The Diesel Stop banner

2016 f250 platinum code p0087

10K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  brokeboyplatinum 
#1 ·
i purchased a 2016 f250 platinum with 41k miles on last Thursday...that being said the truck is perfect.. well i got it home and the next day i got in it and drove it and it threw P0087 - Fuel Rail/System Pressure - Too Low... now i am freaking out as im not sure what to do dealer is over 100 miles away and hasnt been very responsive and now im not sure what to do.... any thoughts or ideas??? thanks guys

#3 ·
You shouldn't have a problem with 41,000 miles on this truck. i know the dealer is 100 miles away but they should at least take a look at your truck. They probably dont want to help you over the phone and they sure can't fix it over the phone. You probably have no choice but to take a trip. This could be a expensive repair or may not be anything at all.

#4 · (Edited)
My concern would be that if it is water evident failure you may lose your leverage that it was existing issue when you took delivery if you delay in getting it to them.

#5 ·
My concern would be that if it is water evident failure you may lose your leverage that it was exiting issue when you took delivery if you delay in getting it to them.
hey guys I been busy at work and couldn't reply via phone. but I did take it back to the dealer spoke with the GM at the dealer and he said he would put his best diesel tech on it.... so I did and drove it 100 miles... the next day the service agent called me to ask me what code it was and he couldn't start anywhere with a check engine light.... I had to tell him the code and code number.... calls back later and asking what it was doing and just told him it was throwing check engine light and reduced power... told him to hook the ids scanner and read the fuel pressure pid's what its commanding and what the fuel pressure actually is... he said it was fuel pressure regulator was bad got it back drove 100 miles home ran great... the next day I was bringing my mother in law to the air port drove out my neighbor hood and bam check engine light again reduced power..... at this time I was ready to drive it through the dealership show room...drove it to my local dealer who I normally use went to talk with the diesel tech about it and he said well its time for a new fuel system 12k in repairs low pressure pump took a ****ake mushrooms now I'm wondering what will happen now....when I was saying wasn't being very responsive about the dealer that sold me the truck they didn't want to return my calls so I had sent a nice email to the GM.....I was trying to get some one to call me back for four days before I sent the email... called my salesman the used car manager and the service dept no one would return my call

#6 ·
So the second dealer did the inspection and saw rust?
The fuel system has warranty but if presence of rust is noted then Ford says no.

#7 ·
I am guessing but they said it was covered under warranty since it was purchased so recently that in no way this could have been caused by me.... I'm waiting on the service tech to call me,,,whether they go after the other dealership or not for selling the truck knowing it had an issue is on them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.