Lift my Excursion...? Let's see yours! - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Power Stroke Excursions Technical discussion of the Ford Excursion SUV with the Power Stroke diesel.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 12:31 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lift my Excursion...? Let's see yours!

Thinking about lifting my 05. Would like to see what you guys have and what kit you went with and why. I am thinking about going all spring and staying away from blocks in the rear. Input...?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 09:20 AM

My Photos: (3)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
How high? Tire size?

IMO..no wrong way to lift these if your staying under 6" These are not trucks and need different methods to get the best ride quality and performance. You could incorporate a Deaver rear mini spring pack into a B code rear spring pack to lessen the rear block height. I have helped hundreds fit the Ex suspension problems. PM me if I can help.

Tons of posts about Ex. suspension mods..good reading.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 06:34 PM

My Photos: (7)
Mine is 3"s, I used springs in the front and a little bigger block in the rear along with air bags but these stay deflated until I tow, they are not any part of the lift. I think I would like to go to 4"s but I am not ready to do all this work for 1 inch. The ride improved a lot and the looks 1000%. This lift has been on for over 200,000 miles with -0- problems, I am even on the original U-Joints. Although I like the look of 6"s I still drive mine daily and tow heavy so I just leave it alone. Some day when it is retired to a toy I will go bigger.

2003 7.3 Excursion Limited Ultimate, Mineral Grey Metalic. DVD, Limited Slip, Badged, Cab Lights, Magnaflow, Thule Rack, Top Gun Bumper, 3" Lift, T Prodigy, Air Bags, Edge Programer, XM Radio, Extreme sound system. PIAA Lights, Toyo 325/60/18s on Chrome Alum rims.

Last edited by MotionMan; 05-02-2011 at 07:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 10:40 AM

I have a 2 in lift with 35X12.50 FCII on it. I get a little rub when I turn to full lock.

Caryt - I will send you a PM, I have the "Can't keep it on the road" issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	04 EB ex.jpg
Views:	36790
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	7367  

2004 EB Excursion. A few mods
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 10:57 AM

6" Superlift springs in front with add a leaf and blocks in the rear. I went with this one because of the price and the fact that it had a 10 leaf pack in the front compared to others that had only 5-6. Pretty smooth ride and no problems with blocks in the rear. I never put a longer drive shaft which I need and tried to correct the axle wrap with bars Since putting it on in '05 still same u-joints but diff started to leak last year and had to replace pinion seal. All in all a pretty good bolt on system that I did over 2 days. Good luck.

One final note, with add a leaf there are no anti rattle pads on the leaf that you add so after a while it will begin to squeak. I hated it when I would pull up somewhere and everyone is checking out your truck, trust me as soon as you lift it you will get more attention then you ever did before , and as you went by the smallest bump would send out these awful squeaks and squeels. I finally just cut up some prestone jugs and put the plastics between the installed add a leaf section. It lasts for a while till they fall out of just rub away.

2000 Excursion Limited PSD 4X4 Green/Tan 5" Superlift Selectride, Bilsteins, 35" BFG A/T, 16X10 Eagle Alloys, 3.73 gears, 203 Thermostat Turbo back 4" Banks Exhaust, 5" tip, Superchips 1705 Power Programmer,K&N Cold Air Intake,DVD system and Audiovox LCD monitor, Custom Bumper,4 KC Hilites

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 11:08 AM

4" bracket lift w/315's. A slight rub at lock due to my front springs being completely trashed.

'00 Excursion Limited- 4" lift, Vcodes/F350 block, 315/75/16's, airbags, ATS ported housing, Riffraff's FRx, HPx & I/C boot kit, DiPricol Optix- Pyro/Boost/Trans, DP Tuner-80tow, Drive-Thru, 80econo, 120race, 4" MBRP, 6637, 6.0 I/C, AIH delete, Foil delete, Auto Enginuity .
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 07:34 AM

I'm currently running the Procomp 4" with the replacement front springs and the rear add-a-leafs and blocks. So far so good. I have 315/70/17 BFG ATs on, but will install 37/13.50 Toyo MTs next week...I'll post pictures and let you know how they fit. So far with the 315s I have no rub and lots of room. The kit rides nice and firm, took care of that "wallowing" feeling on the bumps and corners nice. No squeaks yet. Nice bonus is that it came with the replacement pitman arm.

Rob

'01 Excursion
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 04:06 PM

Just a FYI the Toyo's MT's suck in the wet and Howl
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 06:49 PM

My Photos: (54)
Send a message via AIM to dvldog458
I went with the

BDS 8" all spring system with 37" tires. Pretty straight forward kit...but I did have to get a new driveshaft made to get rid of the bad vibe underneath.

http://photos.thedieselstop.com/data.../sewaren-3.jpg
http://photos.thedieselstop.com/data.../sewaren-2.jpg

2004 Excursion Limited 4x4 6.0L
BDS 8" lift, 2.5" shackle kit w/ 40" Nitto Mud Grapplers, 20x10 Jesse James wheels, SCT tuner (Elite Diesel) A-1 H-11 Head studs, Dieselsite coolant filter

Last edited by dvldog458; 06-08-2010 at 06:13 PM.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caryt View Post
Just a FYI the Toyo's MT's suck in the wet and Howl
It will be my first time on the Toyos, thanks for the heads-up. I plan on sipping them as soon as I can; I've had great improvement out of BFG MTs in the past doing that. Especially on ice, a huge difference in traction!

Rob
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 08:55 PM

DouglasH, what did you do to lift your ex? I love the look.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasH View Post
I have a 2 in lift with 35X12.50 FCII on it. I get a little rub when I turn to full lock.

Caryt - I will send you a PM, I have the "Can't keep it on the road" issue.
Agreed, looks great, but what is the can't keep it on the road issue?
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 01:42 PM

Week factory springs and no or too small of a rear sway bar all combined with lousy shocks..wandering
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 03:57 PM

this is 4" v and b codes with front 3" donahoe hanger and rear 4" blocks.
bilsteins front and rear...hellwig rear swaybar.

Thanks to Caryt !!!

about 70,000 miles second set of tires. about 20% of miles with a trailer.

Truck drives straight as an arrow, and smooth like a Cadillac, compared to before(all over the road)

Lift my Excursion...?  Let's see yours!-excursionprocompsltside.jpg

Lift my Excursion...?  Let's see yours!-excursionprocompslftcrn.jpg

03 Excursion - 6.0 powerstroke,S&B Filter, Prodigy brake assist, 4 pod gauge on A, v's and moded b's with 3" hanger Front DR Resevoirs and rear bilsteins, rear hellwig, 35" Xterrains, 18x9 Revolvers
2008 G35x Black/Black

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

JOE
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 12:17 PM

I am getting ready to put 2" suspension lift on my 03 Eddie B. 6.0 I have ordered 20x12 rims will I be able to clear 35's?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Stroke Excursions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in