6.7L Engine Code - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.7L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2011-Up Super Duty trucks. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.7L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2015, 12:53 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.7L Engine Code

2012 F250 has about 92500 miles. I have a code that's come up P2073 it says something like "engine correlation at idle". Truck runs fine but drives like it's down on power some. I can clear the code and it'll be fine for awhile but it comes back. Anyone else have this problem and know the fix for it. I'd really prefer not to have to take it to the dealer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2015, 05:20 AM

OBDII Codes for the 2012

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdi...DOBDSM1202.pdf

Starting on page 87 is a flowchart that might help you find the problem.

Larry

2015 F350 Ultra Lariat 6.7L CCLB DRW 3.73 Limited Slip, Green Gem Metallic w/ Caribou accent, Camper Package, Titan 65gal tank, Rapid Heat, Block Heater, Upfitter Switches, Dual Alternators, Camper Package, Cable Lock, Husky Floor Liners, Spray in Bedliner, 5th Wheel Prep, 25K 5th Wheel Hitch, Ford Goose Neck Hitch.

Traded 2011 F350 XLT CCLB SRW 6.2L gasser 6,000 miles for 2015

Sold 1996 F350 XLT CCLB DRW 7.3L 208,000 miles

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2015, 09:39 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewrap View Post
2012 F250 has about 92500 miles. I have a code that's come up P2073 it says something like "engine correlation at idle". Truck runs fine but drives like it's down on power some. I can clear the code and it'll be fine for awhile but it comes back. Anyone else have this problem and know the fix for it. I'd really prefer not to have to take it to the dealer.
Hi thewrap,

It sounds like you're going to go the DIY route, but keep in mind your dealer will always be happy to assist. If you decide to get them involved, let me know; I'll be able to research options to help once they've diagnosed your rig.

Crystal

FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

f:

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2015, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordService View Post
Hi thewrap,

It sounds like you're going to go the DIY route, but keep in mind your dealer will always be happy to assist. If you decide to get them involved, let me know; I'll be able to research options to help once they've diagnosed your rig.

Crystal
The only reason I would do it that way is because the dealers here are extremely backed up. On diesel trucks we have 4-6 weeks wait for appointments like that.

That being said do you have any information on what has been or could be causing the code?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2015, 12:49 PM

My Photos: (1)
Garage
Quote:

P2073 - Manifold Absolute Pressure/Mass Air Flow - Throttle Position Correlation at Idle

The DTC sets when the final air mass adaption stored value at idle is more than 15% above or below the calibrated threshold. This can be tricky to diagnose and I personally have seen different things cause it therefore there is no one thing I can point to as a common issue.
Possible Causes include:
  • Leaks or restrictions in the intake air system and charge air cooler (CAC)<
  • Leaks or restrictions in the crankcase ventilation system
  • Damaged mass air flow (MAF)/intake air temperature (IAT) sensor
  • Biased MAF/IAT sensor
  • Damaged exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve

2016 Ford Fusion ENERGI Titanium Plug-in Hybrid
Ford Senior Master Diesel Technician

Diesel Technician Society
Diesel Mentor Directory

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2015, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford_doctor View Post

P2073 - Manifold Absolute Pressure/Mass Air Flow - Throttle Position Correlation at Idle

The DTC sets when the final air mass adaption stored value at idle is more than 15% above or below the calibrated threshold. This can be tricky to diagnose and I personally have seen different things cause it therefore there is no one thing I can point to as a common issue.
Possible Causes include:
  • Leaks or restrictions in the intake air system and charge air cooler (CAC)<
  • Leaks or restrictions in the crankcase ventilation system
  • Damaged mass air flow (MAF)/intake air temperature (IAT) sensor
  • Biased MAF/IAT sensor
  • Damaged exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve
Ok. I'm hoping it is just a sensor. If not more than likely I may have to take it to the dealer whenever they can clear the backlog.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2015, 08:55 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
...That being said do you have any information on what has been or could be causing the code?
I completely understand, thewrap. I'm not a technician, so I'm not the best resource for diagnostic questions. You could always give the service manager at your dealership a call; I know they'd be glad to do what they can to help out.

Crystal

FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t:

f:

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2015, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

I'm pretty sure I've found the problem. The MAF was scorched and melted pretty good from a previous incident. I'm hoping whenever I can get a replacement that fixes it. If I could get the pics to post from my phone I would to show what it looked like.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 07:52 PM

Did you ever figure this out? just curious.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 - 2016 Ford Super Duties > 6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in