EX cab bushings - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Power Stroke Excursions Technical discussion of the Ford Excursion SUV with the Power Stroke diesel.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EX cab bushings

I just ordered a set of the poly cab bushings for my 2000 EX. I checked the "stealer" they only showed 3 of 12 across the country. That I doubt but I want to do them all.
I have a horrible creaking noise under the passenger front floor board. It mostly happens when going in and out of driveways and hitting bumps. I am assuming it is the cab bushings. Texas truck 157k. I have ruled out sway bar bushings, end links and upper shackle bushings.
Anyone used the poly set from Daystar? Any advise? I have seen lots of YouTube vids about trucks but none on Excursions. Maybe I will make one. And cut out all the cussing I will be doing.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 08:45 PM

I only use black Energy polyurethane on all my vehicles, and all those I'm paid to fix.

https://www.energysuspensionparts.co...cri=8,1&filter

It's superior to any vulcanized rubber (like factory) and all other brands & colors of poly (including red Energy).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 10:06 AM

My Photos: (1)
Garage
The first thing that grabs me is that we are talking about a 19 year old truck with 157,000 miles on it. If you are going to replace any of the bushings I would strongly consider replacing them all. What do they look like when inspecting them? Are they cracked or coming apart or do they look "okay?" Body mount noise is usually caused by looseness that allows the body to move in top of the bushing. Re-torquing them is rarely effective because they have hardened and compressed. Replacing them requires loosening all of the mounts on one side and lifting the body off the frame so if you are going to put in the effort to access the bolts (in an Excursion from the rear seats back is a PIA) you may as well do them all. Just my opinion... I have been there and done that. Also, if you are not sure where the noise is coming from the use of Chassis Ears is extremely helpful in detecting and locating the source.

Full product catalog: https://www.steelmantools.com/diagno...vibration.html

A basic set that works just fine and won't drain your wallet: https://www.tooltopia.com/steelman-6...xoCeWsQAvD_BwE

If you are truly interested in this tool so a search and you can probably shave a few bucks off the price.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2019 Ford Fusion ENERGI Titanium Plug-in Hybrid
Ford Senior Master Diesel Technician

Diesel Technician Society
Diesel Mentor Directory

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Energy suspension does not offer cab bushings for the Excursion. I already talked directly to them.
Agreed I plan to do them all. I had a buddy riding in the passenger front seat yesterday. He said the grinding noise was coming from just under the floor on the passenger side. I will probably be waiting till winter to do the job. WAY too hot here in S Texas for a job like that now days.

99.5 F250 4x4

2000 Excursion 4x4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Stroke Excursions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in