Excursion seat swaps - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Power Stroke Excursions Technical discussion of the Ford Excursion SUV with the Power Stroke diesel.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Excursion seat swaps

Anyone here swap their excursion center or rear seats for newer ones? Is this even possible? I know you can swap up to 2015 super duty seats into older 2000's and up. Is this possible with an Excursion. For example, could you stick 2015 rear CC seats into the back of the Excursion?

2001 F-250 XLT 4x4 7.3; 146,000 miles; 4R100
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 02:46 PM

I've been looking to replace my front buckets with a 40/20/40 front bench seat for some time now. And in my research, which includes discussions with a few people, I recall them mentioning that seats from a 2014 and older would bolt right in. I haven't found a seat in my area that looked right to buy and try it. I've got a grey cloth interior and am not about to spend $600+ on a front bench that I'll have to pay another $500 to have reupholstered to match. At least not yet. However it may come to that.

2001 Excursion XLT 7.3L 2x4 205K
DPTuner, Air Springs, F-350 rear springs, 5R100 TC, John Woods engine/trans spacer, RedHead steering gearbox, Hellwig rear sway bar, Bilstein shocks

2010 Jayco Eagle
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 08:18 PM

Get a center seat from a f350 f250 Truck (1999-2008) make sure you get the seatbelt as well, it is a direct bolt in, But you will need to remove the armrest mount off each front seat, 30 seconds with a sawzall after you unbolt the armrests, i have done this several times its easy

2015 KR Dually CC 4X4 Bronze Fire HC
2011 KR Dually CC 4X4 Royal Red
2005 Eddie Bauer Excursion 4X4 ,White

Last edited by STMPDUST; 02-22-2019 at 08:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STMPDUST View Post
Get a center seat from a f350 f250 Truck (1999-2008) make sure you get the seatbelt as well, it is a direct bolt in, But you will need to remove the armrest mount off each front seat, 30 seconds with a sawzall after you unbolt the armrests, i have done this several times its easy

I've thought about that. And have actually looked into buying one. But my other problem is the side bolster on my driver's seat is so worn, and the cushion is breaking down, that I thought it best to find a newer seat, full seat, that had less wear/miles on it.

2001 Excursion XLT 7.3L 2x4 205K
DPTuner, Air Springs, F-350 rear springs, 5R100 TC, John Woods engine/trans spacer, RedHead steering gearbox, Hellwig rear sway bar, Bilstein shocks

2010 Jayco Eagle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Stroke Excursions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in