• 1 Post By RT
  • 1 Post By klhansen

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-16-2017, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Attn: Fordparts.com customers

Hello all!

I've got some important information regarding Fordparts.com & Autonation Ford of WBL

As of recently, and after much debate, we are not accepting most orders from fordparts.com. Please, do not place orders with our store from this website. I'm told we're not able to disable our store completely with fordparts.com (for various reasons), so I'm hoping to grab some attention here.

This applies only to our store & fordparts.com.This does not affect our Autonation Ford WBL Parts website https://parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com/ or phone orders. This also does not affect fordparts.com customers shopping with another dealer.

I have often promoted this website, as the OEM catalog quality and shipping prices are hard to beat. However, we've recently been hit with numerous fraudulent orders, costing us thousands of dollars. The Autonation Parts WBL website is hosted by a third party, and gives us the tools to look for the "red flags" associated with fraudulent orders. Because of this, the Autonation website is not affected.

We hope to be up and running again with fordparts.com in the future. The format will be changing soon, and we hopefully will at least be able to set up individual accounts for our repeat customers. I do sincerely apologize for the hassle, as we will be loosing some business. We hate to have to go this route, but we do not have any other options at this point.

Please feel free to send me a PM with any questions or concerns, or just give us a call.

Thanks for your understanding!
Mike R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-17-2017, 11:46 AM

Thamk you for keeping the community informed.
TousleyParts likes this.

1997 F250 Heavy Duty 7.3 Powerstroke 4x4 Crew Cab, SRW, Automatic E40D
BTS Valve Body
Tru-Cool Trans Cooler
4" Turbo Back Diamond Eye Stainless Exhaust
Tymar Air Intake
TS Six Position Chip (stock,High Idle, +50, +75, +100, +120)
Tymar HPX line in hand but no installed yet
285/75r16 BFG All-Terrain KO2
ARE LSII Custom Color Tonneau bed cover
Color match Rhino spray in bed liner
------------------------------------------
Better To Be Tried By 12 Than Carried By 6
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-17-2017, 11:54 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (180)
Mike

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll definitely keep that in mind. You guys are my go-to for parts. You've always been very helpful.

Kevin
TousleyParts likes this.

First truck -- 1929 Model A Ford pickup, restored from ground up. Wish I still had it!
'99.5 F250 PSD Supercab LB 4x4, ZF-6 w/SB Con OFE, 3.73LS, Boost & pyro gauges, Swamps S175/146 injectors, DP 80 HP Econo PCM (classic version
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
), AIS,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
regulated return,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-12-2017, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

And just an update-

We can currently sponsor anyone on fordparts.com, and more more than willing to do so to any existing customers. Sponsoring is a funny way of saying you'll have your own account, and will have the same good pricing as before. We plan on promoting this once the new format takes place early 2018. PM me or give us a call if interested.

Thanks!

Last edited by TousleyParts; 12-12-2017 at 02:09 PM.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-12-2017, 07:45 PM
NYB

My Photos: (7)
The most important thing to me in an online Ford parts ordering website is having direct communication access to a consistently present and knowledgeable human being who engages directly with members of this forum community.

As long as you are still Mike R, and as long as you stick around and directly engage with us, it doesn't matter what web portal (FordParts, Autonation, eBay, Amazon, whatever) you use, or what the name of your dealership is (Tousely, WhiteBear, AutoNation, whatever).

I think most of us want good service, and good prices. And we would like to at least believe we are getting better prices by virtue of our engagement with you in this forum, which, by virtue of search, attracts similarly situated individuals looking for solutions, having the same need for a good supply of parts.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-13-2017, 08:42 AM
RT

I called and spoke to Mike directly yesterday. He indicated he wasnít getting notifications when questions were posted anymore. Heís looking into that. He took care of me with his usual grace and efficiency. Iím sticking with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
TousleyParts likes this.

2003 F-250 XLT Crew Cab 7.3L, Chrome BigTex Grille Guard, Quad pillar - 3 ISSPRO gauges (trans, pyro, boost) and DP-Tuner F6; Roush fuel pressure / temperature / oil pressure gauges, Ford Severe Duty AIS, 31 row 6.0 transmission cooler, ScanGauge II, Marinco mod, Walker BTM, Full Force Stage 1 injectors

IF MY BODY IS EVER FOUND ON A JOGGING TRAIL JUST KNOW THAT I WAS MURDERED SOMEWHERE ELSE AND DUMPED THERE
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-14-2017, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

Thanks RT!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-17-2018, 02:33 PM

I was just on the Fordparts.com site and they've totally revamped it.

