The Diesel Stop banner

'2011 F250 check engine light and code

41K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  Stroking it 
#1 ·
Posted this on another forum and did not get a single reply to the thread, so I figured I would try here.

P21B0 - Reductant Level Sensor C Circuit High Truck is throwing this code, any idea what it means and how it might be fixed???

Thanks

#2 ·
It is related to the sensors in your DEF tank. Probably one of the sensors failing. I had a "P2043 Reductant Temp/Sensor range " It required a replacement of the DEF heater assembly.

Dealer wanted ~$800. Reservoir Assembly (Part #5J225)

Check out the other threads on the board. It seems to be an easy fix and you can purchase the parts for about $200.

Here is one thread: http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums...ge-dealer-wants-800-replace-reservoir-330698/

L

#3 ·
Google " p21B0" and you'll get a bunch of info.

#4 ·
Lucent did you get this problem fixed? I took my 11 F250 to the dealer for a CEL and they gave the code P21B0 and said it would cost $800. Called Ford and they said not covered under warranty. SOL. I paid my $120 diagnostics and went home. CEL keeps going on and off. DEaler said if I did not fix it the truck would leave me on the side of the road. SO I am searching for answer like you were. I am not sure what parts are needed. Help

#6 ·
I've been having the same issue with a DEF sensor on my 2011 F250. Whenever my DEF gets low, I get the check engine light with P21B0 code. Rather than clear the code, I fill it with DEF and it clears itself within a few drives. At some point I'm going to have to pay for the silly failed sensor to get fixed, but at least I know it's not a serious issue.

#7 ·
If it is a bad def sensor, eventually it will say you have no DEF fluid in the tank whether you do or not.

The computer only knows what the sensor tells it so it will do the "no def fluid" thing.

Which means that you can go only as far as the fuel in your tank. You can not shut it down or refuel and have more power than a creeping walking speed.

In short, the book is not clear on this subject but you will have enough power to drive it normally to a dealer as long as you do not refuel or shut down.

It is a sorry ass design because these things happen after quitting time for dealer shops on Friday at least 20% of the time and that leaves you stuck until Monday morning with no wheels.

Ask me how I know.

#9 ·
Go back to your dealer and ask about Ford refunding $ to replacement of this thing. I had reductant thingie problem, dealer replaced it, $1,100.

Few weeks later got letter from Ford advising they recognized these sensors failures, and they will reimburse the cost to replace. I went back to dealer, showed the letter, and about 10 days later got a refund.

I still have the letter in my glovebox. If you send your email address by reply, I can scan, copy and send to you. Worth a try to work w dealer, and Ford, see if they give favorable reply.

The check back within next few days, see if you respond.

#10 ·
Anyone questioning this failure the FSA that extends coverage for this part is 18M01 - Certain 2011-2012 Model Year F-250-F-550 and 2013-2015 F-350-F-550 equipped with a 6.7L Diesel Engine. This program extends the warranty coverage of the reductant heater and sender assembly to 11 years of service or 120,000 miles from the warranty start date of the vehicle, whichever occurs first. If a vehicle has already exceeded either the time or mileage limits, this extended warranty coverage will last through December 31, 2018.

Ford Motor Company is offering a refund for owner-paid repairs covered by this program if the repair was performed before the date of the Owner Notification Letter. This refund offer expires December 31, 2018.

#12 ·
Correct, and the deadline is for reimbursement for repairs performed before the program was released. Dealers must use OASIS to determine if the vehicle in question has the program open on the VIN.

#13 ·
Just got my 2012 back last Friday for this code. Only problem was when they called me on Tuesday and they said it would be $840 to fix.

Thing is I had to be the one to mention about the extended coverage as they acted like they didn't know about it.

Later they called me back and said: Oh your vehicle is covered so there won't be a charge.

All I could say is thanks, but then thought about all the people that don't know about the extended coverage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.