 03:00 PM

My Photos: (0)
Subscribing to this thread. I too would like some feedback. Seems much for feasible to do then coming up with all the money it would take for air ride. Plus less parts to maintain.

2017 F450 Lariat Ultimate
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 10:41 AM

My Photos: (5)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have them on my lifted 2002 4x4. I noticed a huge difference in the slow speed ride around town but not much at hi way speeds. I put them on the front and rear. I've been riding on them for 3 weeks now. I notice the truck feels a bit squishy when your dodging a pot hole. Feels like the tires are a little low. maybe that's because I have them up front to, I did have BFGoodrich 315x75R16 D rated tires on the truck till 3 days ago. Now, it has 37x12.50R20 nitto dune grapplers which are E rated. This wheel/tire combo has put my ride right back to what it was before the sulastic springs. Wish I would have stayed with the D rated tires.
And the truck still has the squishy feel to it when you jerk the wheel to dodge the pot hole, with the new wheels/tires.

IMO, defiantly go with the sulastic on the rear. you will notice a difference over speed bumps and choppy dirt roads.

2002 7.3 F-250 4x4 Lariat crewcab SWB
DP Tuner 80HP Economy flashed PCM
zoodad mod, harpooned tank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (1)
Anyone done the install on a 2011 SD? Wondering how the ride is affected, and how the install went?

2011-First Diesel Ever!
2011-F350 SRW King Ranch, 20" wheels, all the bells and whistles...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseMan-AR View Post
Anyone done the install on a 2011 SD? Wondering how the ride is affected, and how the install went?

I installed a set in my 2011 F350 DRW a couple of weeks ago. My goal was an improved ride quality, especially in regard to highway driving on concrete highways. My truck seems to be particularly bouncy in relation to the expansion joint chatter - you know the sections that make it hard to talk without your voice sounding funny, and your belly bouncing!? Ha

Anyway, the rubber shackles did not seem to generate any appreciable difference in ride quality. I was quite disappointed, and even planned to spend the 3-4 hours to uninstall them. I had gone so far as to get an RMA # from sulastic so that i could send them back for a refund. I then decided that I would mount a video camera (I have some backup cameras lying around for a future install) to verify that the things do not move. I was surprised that they do move more than expected. It does take larger bumps to make them work though. Anyway, I then decided that I would leave them in. This decision was based more on my laziness than anything else though, since I really don't feel the improvement in ride that I was hoping to find.

Bottom line, I do not recommend the sulastic springs. They must help a little over the larger bumps since I can see them moving with the camera, but in my opinion, the shackles do nothing for the highway driving that I was hoping to improve.

The install wasn't too painful, 3-4 hours work.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 11:04 PM

I should have mentioned that I have a 60 gallon RDS auxiliary fuel tank/toolbox combo in the bed, which should help the ride somewhat too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in