CP4 fuel pump failure and options - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.7L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2011-Up Super Duty trucks. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.7L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 04:27 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My 2011 F-250 Lariat has been 100% reliable since the day I bought it new and I have loved everything about it. At 208,000 miles I'm sure most will say I have gotten my money's worth. However about 1.5 months ago the high pressure fuel pump failed sending metal through the fuel system and ultimately into the engine. I turned a claim into my insurance company and after being verified by fuel sampling it was determined it failed from contaminated fuel i.e. water. I say all that t say this, I am looking for my options moving forward. I have taken very good care of my truck and would like to fix it if feasible. I was told by a dealer and a trader that it is worth around $4,500-$5,000 in its current state. The fuel system replacement is around $10,000 and a Jasper engine would be around $19,000. I don't have anything more than what money I was able to get from insurance and certainly cannot afford to have to make payments on another truck at this time. Have any of you encountered this dilemma and if so, what did you do. I have even considered finding a good used 6.7L Cummins and seeing if I could find a way to put it in place simply because the CP3 pump is very reliable and won't cause this type of damage even if it does fail as a result of the filtration system it utilizes. Your help is greatly appreciated. First time visitor. Thanks

Last edited by AndyBivens; 12-03-2018 at 04:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 09:27 AM

Even if you replaced the engine which does not have any of the metal contamination you would still need to have the fuel system flush and many parts replaced.

The fuel contamination kit is part number EC3Z-9B246-A. It can be purchased off eBay for approx $3500 plus a $1500 deposit for the CP4 pump. Maybe Ford Doc/Keith will chime in how many yours to do this procedure for your truck. I have heard approx 40 labor hours, maybe more, maybe less on the hours.

The CP4 pump has to be returned for a 1500 credit.

Did you insurance company pay you enough to fix the engine parts and fuel system parts and flushing? If the ins company did not pay you the $10,000, you need to get a written estimate from the dealer for fuel system so they an amend their payment to you.

Larry

2015 F350 Ultra Lariat 6.7L CCLB DRW 3.73 Limited Slip, Green Gem Metallic w/ Caribou accent, Camper Package, Titan 65gal tank, Rapid Heat, Block Heater, Upfitter Switches, Dual Alternators, Camper Package, Cable Lock, Husky Floor Liners, Spray in Bedliner, 5th Wheel Prep, 25K 5th Wheel Hitch, Ford Goose Neck Hitch.

Traded 2011 F350 XLT CCLB SRW 6.2L gasser 6,000 miles for 2015

Sold 1996 F350 XLT CCLB DRW 7.3L 208,000 miles

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 11:00 AM

I ran across this a while back. Has anyone heard of this before?

https://www.accuratediesel.com/6-7l-...ntion-kit.html

2011 F350 4x4 XL Crew Cab Dually

2010 Keystone Fuzion 405 Toyhauler

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbart View Post
I ran across this a while back. Has anyone heard of this before?

https://www.accuratediesel.com/6-7l-...ntion-kit.html

Yes, have heard of it.......but have yet to see any using it say yeah or nay on does it help or not.

It would be nice to know how many have been sold.

Larry

2015 F350 Ultra Lariat 6.7L CCLB DRW 3.73 Limited Slip, Green Gem Metallic w/ Caribou accent, Camper Package, Titan 65gal tank, Rapid Heat, Block Heater, Upfitter Switches, Dual Alternators, Camper Package, Cable Lock, Husky Floor Liners, Spray in Bedliner, 5th Wheel Prep, 25K 5th Wheel Hitch, Ford Goose Neck Hitch.

Traded 2011 F350 XLT CCLB SRW 6.2L gasser 6,000 miles for 2015

Sold 1996 F350 XLT CCLB DRW 7.3L 208,000 miles

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 - 2016 Ford Super Duties > 6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in