Innercooler pipes - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.7L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2011-Up Super Duty trucks. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.7L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (16)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Innercooler pipes

I’m going to replace/upgrade both hot and cold innercooler pipes. In my search, I’m finding pure silicone like H&S, and then I’m finding mandrel bent aluminum, like aFe. Which is best?

2012 F-350 SD Crew Cab, SRW, LWB, 4 X 4, FX4 Offroad, Bilsteins and Bilstein Steering Stableizer, AirLift Air Bags with onboard compressor, BedLocker electric bed cover, Hellwig 1 1/4 inch rear anti-sway bar, 2017 G37 Turbo, ATS Stage I towing transmission kit, White Platinum w/Adobe, Navigation, Moon Roof, 5th Wheel Prep, Step Tail Gate, front 2 inch receiver, completely insulated, Pioneer speakers, King Ranch Package

'99 E-350 HiTop Companion Van Conversion, 7.3 SD Diesel, 5-tune DP Tuner, Triple AutoMeter C2 A-pillar gauge pod, dash mount AutoMeter C2 fuel pressure gauge, twin K&N's, 203* mod, Deraler tubed trannie pan, B&M trannie cooler, AirLift air bags, Bilsteins, 4" DiamondEye turbo back exhaust, Air Dog fuel filtration system, Hutch mod, header wrapped and high temperature painted Bellowed Up-Pipes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 01:12 PM

My Photos: (0)
You really do not need to replace the hot side (turbo side) since it is already made of metal. The cold side is the one that gives the problems.

I used a two piece metal tube from Rudy's for approx $150 a few years ago and love it. Now Rudy's and similar have one with silicone lower half and metal tube upper half for approx $100. You cna find them on eBay sometimes less than $100 with shipping.

Most say there is no real difference between the ones Rudy's sales and the name brand ones other than they cost more and have the company name/logo printed on the silicone tubes or in the metal.

Choice is up to you to spend more for the same kit as the cheaper one I bought.

Here is a link where I installed my Rudy's two metal tube setup.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...t-install.html

Larry

2015 F350 Ultra Lariat 6.7L CCLB DRW 3.73 Limited Slip, Green Gem Metallic w/ Caribou accent, Camper Package, Titan 65gal tank, Rapid Heat, Block Heater, Upfitter Switches, Dual Alternators, Camper Package, Cable Lock, Husky Floor Liners, Spray in Bedliner, 5th Wheel Prep, 25K 5th Wheel Hitch, Ford Goose Neck Hitch.

Traded 2011 F350 XLT CCLB SRW 6.2L gasser 6,000 miles for 2015

Sold 1996 F350 XLT CCLB DRW 7.3L 208,000 miles

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (16)
Hi lrrgh, wish I had received your reply earlier. I ordered the aFe Bladerunner kit for both sides. The write up on the kit is really good, so I don’t think I’ll be disappointed.

2012 F-350 SD Crew Cab, SRW, LWB, 4 X 4, FX4 Offroad, Bilsteins and Bilstein Steering Stableizer, AirLift Air Bags with onboard compressor, BedLocker electric bed cover, Hellwig 1 1/4 inch rear anti-sway bar, 2017 G37 Turbo, ATS Stage I towing transmission kit, White Platinum w/Adobe, Navigation, Moon Roof, 5th Wheel Prep, Step Tail Gate, front 2 inch receiver, completely insulated, Pioneer speakers, King Ranch Package

'99 E-350 HiTop Companion Van Conversion, 7.3 SD Diesel, 5-tune DP Tuner, Triple AutoMeter C2 A-pillar gauge pod, dash mount AutoMeter C2 fuel pressure gauge, twin K&N's, 203* mod, Deraler tubed trannie pan, B&M trannie cooler, AirLift air bags, Bilsteins, 4" DiamondEye turbo back exhaust, Air Dog fuel filtration system, Hutch mod, header wrapped and high temperature painted Bellowed Up-Pipes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 02:40 PM

Probably will be a good kit, but you probably paid a hefty sum for both pipes with their name and logo on them.

Larry

2015 F350 Ultra Lariat 6.7L CCLB DRW 3.73 Limited Slip, Green Gem Metallic w/ Caribou accent, Camper Package, Titan 65gal tank, Rapid Heat, Block Heater, Upfitter Switches, Dual Alternators, Camper Package, Cable Lock, Husky Floor Liners, Spray in Bedliner, 5th Wheel Prep, 25K 5th Wheel Hitch, Ford Goose Neck Hitch.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 02:41 PM

And like I mentioned in the message to you...check out the link....lots of good info there and would have helped on this selection

Larry

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 - 2016 Ford Super Duties > 6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in