No Boundaries X just arrived! - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Power Stroke Excursions Technical discussion of the Ford Excursion SUV with the Power Stroke diesel.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-23-2001, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No Boundaries X just arrived!

I picked up my No Boundaries X from the dealer on Thursday after waiting about 7 weeks, a little longer wait than usual I guess.
I am really stoked with the truck, I'm only about halfway through the first tank, computer says 14.7 mpg, I'll check it with the calculator when I fill, and diesel prices are 25 to 50 cents less a gallon than premium in my area, yaa hoo!
I've been driving a 99 superduty crewcab, but the X's ride is pretty soft in comparison, so I don't think I'll mess with the shocks or suspension just yet, I guess someone making the move from a Lincoln Towncar to an X might find fault with the ride, but not me.
The first thing I did was take the X to Hitch-Masters in Van Nuys, CA, they unbolted the OEM class 4 hitch and installed a custom made class 5 with a 15,000# rating. I'm really impressed by their workmanship, the hitch is probably the strongest part of the truck now. All for only $375.
I've included some photos in my sig (let me know if doesn't work right, I'm new to Photopoint), check out the new 2002 headlights, they're pretty sleek.
Troy Waters

2019 4x4 "Limited" F350 SRW 6.7L CrewCab Short Bed.

2007 4x4 F550 DRW 6.0L CrewCab Long Bed. RealPower 12kw PTO Driven Generator. Kelderman Air-Ride Suspension. 25,000# Hitchmasters Hitch, Road Armor Front & Rear Bumpers, Mag-Hytec Tranny Pan, Banks 3 Gauge A-Pillar, Banks Six-Gun w/ Ram-Air Intake & Monster Dual Exhaust, Banks SpeedBrake, C-Betr Mirrors.

2001 4x4 "No Boundaries" 7.3L Excursion. Banks Powerpack w/ Monster Exhaust & Power Elbow, BTS Tranny, Code "X" Springs, 4" Rear Blocks, RS9000X, BFG TA/KO 295's, BFT Grille, Banks 3 Gauge A-Pillar, AIC, Ride-Rites w/ Compressor & Tank, C-Betr Mirrors, PSWL, 15,000# Hitchmasters Hitch, Mag-Hytec Tranny Pan & Rear Diff. Cover, TYMAR Intake, Removed Cladding, Stitchcraft Custom Console, 3 Kenwood TV's, DVD, VCR, Back-up Camera, 3 360 watt Rockford Fosgate Amps, Cerwin Vega Separates and 12" Cerwin Vega Subwoofer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-23-2001, 10:36 PM

Re: No Boundaries X just arrived!

capntroy,

That is a fine looking unit! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] I think that if Ford offered matched colored cladding, you might see guys leaving theirs on. The front really looks clean with the black grille and those headlights. I still like chrome bumpers on trucks. That beast is going to be fun to keep clean, I know my other vehicle only came in black, and it keeps me busy. I feel the same way you do about the ride, I came from a '87 [email protected]#$%% with a lift and 33's, that is a harsh ride, and I am enjoying the ride of my X. Have Fun with the beast! [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

2001 PSD Excursion Limited Estate Green-
Stock-BTS Trans (Mechanical Diode Failure at 75k)
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-24-2001, 06:28 AM

My Photos: (21)

She's a beauty! Congratulations. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

What's the MSRP on that beast?

Bilge Rat Association member with Ninja Wife
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-24-2001, 09:17 AM

Location: Lumberton, Republic of Texas , Hardin County . and US of A

That is one fine ride . That hitch looks awsone and should get the job done.

Now all you have to do is get that thing dirty and learn the joy of washing that tank [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] .

Oh I almost forgot your facial muscles are going to hurt for about a month because of that jackass eating catus BIG GRIN on your face. [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Let us know how the new headlights work. Most of ours are pathetic to say the least.

