Resetting Lock keypad on the door - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Power Stroke Excursions Technical discussion of the Ford Excursion SUV with the Power Stroke diesel.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Resetting Lock keypad on the door

My father in law just bought a 2000 x but the dealer didn't have the code to unlock the doors on the door keypad. Is there an easy way to reset this code?

93 F250 IDI 4x4 Supercab Longbed Rebuilt E40D AT; 4.10 gears; Magnaflow high flow muffler, 3" pipe and 5" stainless tip! 285/75 Liberators on stock rims; cut soup bowl. 168,000 miles and counting! MORE TO FOLLOW!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 08:06 PM
FJF

Re: Resetting Lock keypad on the door

If you bought it from Ford they can retrive the keyless# buy hooking it up to there computer and pull up that info. I never found a sticker with the numbers on it anywhere. Ford will put the # on a sticker and place it in out of the way spot.And you cannot reset without the old code [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img].FJF

2000 Excursion Limited 4X4, 5" Hypermax Exhaust,TS 4 Bank chip(D/P Tuner- stock,Tow,Econo,Race) A Pillar DiPricol Gauges (white face)Hellwig swaybar,Skyjacker stablizer,AFe Stage2, Slotted&cross drilled rotors,BB Turbo,Pioneer AVIC D2 ***ALL GAVE SOME SOME GAVE ALL (FDNY 9/11/01)***
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 08:14 PM

My Photos: (7)

My factory number is on a card in the owners manual pouch. It is true that with the truck and the VIN they will let you have it, you need the truck there or they will not let it out. Then the manual tells how to change it, if you don't have a manual I could fax the page to you, it is easy. Good luck.

2003 7.3 Excursion Limited Ultimate, Mineral Grey Metalic. DVD, Limited Slip, Badged, Cab Lights, Magnaflow, Thule Rack, Top Gun Bumper, 3" Lift, T Prodigy, Air Bags, Edge Programer, XM Radio, Extreme sound system. PIAA Lights, Toyo 325/60/18s on Chrome Alum rims.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 11:51 PM

Yep, in addition to the card in the packet, I found stickers with the code on them under the hood, in the glovebox and under the rear hatch. I removed them when I found them for obvious reasons...
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

thanks for all the input. One other thing, it only came with one key fob and one of the "chipped" keys. is there a way I can get around going to the dealer for those? Can the average guy reprogram a set if i was able to buy them on ebay?

93 F250 IDI 4x4 Supercab Longbed Rebuilt E40D AT; 4.10 gears; Magnaflow high flow muffler, 3" pipe and 5" stainless tip! 285/75 Liberators on stock rims; cut soup bowl. 168,000 miles and counting! MORE TO FOLLOW!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 03:35 PM

My Photos: (3)

NOPE, you need two good keys. And only the dealer can give you the original number. From there you can do your own.

Paul B

2001 Excursion Limited PSD,2wd,Auto.,BTS-10/2014, Toreador Red,10/2000,4.5 Racor,unTAGed,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
,6.0 cooler,Cat ELC,Underdash Lunar Gauges,Hadley Air Horn,
,Fumoto
2006 31' Flagstaff TT 8.0K,Prodigy
2015 Subaru Forrester

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thanks for all the input. One other thing, it only came with one key fob and one of the "chipped" keys. is there a way I can get around going to the dealer for those? Can the average guy reprogram a set if i was able to buy them on ebay?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fobs are easy as EBAY not sure what the "TUNE IN PROCEEDURE IS" but it is fairly simple I have done it on other fords.

Keys you need two Except there was a post here a while back about how to do it with just one I THINK?????????? but not sure ???

Anyone else less foggy on this one

2005 X PSD Limited Mineral Grey, 4X4 Has Second row bench then Every other factory option available.
Just about finished!
(never tell the wife you are done)
4x2 Lift Gate Lifts,
Tekonsha Prodigy
Ford 30MM Rear Bar
BridgeStone 285/75-16AT(D range) Revos, Now have a winter and summer set each with a set of wheels!

V Code LF, U Code RF Modified Fs in the rear
Catch All Linners
750 W Inverter
Magnaflow XL System W/ 3.5 DP OE Cat spliced in at 4" inlet and 3-3/4" outlet.
ART Rotors, Performance Friction Pads, Front & Rear
Rancho RSXs on Front and 9000s set at 2 on rear
06 Chrome Package Grill,bumpers and hooks. After an encounter with a Honda, (She got the ticket)

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 11:03 AM

I too only received 1 key with my X. I bought 2 more on ebay, and then took them to a locksmith and he programmed them for $20 total. So call around, because they have to have a programmer, but the first one I called had it. I'm sure this had to be cheaper than the dealership would have charged.

