Question for those that have used F350 springs on the rear - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Power Stroke Excursions Technical discussion of the Ford Excursion SUV with the Power Stroke diesel.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question for those that have used F350 springs on the rear

I just changed the front springs to u codes. Much nicer ride. I am now considering changing the rear springs as well. I have noticed that most folks change to a b code F350 spring. For those of you that did change the rear springs, did you have to change the block in the back as well. My truck is not lifted and now I have the u codes up front. I would prefer NOT to change the blocks if necessary but it would be nice to have the stiffer springs for when I tow my camper.

Thanks,

greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 09:41 AM

Re: Question for those that have used F350 springs on the rear

Same thing that I want to do except I have V code front springs and A code rear springs.

John [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

2000 Excursion Limited PSD 4X4 Dark Satin Green/Medium Parchmant Born 7/00 In-Service 10/00 All Factory Options except Transfer Skid Plate
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 02:38 PM

Can anyone confirm that V-code from springs and A-code rear springs will allow the Excursion to sit level or slightly higher in the rear?

If not, what size blocks should be added?

Thanks,

Chris Turrisi
-----------------------------------------------
05 Excursion Ltd 6.0 - PSD Door Badges, BFG T/A KO 285/75-R16 Tires, C-Bet'r Mirrors, Catch-All Mats, ISSPRO EGT/Boost A-Pillar Mntd Guages, The Diesel Site Coolant Filter, Underhood Insulation & Weather Strips, Factory Mud Flaps, 22" Wipers, Valentine 1, Over Mirror Mntd ISSPRO Oil Temp, Oil Press, Volts, Diff/Tranny Temp Gauges, Custom Carling Switch Panel, KC back-up lights, Super-Springs, Custom 12v Power Outlets, Door Courtesy Lights, Vinyl Tubed Door Seals, Dynamat Extreme Everywhere, LED's in Door Handles, Amber Turn Signal Tail Lamps, PML diff & tranny covers, Fluiddampr, AFE Stage II Intake, LED TMI Tail Lamp & Rear Amber Turn Signal Bulbs, Cab Lights, Rancho Steering Stabilizer, RS9000 Shocks, V-Code Front & S-Code Rear Springs, 4.30 Gears, Edge Attitude, MBRP 4" Exhaust.
-----------------------------------------------

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 07:11 PM

Yes, it will work. I have the x-codes in the front and 350 springs and blocks in the back of my 01. Just ordered the same set-up for my 03 that I just picked up. The front went from 37.5 to 40.5 inches. The rear went from 39.5 to 41.5 inches.These measurements included the addition of 285 tires vs. 265's.Just got done measuring the two of them side by side this is why I know! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

01 X Limited 7.3 4X4
03 X Ultimate Limited 7.3 4X4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Stroke Excursions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in