Thanks and take care,

<font color="red">~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~</font>
SMILES and the best to all**Ed-<font color="red">RETIRED</font>**OINKING-BILGE-RAT
<font color="red">FREEDOM IS NOT FREE ! ! !</font>
2005 LTD. X PSD 2WD FIBERGLASS RUNNINGBOARDS; SUNVISOR: REAR DEFLECTOR

<font color="00FF00">BENEFACTOR**<font color="red">NRA</font>**<font color="red">LIFER</font>**<font color="red">TX.ST.RIFLE ASSOC</font>**<font color="red">GOA</font>**<font color="00FF00">MEMBER</font>**<font color="00FF00">NRA/ILA</font>**<font color="red"> I VOTE ! DO YOU ? </font>**QUACK*QUACK ! ! !
<font color="00FF00">~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~</font>
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-24-2001, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

Hey Guys,
Thanks for the replies, I find myself volunteering for all the food runs at work now just so's I can fire up the beast.

UTAH: the MSRP on the No Boundries with all the crap is $46,860, but I thinks most buyers can get them now at invoice which is $41,965.

H ED S: The new lenses do put out a better spread of light as compared to my 99.
Superduty. I'm going to try and find some part numbers for the assemblies and I'll post it when I do. The front of the upper assembly says "Visteon" SAE-HR-02TF with the lower unit having SAE-AI4 P2P-02TF on it, I don't know if that helps at all.
Eric Romanoff at Ken Grody Ford in Buena Park, CA told me that he was going to stock up on the new lenses, so he might be a good contact, his number is 714-521-3110.

SCOTTT: I think I might take you up on your earlier offer to check out your rig, maybe I'll drive down to SD, I don't want you to have all the fun!

Troy

2007 4x4 F550 DRW 6.0L CrewCab Long Bed. RealPower 12kw PTO Driven Generator. Kelderman Air-Ride Suspension. 25,000# Hitchmasters Hitch, Road Armor Front & Rear Bumpers, Mag-Hytec Tranny Pan, Banks 3 Gauge A-Pillar, Banks Six-Gun w/ Ram-Air Intake & Monster Dual Exhaust, Banks SpeedBrake, C-Betr Mirrors.

2001 4x4 "No Boundaries" 7.3L Excursion. Banks Powerpack w/ Monster Exhaust & Power Elbow, BTS Tranny, Code "X" Springs, 4" Rear Blocks, RS9000X, BFG TA/KO 295's, BFT Grille, Banks 3 Gauge A-Pillar, AIC, Ride-Rites w/ Compressor & Tank, C-Betr Mirrors, PSWL, 15,000# Hitchmasters Hitch, Mag-Hytec Tranny Pan & Rear Diff. Cover, TYMAR Intake, Removed Cladding, Stitchcraft Custom Console, 3 Kenwood TV's, DVD, VCR, Back-up Camera, 3 360 watt Rockford Fosgate Amps, Cerwin Vega Separates and 12" Cerwin Vega Subwoofer.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-24-2001, 11:34 PM

My Photos: (6)

Aw man, you got clear lenses stock!! Plus the grille ain't half-bad looking. Congrats on the X, It's the nicest stocker I've seen yet. Not get that thing lifted and put some man-size tires on it. Then....

Scott

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<font color="red">PCM EBM2 </font color>
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-25-2001, 12:11 AM

Yep, about washing that beast...
Here in NV, dealers won't order a black vehicle for stock, or for a special order without a non-refundable deposit, because of the dust problem.
I found the perfect option for this diesel No Boundaries beast: a diesel-powered pressure washer, LMAO.
It's got electric start, but it actually starts with only one pull of the manual cable start. You should see it hop around when it first starts. It's a little noisy, but it sure sprays the water while just sipping the fuel.
When I went to the dealer to pick up my No Boundaries beast, I found it on the lot and looked it over before I went inside. There was some guy in a suit looking at it while I was doing that. He mentioned to me how great the black XPSD looked. Then the fleet manager came over and introduced me to "Mr West" of Jones-West Ford. Maybe they'll begin to order black for stock some day.
The headlights have a good spread, but mine hit the ground too close for my liking. I will have to adjust them myself, I guess.
Steve
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-25-2001, 07:23 AM

capntroy

Thanks for the info.