BTW, using the ebay keys and no problems what so ever.

(SOLD) 2003 Excursion EB 4x4, 7.3PSD, Rancho 9000's
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I too only received 1 key with my X. I bought 2 more on ebay, and then took them to a locksmith and he programmed them for $20 total. So call around, because they have to have a programmer, but the first one I called had it. I'm sure this had to be cheaper than the dealership would have charged.

BTW, using the ebay keys and no problems what so ever.

[/ QUOTE ]
I did the same thing as well. but I took mine to the dealer and it cost me $80 to have them program the 2 new keys. I pulled the key fob off of a wrecked ford in a junkyard. I only did it because I got it for free. I am going to be putting an alarm on it, so it will have keyfobs with it.

anyone know how to tie a Viper car alarm into the keypad, now that would be trick.

Tow Rig =

Toys =

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 01:17 PM

My Photos: (1)

I did not have the keycode to mine when I picked it up from the dealer, but I did find where it was on a 2005.

Remove the two screws that hold the "trash bag hook" panel and remove the panel. lay on the floor with a flashlight and look up and in the hole. Behind the radio is a box with a sticker on it. Lots of printing, but there is a set of rather large numbers on the sticker without any other notation or printing around it. 5 digits. That is the permanent keycode.

type this keycode into your touchpad on the door, and it will unlock. Within 10 seonds of the door unlocking, start putting in your new 5 digit keycode.

The new user keycode is programmed. The permanent keycode still and always will work.

2005 EXCURSION!! XLT V10 Silver Purchased 10/8/05 19920 Miles.
Heated tow mirrors, Hood/window deflector,Ford rubber mats, Firestone bags/air source kit, Helwig swaybar, Prodigy, underhood liner and light, V's and Modded B's, Bilsteins, Procomp stabilizer, Curt front reciever, 6 disk Visteon stereo, 6 disk changer in console, X-3 AIC, door lights,OEM Fog mod, volt/tran temp gauges,skid plate.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Within 10 seonds of the door unlocking, start putting in your new 5 digit keycode.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could also say "start putting in an additional 5 digit keycode", since as you stated, the original/master will always be the master and can't be changed or deleted.

2004 EB Excursion, 4x4, 6.0, Magnaflow Exhaust, Isspro Gauges in an under cubby pod, Fumoto, V code front springs, bubba lights and newly added so called bullet proofing, including PMax turbo.

"Treat me good, I'll treat you better; treat me bad, I'll treat you worse." - Sonny Barger
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 01:57 PM

Semantics.

But you are right. That is clearer.

Heated tow mirrors, Hood/window deflector,Ford rubber mats, Firestone bags/air source kit, Helwig swaybar, Prodigy, underhood liner and light, V's and Modded B's, Bilsteins, Procomp stabilizer, Curt front reciever, 6 disk Visteon stereo, 6 disk changer in console, X-3 AIC, door lights,OEM Fog mod, volt/tran temp gauges,skid plate.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Semantics.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I know. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]

2004 EB Excursion, 4x4, 6.0, Magnaflow Exhaust, Isspro Gauges in an under cubby pod, Fumoto, V code front springs, bubba lights and newly added so called bullet proofing, including PMax turbo.

"Treat me good, I'll treat you better; treat me bad, I'll treat you worse." - Sonny Barger
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 12:45 PM

A little off subject, but along the same lines. Is the keypad a 'wireless' device? What I really want to know is how does it get it's power? Internal Battery? or from the Vehicle Battery? Don't want an internal battery to fail me.

...danny

2001 'X' 7.3l PSD 4x4 Limited
Oxford White / Medium Parchment
K&N Air filter, Husky Floor Liners
20' H&H Speedloader MX Tiltbed Trailer
Bilstein shocks(BE5-6208 front, BE56209 rear) $259.80 to my door.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 01:05 PM

The door keypad is a direct wired unit to the vehicle computer. All power comes from the vehicle. They will work even when the battery power is too low to start the car, but if the car battery is dead, so is the computer and the keypad.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Stroke Excursions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in