'2013 F250 radiator replace and FordService - Page 3 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.7L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2011-Up Super Duty trucks. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.7L Power Stroke engine.

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 09:06 AM

My Photos: (29)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone that buys these expensive trucks and don't buy the extended warranty is nuts........

My warranty is up in 2 years. I will be trading it in on a new one and I will buy the extended warranty again.......

1 repair like what is described here and you have paid for the warranty.

2019 F350 4X4 Dually, FX4, Crew Cab, Ultimate Lariat Package, Agate Black, Black Leather towing a 2006 LE3905 Weekend Warrior

2002 F250 CC, 4X4 - Sold
2004 F350 CC, FX4, loaded - Sold
2006 F350 CC, DRW, FX4 - Sold
2012 F350 CC, DRW, FX4 - Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 12:27 PM

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfisher09 View Post
Just received word from my dealership that I have a cracked radiator in my 2014 F-250 with 70K miles. Asked the service department if this was covered based off our discussion about it being the first they had seen in a diesel and the answer was no. Can anyone point me in the right direction as this does not seem like it should happen to a 3 year old truck?

Thanks!
Have you been able to get this addressed with your dealer, sfisher09?

Deysha

FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

f:

post #33 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 08:07 PM

Ford Service I just sent you a privare message about same issue - need your assistance badly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonner49 View Post
Ford Service I just sent you a privare message about same issue - need your assistance badly.
Hey Bonner49,

I replied to your message. Please check your inbox when you get a chance.

Let me know if you need anything else, and have a great day!

Tricia

FORD SERVICE

t:

f:

Last edited by FordService; 12-28-2016 at 04:07 PM.
post #35 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 08:28 AM

Garage
2015 6.7 Radiator Leak

Well, after 40,140 miles I find myself in the same situation as a lot of others...walk out to find a puddle of coolant under the driver side of the radiator.

Called ford and was issued a case number, called my local service manager and was told there is nothing that he can due until the 3rd week of January because he is out of discretionary funds until 2017. His advice, "just buy a jug of coolant and fill it up as it gets low."

Too say the least I am not very pleased with my local service manager and his attitude. The reservoir is completely empty after 5 days and the truck has not been started. I purchased the truck when I lived out of state and was told that if I had a longer history of buying Fords or had bought the truck from the local dealership, perhaps they could do more for me sooner. It's aggravating when you buy a truck that the sticker is 70k and get this type of service.
post #36 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 08:55 PM

Has anyone experienced the death wobble and then the radiator start to leak? My truck had the death wobble/shake once from hitting a dip/seam in the interstate at about 70 MPH and after that my radiator started leaking on the driver side. Frame flex much? I put 4 new Bilstein shocks and a Bilstein steering stabilizer in hopes to never have that issue again. The truck shook so bad that stuff in the door pockets and console pockets went flying everywhere. I just bought an $850 Mishimoto all aluminum radiator for my 2011. Fingers crossed that it lasts and no more death wobble.
post #37 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lat28300 View Post
Well, after 40,140 miles I find myself in the same situation as a lot of others...walk out to find a puddle of coolant under the driver side of the radiator.

Called ford and was issued a case number, called my local service manager and was told there is nothing that he can due until the 3rd week of January because he is out of discretionary funds until 2017. His advice, "just buy a jug of coolant and fill it up as it gets low."

Too say the least I am not very pleased with my local service manager and his attitude. The reservoir is completely empty after 5 days and the truck has not been started. I purchased the truck when I lived out of state and was told that if I had a longer history of buying Fords or had bought the truck from the local dealership, perhaps they could do more for me sooner. It's aggravating when you buy a truck that the sticker is 70k and get this type of service.
Let me take a look at this for you, Lat28300. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha

FORD SERVICE

t:

f:

post #38 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 01:34 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordService View Post
Let me take a look at this for you, Lat28300. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Deysha,

I haven't hit the 15 post rule yet for PMs. If I give you the original case number can you look me up and give me a call?
post #39 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 08:21 AM

Ford Dealership not helping

I have a 2015 F250 Platinum and it just went to the dealership with the same issue. Small crack and pin hole, dealership says they see this all the time on these trucks. I have 39K miles on an 18 month old truck and I'm being told there is nothing they can do and it will $1600 to repair. I've called Ford who "opened a case #" and sent it to my dealership. The dealership is telling me Ford said they can't cover it and Ford is telling me it is up to the dealership and the regional service manager for that dealership to decide to cover it??? I feel like I'm getting spun in circles for an extremely common repair on a $65K truck that is 18 months old. This is the 4th Ford truck I have owned but I am certain it will be my last if Ford can't cover this.
post #40 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 11:45 PM

Join the crowd I was told the same thing I bought an aftermarket radiator with a lifetime warranty for half of Ford's price and with install still under Ford's radiator price. I was asked how many fords I currently own so that makes a difference evidently. Ford doesn't stand behind their product for known a problem that has been happening for years.
post #41 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 06:35 PM

2013f250 what aftermarket radiator did you go with and how do you like it so far? It looks like I'm going to be buying my own radiator. The only lifetime warranty I have seen is on the mishimoto all aluminum radiators but I've been reading that it has been having some failures pretty quickly on some of those.
post #42 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 02:13 AM

I did a Google search and came up with AutoZone radiator was I think $505 but ordering on line got an instant $100 rebate and free shipping. So far no issues and it look identical to stock radiator.
post #43 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 08:21 PM

Thumbs down leaky radiator

i have a 2013 6.7. have had a radiator leak although very slow for 2 months. teuck has 27k its only 3yrs old. just out of warranty for 5 months. dealer tells me nothing of these issues. wont fix it at no charge. said they called ford and they declined. ***. can anyone help or point me in the right direction. thanks
post #44 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 03:05 PM

I also have a leaking radiator after 80,000 miles. In the last couple years I have had replace oil pump, def pump, def tank and heater now the radiator. Of course none of this was covered under warranty. Did get get help from crystal ford rep on here on one of the issues and need help again. P.m. Has been sent to ford rep with info. Please help
post #45 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 07:10 PM

I hate to tell you but Ford was absolutely no help. I finally got a local service manager at a Ford dealership about 30 miles from my house that confined what a rep at corporate Ford told me. It is completely up to the dealership to discount the work or replace for free. He said his rule on my situation is if I had bought it new at his dealership he'd fix it for free. Since I hadn't he couldn't do any credit or discount outside of warranty...at least he was honest Mind you my truck was 18 months old with 39k miles on it....3k miles outside of warranty.

My advice is buy aftermarket radiator with lifetime part warranty. Ford wanted $1800 to fix and gave 2 year part/labor warranty...woo hoo...i got an oem aftermarket with lifetime warranty on the part and a local diesel mechanic installed it because I couldn't find the time to do it myself. Total was $900 for part and labor and at least the part is covered if it does it again. Mechanic said the aftermarket was identical to the one the pulled out and everything matched up perfectly.
larrgh likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 - 2016 Ford Super Duties > 6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in