Ford OEM Excursion Parts Becoming Obsolete - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Power Stroke Excursions Technical discussion of the Ford Excursion SUV with the Power Stroke diesel.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ford OEM Excursion Parts Becoming Obsolete

It seems that every time I talk to my parts manager at the dealership there are becoming more and more parts that are NLA. Does anyone have a list of the parts that are becoming obsolete that we should be stocking up on now? Are there any parts that others might recommend to buy a spare of while they are available?

2001 Excursion XLT 7.3L 2x4 205K
DPTuner, Air Springs, F-350 rear springs, 5R100 TC, John Woods engine/trans spacer, RedHead steering gearbox, Hellwig rear sway bar, Bilstein shocks

2010 Jayco Eagle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 07:46 PM

Every part is "becoming obsolete". Some (like instrument clusters & interior panels) are just going to be gone sooner than others (like tires & brakes). Stock up on any part you expect to need before you're ready to sell your Ex.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

Hi Steve83, Yeah. You have a point. I was more or less talking about the immediate parts that are NLA. Such as the parts for repairing the rear A/C or the roof rack, as an example. The higher volume parts for the Excursion that are used on the F-250 & F-350 still seem to be available.

DPTuner, Air Springs, F-350 rear springs, 5R100 TC, John Woods engine/trans spacer, RedHead steering gearbox, Hellwig rear sway bar, Bilstein shocks

2010 Jayco Eagle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 10:04 AM

Is there some problem with your rear air? Or roof rack? Do you expect problems from them? If not, I don't see why it matters that the parts may not be available new. Most of the parts for my '83 Bronco have been unavailable for decades. A few were unavailable for a while, and then went back into production (like windshield trim clips, and cab step supports). If I can't find something I need new, I either buy it used (JY, eBay, CL, etc.), or build it myself, or replace it with a newer part (which is why my '83 Bronco looks a whole lot like a '93 Bronco now).

(phone app link)

(phone app link)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve83 View Post
Is there some problem with your rear air? Or roof rack? Do you expect problems from them?

As a matter of fact, yes. Which is why I thought I'd ask if there were other Excursion specific parts that I personally haven't had fail, but others have, that I could gather now.

I agree with you, if I can't find a new part, I would find a used part, make one myself or modify a new part to fit. But if I can find a new part that is available now, that others have had to replace, and I wasn't aware of, why not buy it and potentially save my self some time and headache in the future.

One of the main things that drove me to begin this thread is that I've heard some people have disconnected their rear A/C because the parts are unavailable to repair it. Me personally, I want to keep all features/options fully functional. Even if it takes me re-engineering/manufacturing the necessary parts myself.

But if I can buy it now why not?

2010 Jayco Eagle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Stroke Excursions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in