To be honest, it totally sucks!!

Very hard to navigate. They want you to register, etc., which isn't that big a deal, but the search function doesn't work at all. I searched for the words "shunt" "glow" and "glow plug" when trying to find a PN & price for someone here with a '97 E350 7.3L and got ZERO hits. It wouldn't let me narrow the vehicle info down by engine, so it should have found something. (couldn't fine it on the WBL site either, which I checked first).

Mike, someone needs to tell Ford that their website took a HUGE step backward in usability. Their chat feature wasn't available on Saturday, so I couldn't do it myself today.

I'll have the guy who was looking to find a GP shunt to check with you. His dealer wanted $150, and I think you could do better.

First truck -- 1929 Model A Ford pickup, restored from ground up. Wish I still had it!
'99.5 F250 PSD Supercab LB 4x4, ZF-6 w/SB Con OFE, 3.73LS, Boost & pyro gauges, Swamps S175/146 injectors, DP 80 HP Econo PCM (classic version
), AIS,
regulated return,

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-19-2018, 08:30 AM

Any promo codes out for autonation?

BTS Valve Body
Tru-Cool Trans Cooler
Tymar Air Intake
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-19-2018, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

For our Autonation website, use the code RP-15 or #RP15 for 15% off of shipping.

Here is the link to our Autonation website
https://parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com/

Please keep in mind this is only valid for the White Bear Lake location.

As far as fordparts.com......we cannot even sell anything on the website at this time. They (as in fordparts.com) has not even set up some of our merchant information to accept payment. As far as the format, I starting to think the new catalog does not include the vehilces with the older catalog. For Super Duties, the "newer" VIN driven catalog did not start until 2005. I may be wrong on this, but I'm getting this impression from what others have told us.

A couple of reps out were out last week. They're from the same company, but do not do much with the fordparts.com side of things. That didn't stop me from venting some of my current concerns with the website . If they can't cover us on the credit card transactions they accept, we're simply going to limit the business we do on the website.

Sorry guys...I wish I had better news. For whatever it's worth, we continue to have decent luck with the Autonation website. I'm more than happy to answer any parts questions; just make sure you tag me @TousleyParts so I'll get a notification .
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 11:37 AM

Yeah catalog is extremely limited for OBS. I really hope they add back at least an archived version of the parts list/diagrams. As those drawing were extremely beneficial in identifying parts & #s

BTS Valve Body
Tru-Cool Trans Cooler
Tymar Air Intake
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless007 View Post
Yeah catalog is extremely limited for OBS. I really hope they add back at least an archived version of the parts list/diagrams. As those drawing were extremely beneficial in identifying parts & #s
That would be helpful, but eventually everything gets orphaned at some point.
I looked up headlight assemblies for the wife's '13 Escape and they only listed one side.
Just an example of how messed up the website is. You would think they'd have the full catalog for a 5 yr old car. No more diagrams either.

), AIS,
regulated return,

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by klhansen View Post
That would be helpful, but eventually everything gets orphaned at some point.
I looked up headlight assemblies for the wife's '13 Escape and they only listed one side.
Just an example of how messed up the website is. You would think they'd have the full catalog for a 5 yr old car. No more diagrams either.
Yeah, that's not too good! Just FYI, PM me or call us directly for body parts. Many of these parts are under "CP" numbers, and not listed on their website. These are fast moving body parts and have a reduced cost. It's Ford's way of competeing for collision business with the aftermarket. These are OEM parts at some very good prices.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 09:29 PM

That was just an experiment on the search on the wife's car. The local dealer is working on what should be a warranty issue on it. It's an issue where the shutter on the HID's stick on high beam. If for some unknown reason Ford won't honor the warranty, I'll be contacting you about the CP versions. I did find them on your site for a significant discount. The local dealer quoted $1900+ versus $1300 list. No way I'm paying that much for them.
TousleyParts likes this.

), AIS,
regulated return,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Vendors > Autonation Ford WBL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in