I forgot but if Ford has not changed the cross bars on the luggage rack I would remove them and store them . They rest on the paint and will wear it ooff like sandpaper. I would put them only when needed. I think Thuel makes some replacements that do not do this, not sure though.

Take care,

SMILES and the best to all**Ed-<font color="red">RETIRED</font>**OINKING-BILGE-RAT

<font color="00FF00">BENEFACTOR**<font color="red">NRA</font>**<font color="red">LIFER</font>**<font color="red">TX.ST.RIFLE ASSOC</font>**<font color="red">GOA</font>**<font color="00FF00">MEMBER</font>**<font color="00FF00">NRA/ILA</font>**<font color="red"> I VOTE ! DO YOU ? </font>**QUACK*QUACK ! ! !
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-30-2001, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

H ED S-any idea on the model number for those racks?
Troy

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-31-2001, 09:23 AM

My Photos: (6)

I don't know the model number, but there is a dealer, Performance Bicycle, that could tell you. They are at 17060 MAGNOLIA STREET
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, CA 92708 714-847-6882.

Scott

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<font color="red">PCM EBM2 </font color>
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-31-2001, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

Scottt-
hmmmm, Fountain Valley, sounds familiar, thanks for the tip.
Troy

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-31-2001, 10:18 PM

capntroy:
Super rig, love the all black. I too was going to mention removing the cross members of the rack.

POLR BR has a post awhile back with the part numbers for the Ford dealership purchase version of a track mounted rack that does not touch the roof (search for it). When I bought my X last October, I took the dealers one-time good price and bought that rack. It is a Yakima rack, with 78" cross-bars and standard height mounting towers. For times when you don't need the rack, you can remove the towers and bars, leaving only the tower mounting pad in the tracks. This will allow you to fit in a 7 foot high garage if you don't raise it too high...mine fits with 285s. The rack was something like $85 from Ford to the salesman. I've since been to our local bike shop and have the latest Yakima catalog. Everything in the world will mount to those 78" bars, up to and including 6 bikes...but you might need a crane to position them. [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
See if you can get the better price from your new found friend at Ford; compare with the bike shop. Good luck.

2000 Excursion LTD 4X4 6/00b:10/00p,Oxford White,PSD 3.73LS,HtdSeats,6CD;PCM:AXD1;Added:BFG285s;HuskeyL iners;Skidplate;FumotoValve;MudFlaps;BugDeflector;
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-01-2001, 01:49 PM

capntroy

Sorry I do not know the part numbers for the thiuel(SP) bars. You might call a few RV dealers. Also you can do a search on luggage racks. It was disscused a while back.

Take care and good luck.

ON EDIT : Type in { luggage crossbars } in the search section of the forum in the EXCURSION choice and their are a lot of hits there . One has YAKIMA and its part number is 785100 and it is supposed to fit the factory rack.

Their web link is:
www.yakima.com

Hope this helps.

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

My 7.3 Excursion is still going strong after almost 13 years, just crossed over a quarter million miles...

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 11:10 AM

That's pretty cool!

It looks like over the years you've done a lot of stuff to the X.

99(4/99)F350 PSD 4X4 crew cab long bed dually lariat isspro triple pod air bags with compressor, ais, adrenaline pump, muffler delete
99(6/99)F250 PSD 4X4 X-cab short bed xlt 5in str8 piped air bags autometer ultra light triple pod bought 8/15/01 w/40k miles first diesel
00(12/99)Excursion PSD 4X4 limited triple pod Rancho 9K's (JUNK SHOCKS), muffler delete
02(12/01)Excursion PSD 4x4 Limited Ultimate No Boundaries Edition 175/146 swamps, hydra, S&B
03 Excursion PSD 4x4 Eddie Bauer (parts vehicle, 120K miles) CRUISE CONTROL FIRE VICTIM
04 & 09 PJ 15k dump trailers 04 H&H 9K tilt bed 07 Dreamshak Hydraulic 20ft toy hauler/fish house.

Last edited by 86GLHS; 04-16-2014 at 11:12 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Stroke Excursions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in