Advice P04DB - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.7L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2011-Up Super Duty trucks. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.7L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (6)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Advice P04DB

Quick story... Bought used 2015 with 33,000 in Sept. 2017. In Oct. truck threw P04DB (CCV Code) so took it back to Ford. Ford did whatever they do, reset and said I should be good to go. Code threw again within 100 miles so back to ford I go. This time they said I needed new ccv vacuum pump (FC3Z-6A785-C). Thanks to this site I knew about the hall effect sensor on the manifold side.... OK makes sense. Problem was it is on national back order.... that was 5 months ago!! They told me to drive it until part was available but truck is noticeably louder and I've lost 1 mpg according to dash gauge. CEL has been on whole time, so besides not having remote start I'm concerned that if another problem pops up, I wouldn't even know. Part is available on internet for about $50. I'm about to fix it myself... but that's the reason I paid big money for the extended warranty so I wouldn't have to wrench on it. So is dealer blowing smoke up my ass, should I fix it, or just drive it and hope I don't start blowing seals. Frustrated!!

15 F250 CC Lariat Short Bed, 6.7PSD

99 F250 CC Lariat, 8' Bed, PSD, 6" Skyjacker Softride, Weld Scorpio 9.75x16.5, 39.5 TrXus All Terrains, Putco Grill, Westin Bull Bar, ARE Shell, 1400w invertor, Bed, TV/VCR, PS2, Refridge, CB, Autometer gauges, Tank-mod, Racor filter, prepump mod, and all kinds of other crap,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 12:28 PM

My Photos: (1)
Garage
ou won't blow any seals. The sensor is meant to turn on the check engine light if the hose is disconnected. They failed frequently on 2015 engines. I wouldn't''t get too uppity over it and just drive the truck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2019 Ford Fusion ENERGI Titanium Plug-in Hybrid
Ford Senior Master Diesel Technician
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Diesel Technician Society
Diesel Mentor Directory

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

Well I never really considered me just being uppity... thanks.

99 F250 CC Lariat, 8' Bed, PSD, 6" Skyjacker Softride, Weld Scorpio 9.75x16.5, 39.5 TrXus All Terrains, Putco Grill, Westin Bull Bar, ARE Shell, 1400w invertor, Bed, TV/VCR, PS2, Refridge, CB, Autometer gauges, Tank-mod, Racor filter, prepump mod, and all kinds of other crap,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 01:05 PM

My Photos: (0)
I am having the same issue with my 2014. Dealer told me the same, national backorder and drive the truck as is. I haven't noticed any difference in performance at all. I've been waiting about 1.5 months for the part. As long as the hose is hooked up you should be fine, it's just the sensor. my CEL comes on and goes off frequently. If it stays on too long I just clear the code myself.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team56 View Post
I am having the same issue with my 2014. Dealer told me the same, national backorder and drive the truck as is. I haven't noticed any difference in performance at all. I've been waiting about 1.5 months for the part. As long as the hose is hooked up you should be fine, it's just the sensor. my CEL comes on and goes off frequently. If it stays on too long I just clear the code myself.
Thanks for the info ... Haven't used this dealer before so I tend to question everything. Seems Ford would release an update to be able to at least shut off CEL since they have had so many issues.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 04:01 PM

My Photos: (1)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by euby View Post
Seems Ford would release an update to be able to at least shut off CEL since they have had so many issues.
I believe the sensor on the CCV is mandated by the government therefore shutting off the CEL by means of tuning it off through the software is not going to happen. By the way, the CCV assembly warranty coverage has been extended by:

Customer Satisfaction Program 17M04

Certain 2014-2016 Model Year F-250 F-550 and 2016 Model Year F-650/F-750 Vehicles, With 6.7L Diesel Engine Crankcase Ventilation Oil Separator Assembly

This program extends the warranty coverage of the crankcase ventilation (CCV) oil separator assembly to 11 years of service or 120,000 miles from the warranty start date of the vehicle, whichever occurs first. If a vehicle has already exceeded either the time or mileage limits, this extended warranty coverage will last through August 31, 2018. Coverage is automatically transferred to subsequent owners.

VEHICLES COVERED BY THIS PROGRAM
  • 2014-2016 F-Super Duty built at the Kentucky Truck between March 19, 2013 through November 11, 2015
  • 2016 F-650/F-750 Super Duty built at the Ohio Truck Plant between January 21, 2015 through May 8, 2016

2019 Ford Fusion ENERGI Titanium Plug-in Hybrid
Ford Senior Master Diesel Technician

Diesel Technician Society
Diesel Mentor Directory

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 08:45 AM

Great info Ford Doctor, thanks much!! I am dangerously close to 100,000 now, but my warranty claim is open at the dealer until they fix it, so I am covered either way.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 08:29 PM

My truck was at the dealer this week and they broke the news to me that the part is on national backorder with no expected due date. It's not a huge deal because it's not preventing me from driving or anything, but it's disappointing. I hate seeing the check engine light on.

2015 F350 CCSB 4x4 Lariat
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-06-2018, 11:12 AM

FWIW, I just dropped the truck off this morning. They ordered my part on Feb 5th and it came in yesterday.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-06-2018, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team56 View Post
FWIW, I just dropped the truck off this morning. They ordered my part on Feb 5th and it came in yesterday.
Thanks for the update. Need to make a call.

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-23-2018, 03:09 PM

Ive had my truck in three times for this now and the light just came on again. Waiting for a call back from the dealer.

My mileage has dropped by about 10% since this started.

Bill

2016 F350 Lariat CC PSD SB
Iron Cross Patriot Running Boards
Truxedo Deuce tonneau
Reese Elite 5th wheel slider
Magnum Low Pro Headache Rack

Previously - 2008 F350 FX4 CC PSD SB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 - 2016 Ford Super Duties > 6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in