Check Engine Light on (Code P249F) - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.7L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2011-Up Super Duty trucks. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.7L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Check Engine Light on (Code P249F)

My check engine light came on and it cost me 107.00 for code diagnostics & 375.00 for an EGT Sensor Replacement by my local Ford dealer. (Code P249F)

According to the Ford service writer, the sensor repair was not under warrantee.

Does the letter I received from Ford for the 15M02 program that covers EGT sensor replacement for 11 years or 120K mean anything?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 05:18 AM

Yes, if you are within the miles and/or year limits, you should not have to pay for the sensor. I would take the recall info to the dealer and request a refund and have them bill it as warranty work. If they do not want to cover it, ask the dealer for the regional rep phone number. Might drop the Ford Service a PM on the board here and ask them for help to get the claim started.

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com - View Profile: FordService

Larry

2015 F350 Ultra Lariat 6.7L CCLB DRW 3.73 Limited Slip, Green Gem Metallic w/ Caribou accent, Camper Package, Titan 65gal tank, Rapid Heat, Block Heater, Upfitter Switches, Dual Alternators, Camper Package, Cable Lock, Husky Floor Liners, Spray in Bedliner, 5th Wheel Prep, 25K 5th Wheel Hitch, Ford Goose Neck Hitch.

Traded 2011 F350 XLT CCLB SRW 6.2L gasser 6,000 miles for 2015

Sold 1996 F350 XLT CCLB DRW 7.3L 208,000 miles

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwarrior View Post
My check engine light came on and it cost me 107.00 for code diagnostics & 375.00 for an EGT Sensor Replacement by my local Ford dealer. (Code P249F)

According to the Ford service writer, the sensor repair was not under warrantee.

Does the letter I received from Ford for the 15M02 program that covers EGT sensor replacement for 11 years or 120K mean anything?
Larry is right, bring that letter in to the dealer. On the other hand, what they charged you is highway robbery. that sensor can be had online from Ford for $35. Takes a wrench, and about 5 minutes to replace

Dave
2016 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Magnetic Metallic
SOLD:2011 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Sterling Gray Metallic
SOLD:2005 F350 XLT 4x4 FX4 SRW SC SB 6.0 PSD/TS Med. Wedgewood Blue, Dual Alternators, Tow Command, Bypass Coolant filtration.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 07:53 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwarrior View Post

Hi Starwarrior,

I'll look into this. Please send me a PM with your name, phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrgh View Post
Yes, if you are within the miles and/or year limits, you should not have to pay for the sensor. I would take the recall info to the dealer and request a refund and have them bill it as warranty work. If they do not want to cover it, ask the dealer for the regional rep phone number. Might drop the Ford Service a PM on the board here and ask them for help to get the claim started.

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com - View Profile: FordService
Thanks for suggesting us, Larry!

Rachel

FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

f:

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 01:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordService View Post
Hi Starwarrior,

I'll look into this. Please send me a PM with your name, phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealer.

Thanks for suggesting us, Larry!

Rachel
Hi Larry or Rachel,

Unfortunately I can't forward to a PM until I have >=10 posts.
If you contact me through PM and forward your contact information I will be happy to fill you in with the details.

According to the dealer the EGT12 sensor replacement was not covered under the 15M01 program because DTC P249F was not listed by Ford as a valid DTC code under the program. The 15M01 letter specifically states that if within milage parameters if any or all of the four EGT sensors are bad, all parts and labor would be covered.

What bothers me is that the 15M01 letter makes absolutely no mention of a DTC being a determining factor. Given the fact that third party data supports an array of codes can indicate EGT sensor failure including P249F I am essentially caught up in a technicality.

I have purchased 5 new FMC vehicles over the past 10 years and currently own a F-250 and a Lincoln.
Quite honestly since it has become disheartening how FMC has treated me as a customer, my next purchase will not be an FMC product.

Last edited by Starwarrior; 12-22-2016 at 03:09 AM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 10:34 PM

15M02 expired on October 31st, 2016.

"This Customer Satisfaction Program supersedes 15M01 and extends the coverage of the Exhaust
Gas Temperature (EGT) sensors to 11 years of service or 120,000 miles from the warranty start date
of the vehicle, whichever occurs first. If a vehicle has already exceeded either the time or mileage
limits, this extended warranty coverage will last through October 31, 2016. Coverage is automatically
transferred to subsequent owners. "
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 03:34 AM Thread Starter

Just to fill you all in. The bottom line is dealers are all independently owned and operated. FMC forwarded my complaint to the dealer and totally bugged out stating it was up to the dealer and there was nothing else they could do. I was preparing to file a claim with the BBB when the dealer called and offered a refund. Allot of conclusions can be drawn but the 15M01 campaign letter was sent by FMC not the dealer, it was very descriptive and I really don't care what DTC came up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 - 2016 Ford Super Duties > 6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in